BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Alan Myers - director of communications

Tom

I just don't think there is an elephant to hide personally.

Each to their own I'm sure some will hold it against him and that's fair enough but I'm not concerned with his thoughts about ex managers just his credentials

This sums up the point perfectly so long as he is qualified to do the job and does a good job here that's all that matters.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't say i recall the broadcast where he defended Kean. But even if it did happen and he did say our downfall wasn't entirely Kean's fault then so what? Is that not correct? I mean Kean was a special type of @#/? for sure and yes he was probably complicit in all the ugly things which riddled the club. But he wasn't solely to blame was he? His puppet master was equally if not more to blame. The Rao's displayed unrivalled levels of stupidity and of course Mr Agnew and Mr Singh played their parts too. As much as i despise Kean he really was just the figurehead of the whole mess.

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your view) Rovers aren't a club which commands media attention and therefore anyone looking in from the outside could be forgiven for seeing the fans baying for Kean's blood as being a tad harsh. Kean trotted out the same garbage week in week out and i can well imagine the neutral fan might actually sympathise with him. On the surface he kept his dignity during it all. New, young manager with foreign coaching experience blah blah blah... You can see why some might have thought he was a bright young talent who represented the future for aspiring British coaches. I honestly believe anyone who took the time to research the club during that fractious period soon realised why Rovers fans were so unhappy. Whether they believed the gossip or not. It wasn't too long before the sympathy for Kean dried up and a few quietly munched on some humble pie. Although it can never be admitted in any quarter, the football world soon realised the man was a wrongun. The fact that Kean ended up in Brunei is all the proof needed in that regard.

Like anyone else, this Alan Myers deserves the chance to show what he can do. I have no idea if he can do a job which will aid our on field fortunes. But imo he starts with a clean slate. What does irk me is the comment he made about the owners tasking him with uniting the club and the fans. I am afraid the appointment of a Communications Director won't be enough to fix that. Its a longer term project now and the owners need to accept the trust can only be built over time and with success. Even then they have lost many who will never return. If this fella is judged on the number of returning fans then he's on a hiding to nothing.

Seems a nice chap and likes talking a lot, hence why most Everton fans love him.

Been following him on Twitter - reason to leave Everton seems a bit strange, loves the club, appeared the dream job for him.

Hope he knows what he's taken on. We might be half the size of Everton but there can't be a club in the land with such a modest sized fanbase that's so splintered into pieces ? Also hope he knows that most Rovers fans won't accept any old flannel !

We need to be fair. If he worked for Sky and they were running a particular line, he would have to follow it, whatever his own inclinations. No room for dissent in any of Murdoch's enterprises.

We should give him a chance now and judge him accordingly. Reassured by Glen's remarks.

You could be right, I suppose, but it is not a defence that would give you any confidence in a man's honesty and integrity...It smells of the" just following orders" stuff that didn't cut any ice in Nuremburg!!

I do know that following his departure from P.N.E., Derek Shaw was a regular

at Everton games - the pne fans (on pneonline)used this fact to highlight

their opinion that he was some sort traitor. I would not be surprised if Shaw

is using his new contacts. Well done Derek.

Yeah in the manner of "come and join me on this cushty little number down the road lads. Half the work, i'll get you more money, the bosses are thousands of miles away and we never hear from them. We are just gonna plod along a couple of days a week till we are told different and there is a good contract to sign. when they get fed up they'll sack us all and a nice little pay off awaits. Don't worry i've sorted the small print so we can tek em to court if need be, it's a no lose boys" .

Alan was very very supportive of the supporters , spoke to him a number of times and he is certainly one of the good guys and a great appointment for the club

Is it just me to find this Strange - a devoted Evertonian and he comes to the misfit of Ewood Park from a relatively settled Goodison :huh:

Also what is the connection with the Toffees - we nicked the guy the other year from them also?

From The Marple Leaf: http://themarpleleaf.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/good-luck-to-rovers-new-signing-alan.html

"I remember him speaking at the 2012 North West Football Awards about the disgraceful treatment of Steve Kean by the Blackburn Rovers fans. Hopefully as his stated aim is to "engage" with the fans, he will have the opportunity to understand recent history a little better."

He could start with:

"Good evening. Before we get into questions, I'd like to begin by apologising unreservedly for the comments I made in the media about the Rovers fans' criticism of Steve Kean. I had been misled/not done my research properly and I swallowed and reproduced the fans as the villains line. What was done to this club was inexcusable-a disgrace- and Kean was a key player. I am so sorry. The owners have asked me to express their own sorrow and regret for...."

....Do you think I could get a job as his speech writer???

Alan Myers will be on BBC Radio Lancashire tomorrow night answering questions between 6pm to 7pm.

any questions you want to ask him send them to lancashiresport@bbc.co.uk or andy.bayes@bbc.co.uk

Whats this guy got to do with performances and results on the pitch.

I see everybody being OVER NEGATIVE about Alan Myers already.

bloody pathetic.

could have at least give him a chance. BUT yet again let be negative!!!

I think Glen Mullan has already Alan was good to the action group during the protests and meetings of the Action Group.

plus Kamy and Glen Mullan have already said this is good appointment by Rovers. I would rather listened to people opinions who have ACTUALLY had dealings with him then most people on this messageboard who have had ZERO dealings with Alan..

he doesnt remeber saying anything :rock:

The Arsene Wenger of Communications: "I did not see it"

I see everybody being OVER NEGATIVE about Alan Myers already.

bloody pathetic.

could have at least give him a chance. BUT yet again let be negative!!!

I would rather listened to people opinions who have ACTUALLY had dealings with him then most people on this messageboard who have had ZERO dealings with Alan..

Log out then.

Archived