BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Areas in Blackburn

Must say the boulevard and the new bus station in the town centre are looking fabulous.

Just hope theres a vision for more open green spaces in the town centre, especially if they can directly connect Montague street with the Wainright bridge the land then either side should be cleared for a large green common which would make the town more attractive.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What Diferance does it make where this happened and why do you(abbey) say "folk" when this was just one individual perv, the same kind of thing could(and likely does) happen anywhere.

Cue obvious joke from the last paragraph of that article.

Your username+the last paragrah+my imagination=ill stick to chinese takeaways :)

Not even biting , I really can't be arsed.

Well sorry, but it seems an odd aspect of the story to pick up on.

It was only earlier this week that you was saying what a crime ridden place its turning into in your area, so really you could apply your initial post towards where you live.

Miss Allan said Yusuf had a previous caution for indecent exposure.

Angela Rossi, defending, said there were mental health issues for her client. "He is due to start work in a takeaway which is father is opening in a few weeks time," said Miss Rossi.

Now call me old fashioned but for some reason I can't see that being a rip roaring success! :lol: btw anybody know the name of it for future reference? :huh:

Well sorry, but it seems an odd aspect of the story to pick up on.

It was only earlier this week that you was saying what a crime ridden place its turning into in your area, so really you could apply your initial post towards where you live.

see post 302

Miss Allan said Yusuf had a previous caution for indecent exposure.

Angela Rossi, defending, said there were mental health issues for her client. "He is due to start work in a takeaway which is father is opening in a few weeks time," said Miss Rossi.

Now call me old fashioned but for some reason I can't see that being a rip roaring success! :lol: btw anybody know the name of it for future reference? :huh:

God knows but pulled pork is a speciality

God knows but pulled pork is a speciality

His father should be locked up as well for contemplating employing him in a takeaway with that kind of conviction,

There was no reference to washing his hands after the said action,

bet you all want to know which take away it is now

;)

I don't see anything remotely wrong with this. Muslims still want to buy halal when they are on holiday. If they know a destination sells halal food then they are more likely to go. The article claims it is a growing market East Lancs can grab a slice of. Time to get that Turkish lira!

I don't see anything remotely wrong with this. Muslims still want to buy halal when they are on holiday. If they know a destination sells halal food then they are more likely to go. The article claims it is a growing market East Lancs can grab a slice of. Time to get that Turkish lira!

You say that as though the painful death of animals is acceptable.

Im pretty sure the animals are butchered for food, you make it sound as though theyre just being sacrificed for no reason.

Regardless of how animals are slaughtered, for most of them(especially hens) its still a release from the hellish short lives theyve had to live.

Also god only knows what kind of conditions the animals that have been raised abroad have had to live in before making there way across the globe onto your dinner plate.

We've been led to believe for decades that education was going to take care of all these medieval beliefs? Seems some simply refuse to learn.

Yeah..... like we are really short of muslims around these parts. With the constant examples of Islamic atrocities and grief all around the globe I'd prefer to think of ways of discouraging them.

Well I know the whole Halal slaughter debate has been done to a slow and painful death on here, so I'll just state my point of view and move on.

According to every article I've read on this, close to 90 % of halal meat comes from animals that were stunned before the neck was cut. 0% of kosher meat comes from pre-stunned animals. It seems that a lot of people have selective outrage when it comes to religious slaughter.

Personally I'm more concerned about the way some other animals are reared and killed. I read that a lot of non-halal chickens are now stunned in electrically charged baths and then gassed, rather than having their necks cut. That sounds a lot more like industrial slaughter, removed from any human hand, and therefore sounds worse to me.

That's because of the way I have come to terms with eating animals - I can eat an animal because I know I would be able to kill one and eat it myself in order to survive. Cutting the neck is the method I would be able to do myself. So, in my opinion, it is the best way. In a more animal welfare driven society, I can see that many think animals should be stunned first. But personally I have no problem with those, such as the Jewish, that do not stun. It is the most natural way after all. For me, gassing them is clearly worse. It is too removed, too industrial.

But have I eaten a chicken that was gased, or a un-stunned cow? Probably, yes. We are pretty much all hypocritical when it comes to food, as convenience is king.

Finally, going back to the article. with the amount of halal meat already being consumed in and around East Lancs right now, why not take advantage, label it clearly, and rake in some money from tourism? It would actually benefit those that would rather not eat halal or kosher, as labelling helps everyone make an informed decision.

According to every article I've read on this, close to 90 % of halal meat comes from animals that were stunned before the neck was cut. 0% of kosher meat comes from pre-stunned animals. It seems that a lot of people have selective outrage when it comes to religious slaughter.

Not me matey...way back

http://www.brfcc.com/mb/index.php/topic/18523-bacon/?p=602247

Always a treat to see the plebs and ignorant banging on about the evils of halal.

Unfortunately you will find poor practices in all types of slaughter no matter if it has a religious element or not .

Halal is not the actual issue, it's essentially just the blessing.

That's not not to say that the fearful racists won't pedal some rhetoric about it sooner rather than later

Archived