BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Rao's

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read that article too. It was pretty clear that football is not going to progress beyond some awful slum where no-one is looking.

So they have reduced us to that?

Has this turned into the areas in Blackburn thread from ICBINF

They're working on it I suppose Mr. Proud, though I meant in India. I'm not sure how they're working on the slum part round Blackburn.

They don't seem to be looking, they have devastated our fan base, made monumental mistakes, otherwise done good. I wasn't born in Blackburn, Whalley, lived all my life in the area, supported my team for 35 years, my business is in the town, they are reducing us to an also ran. They have removed the pride Jack gave us, and the generations of local men/women before him. Just an analogy.

They don't seem to be looking, they have devastated our fan base, made monumental mistakes, otherwise done good. I wasn't born in Blackburn, Whalley, lived all my life in the area, supported my team for 35 years, my business is in the town, they are reducing us to an also ran. They have removed the pride Jack gave us, and the generations of local men/women before him. Just an analogy.

It is a bad time, Not much to hope for. Yes, I remember all the Whalley Rovers fans, catching the 232 bus from the boulevard in the days of the old third division.

It is the unbelievable waste that gets to me. All the work that was done from the 80's through the 90's, just p***d away by undeserving owners, aided and abetted by the so called authorities. I know Anderson is a predatory, slimy reptile along with Coco and Mr "Lifelong Rovers fan", but they are all so faceless, unaccountable...and now rich at the expense of my kids, me and generations of Rovers fans.

It took such a long time to build up that fan base too. The phrase "made in Lancashire, destroyed in India" would have been totally unthinkable, as recently as 2010 and now it just rolls off the tongue. The account is depicted as just another hard luck story from which we have to move on.

I can't even bring myself to watch Match of the Day, let alone the cheap and nasty Football League Show. It is not just the relegation. It is the outrageous manner of being taken down.

Sometimes, I read some of the threads on this message board and imagine that someone will collate all the messages of loss and outrage etc and publish them.

What good would it do? Well it would make me feel better that it wasn't all conveniently shut away in a little, disenfranchised, northern backwater....Rant over!

It is a bad time, Not much to hope for. Yes, I remember all the Whalley Rovers fans, catching the 232 bus from the boulevard in the days of the old third division.

It is the unbelievable waste that gets to me. All the work that was done from the 80's through the 90's, just p***d away by undeserving owners, aided and abetted by the so called authorities. I know Anderson is a predatory, slimy reptile along with Coco and Mr "Lifelong Rovers fan", but they are all so faceless, unaccountable...and now rich at the expense of my kids, me and generations of Rovers fans.

It took such a long time to build up that fan base too. The phrase "made in Lancashire, destroyed in India" would have been totally unthinkable, as recently as 2010 and now it just rolls off the tongue. The account is depicted as just another hard luck story from which we have to move on.

I can't even bring myself to watch Match of the Day, let alone the cheap and nasty Football League Show. It is not just the relegation. It is the outrageous manner of being taken down.

Sometimes, I read some of the threads on this message board and imagine that someone will collate all the messages of loss and outrage etc and publish them.

What good would it do? Well it would make me feel better that it wasn't all conveniently shut away in a little, disenfranchised, northern backwater....Rant over!

Pretty much sums up my feelings LV.

Whilst all appears quiet on The Western Front, you can't help but think that 1st July beckons.

Makes my blood boil to watch them literally defecate all over Jack Walkers legacy.

We were lucky enough to be given something very special but these incompetents have flushed most of it down the toilet along with our hopes and dreams.

I'm not one to bear grudges but christ I make an exception for these gobshytes! :angry2:

Please enlighten me, what is March 25th?

is that not the last date this season that you can go into administration and not have points deducted for next season only this season.

League rules 12.3.3

Subject to the provisions of Regulation 12.3.4 below, where the Club becomes subject to or suffers an Insolvency Event, or the Board impose a deduction in accordance with Regulation 12.3.2:

(a) during the Normal Playing Season but prior to 5.00pm on the fourth Thursday in March, the points deduction shall apply immediately;

b. during the Normal Playing Season but after 5.00pm on the fourth Thursday in March, Regulation 12.3.4 shall apply; and

c . outside the Normal Playing Season, the points deduction shall apply in respect of the following Season such that the Club starts that Season on minus 10 points (including in the Football Conference if appropriate).

I reckon this time next year would be the time for admin if it's going to come eventually. Didn't they say something in the last accounts about funding for another 18 months ? They'll have been able to have a summer sale then if no promotion is on the horizon, debts still rising, half parachute money, pressure from FFP then surely that's how it will go.

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't sure which thread to put this in but for me the following shows how ridiculous financial fair play is. It is from sky sports:-

"Nottingham Forest have announced losses of £17.1million for the last financial year, meaning the club could struggle to adhere to Financial Fair Play rules this season. When asked about the club's financial situation recently, Reds chairman Fawaz Al Hasawi said that the issue would be addressed in the form of sponsorship deals from several companies in his homeland of Kuwait."

The richest clubs won't bother trying to beat FFP in the courts, they will just buy their way out.

Pretty much sums up my feelings LV.

Whilst all appears quiet on The Western Front, you can't help but think that 1st July beckons.

Meant to ask. I was comfortably assuming this was a ( very apt)Somme metaphor... But is there another date/deadline I should know about?

Until your post, I thought I knew about March and April/May dates re administration and Venky's review etc. I have to admit that my grassy knoll leanings caused me to worry about the timing of the appearance of the new director of communications...i.e. to handle a very bad news day etc. But I don't know what to think anymore....

Archived