BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFCS - The end of an era and the start of a new one

Glenn

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would just like to add my thanks to Glenn and Ste, these 2 have done fantastic job keeping this running, particularly in the last few years. They have had to deal with legal threats, but rather than shutting down the site, they fought back and not only protected members of here but also didn’t allow the bullying tactics of certain people who are no longer associated with the club to shut down the site. At the darkest time, many would have just said bugger it this is not worth the hassle, but Glenn and Ste didn’t and we should be eternally grateful to them. This community has it’s faults, but at heart we all want one thing and that is for Rovers to do well and it remains the only forum that I check on a daily basis regardless of where I am in the world.

They have both with the help of other achieved so much in the last 10 years, they have evolved the site over the years and got involved in so many projects which have benefitted the wider Rovers Community. I would also like to offer my personal thanks to them for allowing me to get involved with the news side of things, really appreciated it.

I have got to know Wen really well over the last few years and they are handing this over to probably the only person who can take this forward. I am sure that he will have loads of different ideas on how to improve what we already have and to innovate for the future, so here’s to another ten years!

As a relative newcomer to the site, I've only ever known times as a poster/member post involvement of the Raos. It becomes infectious, infuriatingly so at times!

Thanks to all that have created this community of ours and I wish you well, it certainly must have been difficult.

I read Glenn's earlier post with much interest and empathy and couldn't help but contemplate that if the Punatics, given the benefit of hindsight, had only had the foresight to listen to them and Battersby and Currie 3 long years ago, then we may not be where we are now.

• Backroom

Thanks and good luck. Hard to believe I've been lurking/posting here for a decade now. Having a place like this to air my views as a Rovers supporter is hugely appreciated, especially when you look at so many other clubs and see how poor/non-existent such forums are for them. We're lucky to have a community and a resource like this available, regardless of any other issues, and I'm grateful for the time and effort put in by all to keep this forum going. Cheers!

I don't know about being the best Rovers Forum, I think BRFCS is one of the BEST FOOTBALL FORUMS on the web. That's down to the Stirling work behind the scenes and many dedicated hours. As when Grooby left it feels like the end of an era. Many thanks and good luck for the future. I'm happy to see Wen taking over. He'll be a safe pair of hands and I'm sure he'll take BRFCS forward.

The traumas of the last few years have probably had a detrimental effect on the site- not because of any issue with the quality of the contributors or the backroom staff, but due to the general waning of the fanbase's enthusiasm. Personally speaking, though I still read everyday, I just haven't been able to muster posting, think a lot of long standing posters have felt the same.

Though reading this thread has made me want to get involved again.

Can't be too sad as I'll still Lord B at Ewood ^_^ , but really looking forward to what Wen has in store.

Cheers for everything lads.

I'd echo the thanks that so many others have written. You're going to have a fair bit of extra time on your hands now Glenn and Ste! You've been a key part of making this site the best place for Rovers discussion and news on the net. Good luck in whatever you get up to, and to retiring Mods too! And of course to Wen who's got some act to follow!

Hope you still find time to come on here and post too.

An enormous thanks to Glenn and Ste and all others involved in making this the great forum it has been and best wishes to those taking it forward. I post very little now compared to a number of years ago but the time and effort that has to go into running, maintaining and improving this type of project shouldn't be underestimated or overlooked!

Archived