Tom

• Backroom

Rovers have confirmed Alan has joined as director of communications

He was recently at Everton and quite active on twitter always replying to fans

Welcome aboard Alan!

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like another good appointment to the board. Add that to the new finance director and confirmation that Shebby will not be returning, things are looking up on and off the pitch.

The days of us being run by agents or a global advisor are hopefully over forever.

I might be wrong but wasn't Alan Myers the sky sports reporter who rhymed off the reasons why steve kean should not be blamed for relegation when reporting live from Brockhall during the Paul Hunt fiasco?

Edit : quick google search http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/topic/27008-paul-hunt-sacked/page-7 post 126

Wonder if he will be up for a Q and A about sky sports conduct with regards to whats been and not been reported since the takeover and why as North West bureau cheif for Sky Sports News only one side of the story was allowed to be aired publically?

I might be wrong but wasn't Alan Myers the sky sports reporter who rhymed off the reasons why steve kean should not be blamed for relegation when reporting live from Brockhall during the Paul Hunt fiasco?

Wonder if he will be up for a Q and A about sky sports conduct with regards to whats been and not been reported since the takeover and why as North West bureau cheif for Sky Sports News only one side of the story was allowed to be aired publically?

If that's the case he can go and get f###ed then.

I probably feel as much hatred to the bstards who were part of team kean in the press as the three main protagonists themselves.

Edit : quick google search http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/topic/27008-paul-hunt-sacked/page-7 post 126

Is it same bloke ? Disgrace if it is. . More stuff to wind the fans up

He seems well liked by the Scousers - and hope he does very well for us....but if he tries justifying Kean in any way, shape or form then he'll be as welcome as Agnew.

Interesting this. He has a potentially tricky thing to negotiate here. He is going to have to distance himself from the whole Sky collusion thing, maybe including his own report from Brockhall. However, I do think he is savvy enough to say the right things and start to engage the fans.

Also, I assume he has done his research to know just how odious the Sky lie Kean/ Anderson apologism is to Rovers fans.

Well remembered, by the way!

• Backroom

It is the same Alan Myers but can't remember enough about the interview to comment

It's amazing how many outsiders still see Kean as a victim of the owners incompetence I was just discussing it with some Scottish football fans this week

Well remembered, by the way!

The name rang a bell for two reasons, one that was the name of one of Devo's drummers whose now dead , but you never know with Venky's :) , and he also did a few of the transfer day dealines from Brockhall on SkyEm sports and I remember watching the Paul Hunt thing over the web and thinking how much is this costing the Barnet spiv keeping SKy onside, also had a quick look at the time to see if he did any "Agency " work after dinner speaking etc

It is the same Alan Myers but can't remember enough about the interview to comment

It's amazing how many outsiders still see Kean as a victim of the owners incompetence I was just discussing it with some Scottish football fans this week

Funny that, just posted this on the Premier league happenings thread

Amarillo, on 28 Feb 2014 - 7:37 PM, said:snapback.png

Do we all need to watch Man. Utd (or any other team, for that matter) week in, week out to see Moyes is up sh** creek without a paddle? Or perhaps we can formulate an opinion based on results, team selection and transfer history?

We can't see what he is trying to do there

That is what you say if you are a deluded Scott isn't it, applies to Scottish politicians as well

Archived