BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Season

No chance that anyone will take Best, theres no point paying him to go elsewhere, he's doing well at Sheffield Wednesday, get him back in the squad unless someone will take his whole wage which won't happen.

No one will take DJ, even on loan probably after whats happened, if we can't sack him then we are stuck with him.

No one will take Etuhu either.

Not sure why you want O'Sullivan back, a player who has spent the season at Southport is hardly going to push us towards the Premier League.

You also mention maybe replacing Robinson and also getting in Keane again, I don't understand either. Yes Keane is decent but we are crying out for leadership, Robbo is our only leader, there is no mental strength in this team, we need a leader at centre back.

I'd have a squad of:

Robinson, Kean

New LB, New RB, Lowe, Spurr

New experienced centre back to be captain, maybe Hudson, Hanley, Kilgallon

Evans, Cairney, New experienced midfielder who can pass the ball, Williamson, Etuhu

Conway, King, Marshall, Judge, Dunn, either Rochina or a new right winger.

Rhodes, Gestede, Best (may aswell use him)

Under a new manager

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If his tactics worry you now and you think he can't change a game do you honestly think he will have improved sufficiently come August? That is the real worry for me. There is far more evidence this season to prove he isn't learning than otherwise.

I do get the impression that your support of Bowyer is wavering since the Sheffield game.

That was a tough one to take. It was the inevitability of their come-back as bowyer just watched on. Yeovil was just as bad though - setting up the same as he would do in a tricky away tie.

I think as well as the need for him to get tactically smarter he also needs to start looking at himself a bit more rather than having a go at players and fans. As others have mentioned in comparisons to pardew.

I don't think bowyer is the finished article. My comment about his 'love' for the club may well have been an overstatement - my point was that he has been at the club a long time, has an understanding of it, things like his focus on bringing in young players who will improve and have value shows an appreciation of how the club needs to function as a business, and I have more patience with someone like that than I would do with a journeyman like mccarthy.

My opinion would be backing him for next season.

Football chants are pretty generic aren't they. Just the same old same old "tunes" used by pretty much every club. Yawn!

Over the summer I suggest a few "Rovers football choir" get togethers.

A re-working of this one will definitely be needed:

Let's be honest. If the current set-up remains (and the chicken police on stadium guard) we're gonna need some extra entertainment..

Archived