BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Most hated player to play for Blackburn

Saw this on another messageboard, thought it was rather interesting. Who do you consider to be the player you hated the most during their time at Blackburn? I know a lot of the recent crop could easily get a mention but I always truly despised was Dwight Yorke overpaid, couldn't give a Sh*t and was a complete waste of space.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most hated across the fanbase i can remember was Jimmy Quinn though i could never work out why although i was only young lol. Me personally it's Orr, he is everything i hate in a footballer i.e very average but paid £££., clueless, should be over the moon just to get near a club like Rovers yet acts like he's doing us a favour and a gobsh##te to boot !

The oldies still feel the pain of ' Cheyenne' . the FA cup final was a complete disaster and Rovers suffered for years after.

Was that Dougan ? I've read that he was a bit of a character/coont wherever he played although not sure if it's true of course. I don't think he thought much of Blackburn either.

What did jimmy quinn do?? I was too young or not born then lol

Don't really know i just remember everyone seemed to hate him. He had a good reputation and scored goals all over before and after he left Rovers and at international level.

Guest Norbert

Of the last few years.....Orr, Murphy, Best, Anderson.

Overall, in the Premier league era I'd say Yorke, Peacock, Fowler, Grella (for not going to Turkey).

I've never really hated anyone that's played for Rovers as such. I can recall Super Keith Andrews being lambasted on here and openly booed during matches when he touched the ball. Lucas Neill also worth a shout after the manner of his departure and the reception he got in the games he played prior to leaving.

Even though he was a good player for us, I hate Le-Saux. The way he left us and for years after he never mentioned Rovers in an interview. Batty should of knocked him out.

Nah.... He had real quality, was really 'spikey', we got 100% effort from him virtually every time he turned out and we made 4.5 million on him. I can't really see any justification for putting a Prem league medal holder into this thread when there are so many other worthwhile candidates.

Hated? After all these years of supporting Rovers, I would honestly have to say Murphy,partly because of the timing of his free loading contract. There was a time -before wounds healed-when Shearer was very much despised. Meanwhile, I think Leon may catch him up

With Quinn, I thought he just got scapegoated for not scoring. The fans loved him at first though.

Guest Norbert

Le Sulk didn't put the effort in as soon as he made his mind up to leave. We stuck with him for a year whilst his knee got better, then as soon as he can play, starts bitching about going to a bigger club. Backstabbing, ungrateful tw_t. Being a very good player doesn't excuse this.

Hated? After all these years of supporting Rovers, I would honestly have to say Murphy,partly because of the timing of his free loading contract. There was a time -before wounds healed-when Shearer was very much despised. Meanwhile, I think Leon may catch him up

With Quinn, I thought he just got scapegoated for not scoring. The fans loved him at first though.

Rem the old song Leonard (I'm sure you do).... 'You always hate the one you love'. Losing Shearer was not like losing a player it was more like going through a divorce!

Le Sulk didn't put the effort in as soon as he made his mind up to leave. We stuck with him for a year whilst his knee got better, then as soon as he can play, starts bitching about going to a bigger club. Backstabbing, ungrateful tw_t. Being a very good player doesn't excuse this.

OMG..I could I have forgotten him! The thing that rankled with me was his pretentious, poor man's Pat Nevin/ footballer as intellectual s***t. He thought he was above this club, when he served up probably the most embarrassing moment I have ever seen from a Rovers player..Moscow in front of the whole world..

Le-saux bitched about Chelsea before he joined us. Then he couldnt wait to get back there to the bright lights. Self proclaimed intelligent footballer because he was a Guardian reader. Not liked by his fellow pro's, which says it all.

Archived