BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ruben Rochina

Tom

Should we have kept him?  

243 members have voted

1. 1. Simple question, simple answers - should we have kept Ruben?

• Yes
    • No

It says something about the managers we have and have had if they can't accommodate his skill, but when you examine the managers since he's been here it tells you something does it not?

I think the owners play into this a bit. We all know that 1 win and a loss is better than 2 draws. But with our trigger happy nutjob owners the reverse is probably true. Managers may have aired on the side of caution to avoid defeat and this has left ruben out in the cold. Highlighted further maybe by the fact he got most gametime/starts when bowyer took over as caretaker. He probably didnt think he had a chance of the job so could be braver and take the attacking options

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It says something about the managers we have and have had if they can't accommodate his skill, but when you examine the managers since he's been here it tells you something does it not?

It tells me that the managers we have had may not have been the best but they all knew that Rochina is a show pony who can't utilise whatever skill he may have into a team game. No great loss in my book.

To say he divides opinion is reflected perfectly in the results. Just cast mine (a no) and the vote is a perfect 50/50 split of 90 votes.

I also know that if I asked my Dad, he'd say yes so that says it all.

I have to agree with Stuart and I've said as much a couple of times, I'd rather see the wage money spent on an experienced keeper rather than someone who is a pure luxury at best.

So lets all knock Bowyer because Ruben has not found amanager yet who can get the so called best out of him. Or maybe they have. Dollars to donuts he ends up a benchwarmer on his latest excursion.

I once saw this superb looking teapot-beautifully embossed patterns, shapely spout, but made of chocolate.I would never have bought it myself, but Steve Kean did.

Yes, we play much better with him in the side. It's as simple as that.

Sorry Simon but that's just bunkum.

Rochina had a decent game against Derby away and that's ingrained on people's minds.

What about the other 60 abject performances?

Move on.

No he didn't. He was very poor v Derby, kept running down blind alleys and wasting the ball.

The forward who played well was Best, who came on, bullied their defence and scored a goal.

I thought he had a good game.

So glad he's gone. I'd imagine he's on decent wages as he was signed during a crazy period.

If he was as good as some people think he would have been in the team more, can blame managers, tactics, not getting his chance etc.. But in the plain light of day he hasn't ever been a regular in a team who's been crying out for a creative player. As we all know he has shown glimpses of brilliance but to infrequent, no tactical awareness or work rate. Pure luxury/ frustrating player I think we have had in a while.

I would still of shoved goodwillie and best out before him thou. Says a lot about the characters in the dressing room and the horrendous decisions that has been made by the last few managers.

Really Rev? Would you remind me please on when those occasions were?

I think I'm right in saying he only made 2 starts this season, Derby away and Birmingham home.

I thought our general play in both games was very good whilst Rochina was on the pitch notwithstanding the first half score against Brum.

It's a daft statement. Why say the team's better with him in it ?

About as daft as saying Lowe is the linchpin of the side...which I believe you stated...we'll see where both players end up in a few years and see who was ultimately right...last year...11 starts, 5 goals, six assists...not as bad as you make him out to be

I've seen Rochina have one good game, maybe two, in all his time with Rovers. He has shown nothing that promises he will be anyhting other than a bit-part player. He has learnt nothing as far as I can see. Lowe is a constant in the side whenever he is fit. The manager always picks him. He's the holding man in midfield, the linchpin. I don't need to wait a few years to see which is the better player.

From that Twatter (copyright Theno)

@rubenrochina23: thank you to all blackburn fans for your support but this decision was the best one for me and club! all the best for the rest of season!

And yes I voted that he had to go. I sit 7 rows from the back of the BBE lower tier after all. Quite frankly I just don't need that hassle.

Archived