BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] DJ Campbell arrested on match fixing allegations

JMillZz

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think so, from what I gather it's regarding a yellow card which is purely on an individual basis. Not as if they can penalize the club for being a poor judge of character is it? Well, at least I am hoping not! I imagine we will have to wait until any allegations are proven fruitful or not.

• Backroom

Not read the article but if it was the Ipswich game last week I wouldn't be shocked, it's one of the few times he's started and was booked early seemingly pointlessly and a few commented at the time

Or are these historic allegations?

i dont think the club will be implicated in this, unless of course the club were somehow involved. the club will have to seriously look at this, because its ridiculous. if DJ is found guilty, then the club will have no option but to get rid of him. we dont have time for this right now, esp if there is a very small chance of a playoff position

Will it ever stop raining?

I've said it before but every time something like this happens to us its an opportunity for the supporters trust to get in some good PR. After the protests under Kean our name was mud. I think a lot of the media and journalists now realise that we were justified. But the general consensus among the common man is Rovers fans deserve all we get. If the supporters trust box clever then we become the victims. Pomey fans mark II. Sky, Talksport etc... would be falling over themselves to hear our plight and sing our praises. That would be my approach. A bigger audience, a bigger presence and a louder voice. Might even open a few doors in terms of potential investment too.

As for Dj. Maybe he has done it. Maybe he hasn't. But at the end of the day he's been crap, he's got gold teeth and goes by the name of Dj. If this gives us the chance to sack him then im fine with that.

The LET haven't had their finger on the pulse since the legend Peter White passed away....

I think it's going to come to light now that betting scams are absolutely rife in this country. The leagues are already flooded with journeymen that are only concerned with cash and there are so many ridiculous things you can bet on like bookings, corners etc its massively open to abuse.

Agree Ossy. One player can't really fix a score but can easily get an early yellow card or kick the ball out for a throw in. Doesn't really need to be a number of team mates involved. Be really nice if it was DJ, Best and Etuhu though :)

Good , now we can terminate his contract !

Its dammed annoying that Rovers signed him.

The club kept it very quiet and low key when DJ was signed.

How long will the fans to keep paying to support people like this ?

Archived