BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFCS - The end of an era and the start of a new one

Glenn

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers for all the good work lads, only been posting a few years really but been reading daily since around 1999 and have always enjoyed the site. On another note it's sad how so many good contributors have disappeared.

Shock news! Is it cos BPF is back?

Funny you should say that. Seems like ol' Broken Picture Frame let the cat out of the bag with his recent thread...

Thanks and all the best to Glenn, Ste and possibly even Ricky! (Good luck Tom). Bit of a clean sweep there - have you been asked to leave? :)

Hope all three of you can continue to post from time to time. You've all done a cracking job keeping the site at the top of the tree. :tu:

The traumas of the last few years have probably had a detrimental effect on the site- not because of any issue with the quality of the contributors or the backroom staff, but due to the general waning of the fanbase's enthusiasm. Personally speaking, though I still read everyday, I just haven't been able to muster posting, think a lot of long standing posters have felt the same.

Though reading this thread has made me want to get involved again.

Can't be too sad as I'll still Lord B at Ewood ^_^ , but really looking forward to what Wen has in store.

Cheers for everything lads.

Good to hear you are still lurking.

Mattyblue for mod community manager!

Thanks to Glenn, Ste and Ricky, god knows how many hours you guys have put in over the years, let alone the stress etc...

Wish you all well for the future, and like others hope you have more time to contribute to posting about football.

Good luck also to Wen.

Thanks Glenn, Steb and Ricky, although it's been a roller coaster ride it's been a good 10 years. The site has been a catalist in meeting members from here at games that I wouldnt have normally had contact with.

I'm not in the BBE these days but more than likely we will meet up at some game. (even to change seats with your mrs Glenn)

Good luck to Wen as he takes over

We've always known that. I see three reasons old timers post less now

1. The general feeling around the club. Frankly I've rarely had the motivation to post much in recent years

2. The perception that discussion now become "combative" (though Ste's recent session with the banhammer improved that a lot).

3. A massive increase in mobile interface users. Mobiles make reading easier, but they making posting much harder, so you end up having to really want to post before being bothered to.

Glenn

Well done and thanks for all your hard work Glenn, Ste and Ricky. I rarely post these days other than in the Rugby League and Restaurants threads. I can't really put down my opinions on games because I've all but stopped going with only two home games to my name this season. No others on the horizon either, including the Burnley game. Despite all that, I do come on here daily to catch up with what's happening and to read peoples' views.

We had a great time in Turkey, Rovers fans and Turks alike. The match was almost a byproduct of our trip. In fact I hardly remember anything about the game. It didn't matter because it was all about having a good time with good mates. GAV, HOTSPOT, Tris, Pennyduff, Waggy and many more.This is something BRFCS fostered and solely down to you guys.

Thanks again and enjoy your endless free time now! Oh and good luck to Wen.

According to the site I joined 2003, over eleven years ago, or around 25% of my life! I bought a laptop and got online that summer, and found this site by accident. I was on the Everton site When Skies Are Grey, and was amazed by this online football community all taking about Everton in a way I wanted to talk about Rovers. Someone there suggested this site, and I wasn`t disappointed..

Here`s a photo of my old cat on my old laptop, with an old version of the site running-You can see a topic started by Abbey on it!

gallery_1768_117_276244.jpg

According to the site I joined 2003, over eleven years ago, or around 25% of my life! I bought a laptop and got online that summer, and found this site by accident. I was on the Everton site When Skies Are Grey, and was amazed by this online football community all taking about Everton in a way I wanted to talk about Rovers. Someone there suggested this site, and I wasn`t disappointed..

Here`s a photo of my old cat on my old laptop, with an old version of the site running-You can see a topic started by Abbey on it!

gallery_1768_117_276244.jpg

I don't start threads

A huge round of thanks to Glenn and Steb for all you've done over the years.

I've had plenty of late nights/early mornings following the Rovers via this site, met some fantastic people because of it, drank far too much beer whilst on it.

All the best guys, take care, and post on here when you can.

To Wen, having met you, I'm certain that you can follow in Glenn and Ste's footsteps capably and carry the site to greater heights.

Just wanted to add a big thanks also to Ste & Glenn especially but also the mods and other that made the site what it was. I've made more good friends than I could do justice to list, had more great trips, and tremendous laughs as a result of the meet-ups organised. Honestly struggle to put into words how much it's appreciated. Anyway good luck in whatever you do next even if that's just rest and relax finally and thanks again. :tu:

Many thanks to Steve and Glenn for their brilliant efforts over the past ten years. As we all know the events since Venky's takeover has made it very difficult to run the site, with members arguing amongst themselves due to the evil forces at work.

Whilst I haven't always agreed with Steve and Glenn, they have respected other posters opinions and run a wonderful forum for what EVERYBODY that posts are - ROVERS FANS.

Good luck for the future.

Looking to the future, I'm sure it's in safe hands with WEN, and I wish him all the best.

Finally, I hope that in the next few years Rovers can return to the Premier League and rid itself of its recent and present problems. Then fans can once again be united in supporting our wonderful club.

Thanks very much Glenn & Ste for all your hard work over the years.

The site has been a real inspiration to me having met so many rovers fans from here and consider them now very close friends so thanks for bringing so many members from all walks of life together into one good close-knit community.

It was also a pleasure to meet many members at the sportsman dinner including your good self Glenn without this site I would never have met so many posters who have given me good advice and have been very supportive with regards to my move back to Blackburn.

Glenn & Ste enjoy your retirement and do come back & post when you can & look forward to catching up with you at the rovers.

Finally I hope Tom M does stay on he has also done an amazing job as community manager and is someone who I regularly see in the BBE & someone who has been a really close friend.

Glenn & Ste all the best in your future endeavours. Good luck Wen you have a hard act to follow!

Savio.

p.s. I look forward to catching up with you in the blues bar at a forthcoming game.

Archived