SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] DJ Campbell arrested on match fixing allegations

JMillZz

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

What I don't get is what is bet on? Time of first yellow? Never seen odds on a specific player to be booked and how could folk bet enough on it without raising suspicion

I suppose these bookies aren't your William Hills etc though

Not sure how anyone proves a tackle is not just badly mistimed unless they admit otherwise. The tackle that Campbell got booked for is seen time and time again in matches when a forward is slightly late when a defender clears the ball.

Well somebody has more than likely got him admitting something to the tune of getting a yellow purposely. Innocent until proven guilty but I doubt they're nit-picking this specific yellow for no reason to point out the obvious. If he's admitted as much to some mole then he's @#/?.

What I don't get is what is bet on? Time of first yellow? Never seen odds on a specific player to be booked and how could folk bet enough on it without raising suspicion

I suppose these bookies aren't your William Hills etc though

Asian betting syndicates and not so "legal" bookies bet and take bets on absolutely everything regarding football, first corner/throw in, no shots on goal, Injuries, transfer activity, no subs used, time of substitutions, third rate coaches getting managers jobs as well as the normal stuff like Premier League teams forfeiting league cup matches against weaker opposition etc.

There's been some caught out in Australia recently in the Victorian State league and all roads lead back to Asia http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/football/six-charged-over-soccer-match-fixing-scandal/story-fn63e0vj-1226719864029

Although not related to Campbell as he's innocent until proven guilty just shows doesn't need to be more than one person in a team/club to make some syndicates a lot of money. Imagine what somebody could achieve on behalf of others if they could influence transfer activity, match tactics, team selection, substitutions even managerial appointments and sackings.

Pretty massive money involved in black market betting in places like India ,Singapore , Malaysia and more countries in that neck of the woods, but I wouldn't count some people involved in the game making a few quid in England as well via insider information.

If you read the story about the guy from Accy Stanley and his comments regarding how some people within the game are treated differently when caught involved in betting (not match fixing) and the double standards that the FA operate under easy to see how incidents that benefit syndicates can be carried out in the English game.

If true.........Ban him, sack him, sue him, jail him. Once in jail put him in cell 6 with big bubba

Hope the investigators havent watched rovers all season like us, becasue damm there has been some strange goals, happenings at times. Jake Kean could be facing the death penalty if they investigate him

When we first signed him, I was happy enough, as he had scored goals at this level and I thought he would be an able deputy to Rhodes. He's been terrible since he signed and I don't know if he's scored since signing permanently. These allegations would certainly go some way to explaining this.

If true.........Ban him, sack him, sue him, jail him. Once in jail put him in cell 6 with big bubba

Hope the investigators havent watched rovers all season like us, becasue damm there has been some strange goals, happenings at times. Jake Kean could be facing the death penalty if they investigate him

Haha. That's very funny. I needed that after more Rovers related bad news.

Once this type of thing is in the game, the trouble is you start doubting everything.The Yak's penalty against Liverpool, for instance. Then you look for any links to Portsmouth/China etc. A conspiracy theorist's Heaven.

I think I can make a pretty good case that it was the Raos, who killed Kennedy!

Steve Kean. Shabby Singh. Jerome Anderson. Barry White.

These are four people.

Some of Blackburn Rovers foreign signings.

They are some footballers.

Tottenham Hotspur.

That is a football club based in north London.

Hang on got to go...an odour that reminds me of Fleetwood docks in emanating from somewhere.

Asian betting syndicates and not so "legal" bookies bet and take bets on absolutely everything regarding football, first corner/throw in, no shots on goal, Injuries, transfer activity, no subs used, time of substitutions, third rate coaches getting managers jobs as well as the normal stuff like Premier League teams forfeiting league cup matches against weaker opposition etc.

Surely if some guy comes in and places a huge bet on some no-mark player in a lower-league English game getting booked within the first 20 minutes, even the stupidest Hong Kong bookie would know it's probably a fix.

How does anyone make money out of this?

Sky News just reported that we have confirmed the arrest

This could be big news I hope some people are sitting uncomfortably in Pune

and in the Football Association protected scumbags unit :)

Still the plus side Burnley Bob may have to break his three year silence as one of esteemed members of the FA Professional game board

Greed and corruption runs deep. It's beyond belief to the football fan that someone can earn £20K a week for doing a dream job and then feel the need to earn more by doing something,like this. Whether this is true or not it just shows that betting on football is out of control and unles the problem is addressed worldwide we are being cheated.

Once this type of thing is in the game, the trouble is you start doubting everything.The Yak's penalty against Liverpool, for instance. Then you look for any links to Portsmouth/China etc. A conspiracy theorist's Heaven.

Its so easy to do though when you think about it and your right you litterally question everything now. So many #headsgone moments in football where you think WTF was he thinking.

Archived