BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Rao's

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think that any Rovers fan loves Venky's.

Some would see us rid of them even if we end up a pub team. As others have said this would mean selling brockhall and Ewood and never getting them back. Jack walker gave us an amazing gift in terms of this infrastructure. If we lose it it's gone for good - including the jobs of those employed.

It is true that we don't know for a fact that there isn't a wealthy owner waiting in the wings. All we know is that we were for sale for ages as a premiership club with less debt and nobody bought us. So it seems unlikely.

I think the best thing we can do as fans is attend matches. It helps the players do well, it helps us towards financial independence, And that rich (imaginary?) sheikh will prefer a club with 20k gates than one with 13k.

Talk about head in the sand. As though life under Venkys is much like any other club. With the amount of debt we are in, we are in a whole world of @#/?.

There is no positive view of the future - without promotion.

Stuart, it certainly would be, but for the constant doom and gloom brigade. Our debt is being serviced, so what exactly are we worried about, most other clubs have debt and it to is serviced. What in particular makes us different ?. Promotion has to be an aspiration for any club, hopefully we will get their eventually. Lets be totally honest most clubs nowadays are playthings for rich people, no supporter at any smaller club can honestly say they are not reliant on their owners whims.

No, I really do get it. Rovers were always a loss-making enterprise in the premiership era. But thanks to their golden touch venkys have turned us into an economic basket case which only promotion will solve. However dedpite all that's happened they still haven't learned their lessons as we still have a novice appointed.

This was a pivotal season for this club and it's ended in failure. There's been progress yes. But weay look back on this season as a calamity because it may well turn out that it's all downhill from hereon in. We're pissing money out of the door at a rate of knots that's impressive even for a football club. There's an air of complacency on here that we can just carry on like this.

Can you really blame the fans for staying away if they don't feel they can attend in good conscience after all that has happened?

Some football fans it seems have conveniently short memories when it suits them.

Please try to avoid condescension as it doesn't help your cause, particularly when combined with basic spelling errors. Similarly for straw man arguments. Thanks

No, I really do get it. Rovers were always a loss-making enterprise in the premiership era. But thanks to their golden touch venkys have turned us into an economic basket case which only promotion will solve. However dedpite all that's happened they still haven't learned their lessons as we still have a novice appointed.

This was a pivotal season for this club and it's ended in failure. There's been progress yes. But weay look back on this season as a calamity because it may well turn out that it's all downhill from hereon in. We're pissing money out of the door at a rate of knots that's impressive even for a football club. There's an air of complacency on here that we can just carry on like this.

Can you really blame the fans for staying away if they don't feel they can attend in good conscience after all that has happened?

Some football fans it seems have conveniently short memories when it suits them.

Please try to avoid condescension as it doesn't help your cause, particularly when combined with basic spelling errors. Similarly for straw man arguments. Thanks

Hahahaha that really tickled me, especially the last paragraph... Turn you spell check on.

Name another club in the top two divisions that loses money at the rate we do and whose owners have such low cash reserves and whose club has such a high wages to turnover percentage

Before I do that, you show me a copy of a statement from the owners personal bank accounts proving that they have low cash reserves.

Actually I have big fingers and keep on making typos on my smartphone. Tell you what though ... I know the difference between whose and who's.

At least I try to put forth an argument without resorting to ad hominem and straw man approaches.

Until you can persuade me our losses are sustainable and secured appropriately then I'll continue to think you have your head in the sand

They're chicken farmers, how much do you reckon they have in cash assets? It's a high turnover low margin business.

Answer the question that was put to you and see if you can do it withput getting all smug

What in particular makes us different ?

We don't have any confidence that our owners are doing everything in the best interests of the club.

Our owners have demonstrated that they will continue blindly against the wishes of the fans - regardless of the cost.

Our owners don't turn up to matches and appear to take no real interest in the club - unless the Queen drops by.

Our owners have not delivered any success or even any hope of success in the last four years. Unless you count the 'stability' of them shutting their gobs as success.

We have a coach-turned-manager by default and not because he was the best candidate, and this appears to be fine with the owners because he is prepared to fly to India every couple of months (how many managers do this?).

They alienated and sacked one of the best administrators and best managers in the business.

They are not accountable for their actions, and neither are any of their employees.

They allow a clown to represent them in the media and are generally "confused" about football matters.

They are a source of embarrassment for every Rovers fan.

But apparently they are paying the bills, despite our debt pile growing. So what exactly are they paying for? To the outside observer, it seems as though they are paying whatever the minimum charge is against whatever income they have mortgaged.

Forgive me for being 'negative', clearly this is all 'normal'?

Actually I have big fingers and keep on making typos on my smartphone. Tell you what though ... I know the difference between whose and who's.

At least I try to put forth an argument without resorting to ad hominem and straw man approaches.

Until you can persuade me our losses are sustainable and secured appropriately then I'll continue to think you have your head in the sand

They're chicken farmers, how much do you reckon they have in cash assets? It's a high turnover low margin business.

Answer the question that was put to you and see if you can do it withput getting all smug

Bryan, read that last paragraph of your previous post as well as this post, you really couldn`t get more ad hominem than that. I do however apologise if I have come across as being smug it was not my intention. You, like others, seem to have formed an opinion that will not be changed, regardless of the situation we are in. As far as "Straw man approaches"... sorry dude... I really don`t know what your on about.

We don't have any confidence that our owners are doing everything in the best interests of the club.

Our owners have demonstrated that they will continue blindly against the wishes of the fans - regardless of the cost.

Our owners don't turn up to matches and appear to take no real interest in the club - unless the Queen drops by.

Our owners have not delivered any success or even any hope of success in the last four years. Unless you count the 'stability' of them shutting their gobs as success.

We have a coach-turned-manager by default and not because he was the best candidate, and this appears to be fine with the owners because he is prepared to fly to India every couple of months (how many managers do this?).

They alienated and sacked one of the best administrators and best managers in the business.

They are not accountable for their actions, and neither are any of their employees.

They allow a clown to represent them in the media and are generally "confused" about football matters.

They are a source of embarrassment for every Rovers fan.

But apparently they are paying the bills, despite our debt pile growing. So what exactly are they paying for? To the outside observer, it seems as though they are paying whatever the minimum charge is against whatever income they have mortgaged.

Forgive me for being 'negative', clearly this is all 'normal'?

Sorry Stuart but I have to ask, is this a post that has been copied and pasted from the Kean era? It just seems so threadbare at the moment, possibly from being so cliched. Granted these things have happened, but there is no time machine invented yet that could rectify these mistakes. Can we not move on for the sake of the club.

Are we hell! Until we are is the reason we need the owners.

Hahaha you`re absolutely right Gordon.

Didn't someone once say describing the Rao's as ' chicken farmers ' is like saying Jack Walker had a scrap yard, I do think they are very wealthy people,

maybe even worth a couple of billion or more, I think the question is how long do they want to continue to lose £25-30m per year when they appear to

show very little interest in their ' Baby ' and what's in it for them anyway ?

First of all I should apologise for getting proper narky. I guess it shows I care. I'm still angry about what's happened to us.

Regarding venkys wealth , if they were floating on a sea of cash I find it strange that they didn't immediately settle the debt we had like they undertook to do during dd.

If they really are billionaires then I'd have to say it's a rare occurrence of beer tastes on champagne money.

I know it's not hip cool or trendy to be so cynical but I can't help it. I don't do it to aggravate. It's genuinely motivated by concern for the club. Of course others have their own views.

But I can only say venkys will only ever be bad news for this vlub in my view

First of all I should apologise for getting proper narky. I guess it shows I care. I'm still angry about what's happened to us.

Regarding venkys wealth , if they were floating on a sea of cash I find it strange that they didn't immediately settle the debt we had like they undertook to do during dd.

If they really are billionaires then I'd have to say it's a rare occurrence of beer tastes on champagne money.

I know it's not hip cool or trendy to be so cynical but I can't help it. I don't do it to aggravate. It's genuinely motivated by concern for the club. Of course others have their own views.

I'm certainly not disagreeing with you on this point Bryan, but I've read dozens of articles about their businesses over the last 3 years

and unless they have employed a bloody good PR man and their wealth is all a con, they are seriously rich, of course that means

nowt to us if they decide to discard us when they've had enough.

Bryan, who knows what they are thinking, as long as they are footing the bills and keeping their noses out, we should be happy. Lol my happiness stems from that.

Sorry Stuart but I have to ask, is this a post that has been copied and pasted from the Kean era? It just seems so threadbare at the moment, possibly from being so cliched. Granted these things have happened, but there is no time machine invented yet that could rectify these mistakes. Can we not move on for the sake of the club.

Despite your attempt at patronising me, the sad thing is that all of that post still applies now. What has changed in terms of the club's health? Our finances are WORSE and only look like getting even worse in the future.

I'm not sure how you can be so anaesthetised from the reality though. Does it make things easier for you? Move on? You mean 'shut your eyes and hope for the best'? For the good of the club? What a hollow and glib comment.

You start to heal once the wound has closed, not whilst you are still haemorrhaging blood.

Yes I agree. If they were willing to release the taps on this intold wealth they'd save themselves a fortune in intetest payments.

So either they're rich like croseus but willing to let us crash and burn and willing to lose face and make big intetest payments. Or in fact they're only rich on paper and liquid assets are thin on the ground and these facilities the club is using are pushing them close enough to the limit that their ears are burning. Or maybe they're just mad blind deranged and suicidal.

The putting of the pudding is in the eating. Thus far it's not a pudding I'd care to eat.

I apologise for my god awful typing

How do you nobody won't be after us Gordon ?

I don't know for sure but you appear to be assuming there are plenty out there.

Remember Abbey it took us 4 years to find a buyer for a virtually debt free, financially stable, mid table Premier League club with a 50-60 million pound turnover. Our wage bill was approx 80% of turnover back then, yet it was only possible by knocking down the price enough to attract the Venkymob. How long do you think it will take to find a buyer now with a turnover of somewhere in the region of 10 million and suicidal wage : income ratio?

No doubt the Venkymob thought that they could actually make money. They didn't of course but any new owner will know for certain that he is going to dump a Kings ransom to buy the club and most likely repeat the process every single year . As I've said earlier and to quote Alan Sugar we are effectively looking for 'an idiot with a death wish'.

I can only think we'll end up being bought for a bargain bin price once the club's been gutted.

No doubt it would take a mega offer to make venkys sell right now. An offer out of all proportion to the club's worth.

The irony is that to be rid of venkys the club would have to be saleable again. To do that we would have to be promoted. My honest feeling is that would never happen under venkys

Despite your attempt at patronising me, the sad thing is that all of that post still applies now. What has changed in terms of the club's health? Our finances are WORSE and only look like getting even worse in the future.

I'm not sure how you can be so anaesthetised from the reality though. Does it make things easier for you? Move on? You mean 'shut your eyes and hope for the best'? For the good of the club? What a hollow and glib comment.

You start to heal once the wound has closed, not whilst you are still haemorrhaging blood.

Wow! you really are immune to common sense... and a bit dramatic as well.

Wow! you really are immune to common sense... and a bit dramatic as well.

Dramatic I'll accept. Common sense resistant I'm afraid that's your domain, evidently.

Yes I agree. If they were willing to release the taps on this intold wealth they'd save themselves a fortune in intetest payments.

So either they're rich like croseus but willing to let us crash and burn and willing to lose face and make big intetest payments. Or in fact they're only rich on paper and liquid assets are thin on the ground and these facilities the club is using are pushing them close enough to the limit that their ears are burning. Or maybe they're just mad blind deranged and suicidal.

The putting of the pudding is in the eating. Thus far it's not a pudding I'd care to eat.

I apologise for my god awful typing

Your 2nd paragraph says it all I suppose, we haven't got a clue what they're thinking or what they'll do, and this is what is so bloody frustrating

about having them as owners.

Archived