BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] DJ Campbell arrested on match fixing allegations

JMillZz

• Backroom

Was Appleton Sodje's manager at Portsmouth? He signed Campbell.

Came out of the blue for the Rovers job

Be interesting to see how high this runs as we know for sure the likes of DJ aren't the masterminds here

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely if some guy comes in and places a huge bet on some no-mark player in a lower-league English game getting booked within the first 20 minutes, even the stupidest Hong Kong bookie would know it's probably a fix.

How does anyone make money out of this?

Simple example :

10 member syndicate (money) - 30 people employed by syndicate to bet - One employee of the syndicate makes the same bet with 10 different bookies (easy via phone / web) say at $500 a bet - so 10 bets of $500 = $5000 x 29 other syndicate employees doing the same = $150,000 bet on say a player receiving a yellow card via 300 legal and illegal bookies all over the world. Odds say of 5/1 - $750,000 return plus initial stake. Bookies loss Off set by millions of normal punters bets going down. Plus it would not be unusual for one bookie to pay out $2500+stake

So out of the 750k profit take out a very small percentage for payment to people employed to put the bet on , fee for the fixer and the player who has been nobled, you are still looking at maybe 650k profit.

Although legal bookies are often taken to the cleaners by syndicates they do operate blocks (I know here on one particular legit Gambling site they do not allow in game betting on football matches) , the illegal bookies (often funded by underworld activities) do not have the checks and balances in place or time to decide if it's an iffy bet and considering everything in football is bet on in some places there's a chance its just some idiot taking a punt, plus there's always the chance the bet will not come off.

A case of bigger risks bigger rewards

Let's hope the VENKYSCUM get implicated

Don't talk daft Abbey. Hopefully no blame attaches to the Club and it is solely down to the player.

Although as some others have said facetiously, wouldn't exactly be a disaster if Best and Etuhu were to be implicated as well.

No club even wants the smell of this associated with them but I fear the can has been opened and players linked to lots of clubs will be implicated but for the sake of all those clubs I hope it is limited to rogue individuals because any club implicated directly will be in serious trouble.

It would be easy to take a 'same old b'stards always cheating' line but I'm not so naive as to believe some of our players could not be implicated. As a fan it is devastating, you look at every booking, sending off, penalty conceded where at the time you wondered what the player was thinking and now you wonder how much he'd been paid!

What does one think of a club that pulls 5 points clear of relegation from the Premier League with 6 games to go and then gets relegated with ease?

Good players not selected or pulled off at half-time with no sane reason ever given.

You would have to be at least suspicious, wouldn't you?

If this gave us an excuse to terminate Campbell's contract immediately for gross misconduct I think it's excellent news myself.

The downside would be if he denied it, went to trial and was then found guilty. The whole thing would drag on for months and months and presumably he'd have to be suspended on full pay so even less use to us than he has been so far.

Of course if he hasn't done anything wrong fair play. Still think he's useless on the pitch though.

What does one think of a club that pulls 5 points clear of relegation from the Premier League with 6 games to go and then gets relegated with ease?

Good players not selected or pulled off at half-time with no sane reason ever given.

You would have to be at least suspicious, wouldn't you?

Not in the slightest because that would require the willing participation andinvolvment of all the players.

Don't talk daft Abbey. Hopefully no blame attaches to the Club and it is solely down to the player.

Although as some others have said facetiously, wouldn't exactly be a disaster if Best and Etuhu were to be implicated as well.

Do you not want facts to come out or do you just want everything hidden and you can pretend ... Allegedly

I hope DJ sings like a wannabe X Factor clown, and I then hope that everyone involved is prosecuted to the absolute max.

These guys do something that most of us can only dream about, they are compensated massively, they are worshipped by the fans who pick up the tab for this lifestyle and they repay those fans with this.

Worse than your missus shagging all your mates, your brother and your dad.

These pricks demand loyalty from the club and it's fans, they bang on about getting behind the team, working had....blah, blah blah and all the time they are on their knees like a two bit hooker for a little more silver. Any found guilty should be banned for life and hopefully get to share a cell for a considerable amount of time with a twenty stone cross dressing psycho named Baz (Babs to his friends).

• Moderation Lead

I hope he cuts a deal and implicates venkys .

Anyhow said my bit .. Going quiet again . K shod has made it clear I'm not welcome . See you laters.

Oh shut up and stop being the victim. Why say something if you're going to do the opposite??

Anyway, implicating Venky's implicates BRFC- meaning we're thomas tucked.....

Archived