BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] NFL 2014 Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm asking to see if anyone wants to help add links etc to my sites . If anyone fancies being an admin please contact me or Noah .

The sites are www.nflnewsdirect.com & www.overseasorangearmy.co.uk

Also adding the link on Facebook and our twitter sites .

• 3 weeks later...

Smart draft night from the Browns. Up and down the board and picked up great quality. Johnny Football is a risk, is he smart enough to make up for his lack of size? But still, smart trades and a good looking secondary with Haden and Gilbert.

Happy with Clinton-Dix, it was a position of need and with Mosley and Shazier both gone was probably the best player available. Packers actually have a secondary full of talent and potential if they can finally stay healthy. Shields, Williams, Hyde, Hayward, Dix and Burnett isn't too shabby.

Would like a WR in round two and a TE in round three.

Clinton-Dix didn't look overjoyed though. Apparently he wanted to go to the Eagles, but it took a long time for him to smile when he was selected.

I have no idea what the Lions are doing. I've heard we still want a receiver after drafting a tight end that primarily plays as a receiving threat. We now have four tight ends and this one is known to be inconsistent, which pairs him perfectly with Brandon Pettigrew, the inconsistent tight end that we just handed a $16m contract. To add to that, we still have holes at DE, OLB, SS and CB.

We were in a tough spot at 10 with the best players available not really filling needs, but I would rather have seen them reach for a linebacker or a safety than take another guy who doesn't really fit. The rest of our draft needs to be amazing.

Happier with the way day 2 went. Van Noy is the kind of rush linebacker we haven't had for years and Swanson will be the successor to Raiola at C.

Still slightly concerned about our secondary because our 4th round picks are compensatory at the end of the round and although there are a few safeties who might become starters, I'm not sure there are many draftable CBs left, the ones that do go now look more like being special teams contributors to me.

Surprised the Browns haven't addressed WR with Josh Gordon looking at a suspension and Nate Burleson breaking his arm.

Archived