BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers disabled supporters xmas party

Brfcrule1

right so this is all of them I say we had some good banter with a lot of the players inc Robbo with his missed pen kick on Quest. O Sport and with Rochina trying to see if there were any Barca youngsters we might be able to get also had a joke about Messi however all in all it was a very good evening a lot of laughs and the spirit among the group was very good.

Rochina trying to see if there were any Barca youngsters we might be able to get also had a joke about Messi however all in all it was a very good evening a lot of laughs and the spirit among the group was very good.

How's his English Savio? He must be one of the few in the squad now whereby English isn't first language.

• 3 months later...

Good to see the players out in force at last nights awards.

Did anybody on here go?

Saw the video on the Youtube page, looked like a great turnout from both the players and the supporters!

A big :D at the end of the video, the young girl with Tom Cairney has lightened up my day! What A great smile!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkxVOn83AZY

One of the club's stand out annual events. Well done to all involved. But...

Not a single sighting if the lesser-spotted Savio? What gives?

Bit surprised to see Rhodes win the best player award though, he's rubbish. :P

I thought the same Stuart. Must have been a rigged vote.

Gets me thinking though - who is our player of the season? Possibly Cairney but he was out for a while with injury. Hanley has been superb in the most part but silly sending off and a sticky couple of games recently have blotted his copybook.

I know Rhodes will win it because he's 'Roy of the Rovers' isn't he. But he has had a few spells this season where he has been bordering on pathetic (January - mid-March for instance). Fortunately for us, he also has spells where he can't stop scoring.

Anyone else? It's been such an inconsistent line up that very few players have actually seen constant game time. Only really Rhodes, Hanley, Lowe and Spurr have played consistently.

Think Hanley would get it for me - I think he's maturing into a very good centre half.

Funny enough Stuart was thinking that Savio hadn't been around lately, even quiet on twitter, hope all is well with him.

Good highlight video of the event, good turn out of players, agree with Rog the girls face at the end was fantastic

• Backroom

Bumped into Sav last Tuesday at Ewood and had a good chat he's doing great and has finally moved to Blackburn now I imagine getting settled and sorted is taking up most of his time

On player of the year it's been Rudy followed by Conway since January for me but overall Cairney maybe or Rhodes for his goals can't be overlooked

I thought the same Stuart. Must have been a rigged vote.

Gets me thinking though - who is our player of the season? Possibly Cairney but he was out for a while with injury. Hanley has been superb in the most part but silly sending off and a sticky couple of games recently have blotted his copybook.

I know Rhodes will win it because he's 'Roy of the Rovers' isn't he. But he has had a few spells this season where he has been bordering on pathetic (January - mid-March for instance). Fortunately for us, he also has spells where he can't stop scoring.

Anyone else? It's been such an inconsistent line up that very few players have actually seen constant game time. Only really Rhodes, Hanley, Lowe and Spurr have played consistently.

Think Hanley would get it for me - I think he's maturing into a very good centre half.

Hanley has been shocking for a couple of months now. All over the place without Dann.

Cairney for me.

Hanley has been shocking for a couple of months now. All over the place without Dann.

Cairney for me.

Possibly you're right RF. Cairney has indeed had an excellent season, particularly considering he has been asked to do a role that wouldn't suit him perfectly. As has been the story of our season it was a real shame to lose him through injury.

sorry all I know I have been a bit quiet it has proved a bit of a nightmare moving am still finding my feet trying to work out where things are and the bus times are very sketchy but things are gradually improving I am also in the process of organising my space better and one of my neighbours has agreed to put laminate flooring down for me as the material is more or less the same cost as carpet & today I have had a new boiler installed which is working fine means I don't have to heat up several kettles to have a bath. I can confirm though I was at the disabled supporters party on Monday and got some good photos will upload them in due course.

• Backroom

I'm surprised they left you without any carpet or anything Savio I thought the council sorted things like that but I'm glad you are getting there one step at a time

There should be done nice red carpet left over from Liz and Phil's visit to Blackburn yesterday. Did you get to see the Royal Family?

I gather Mr Shelfy failed to sell them some "click and fit" shelving so you may be able to get a good deal on that as well.

Seriously, welcome to God's country Savio.

Archived