BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Season

Ritchie is a winger not a centre midfielder..

Clayton is a v.good player I totally.agree. but will Huddersfield sell? IMO, Would cost far too much sadly.

bigger question is what the budget for Transfers and wages???

IMO, Transfer budget very small.

IMO, maybe use the transfer budget for free transfers for 4 or 5 signings on low wages around 12k.per person.

From what I've seen this season he's been playing a little more centrally. A lot of Bournemouth fans think he'd be better behind Grabban.

Clayton would be worth the money though, I recon we could get him for 1.5 with add ons... He and Cairney would own the Championship.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually think next season will provide a genuine chance for promotion. We have to keep key players and get rid of deadwood like Best, DJ and Etuhu.

We need a new centre half to replace Dann and to promote O`Connell to the first team squad. Robbo will go so we'll need a new GK. I'd sign Todd Kane permanently. That would leave a defensive squad of:

Kean, Eastwood, New GK

Henley, Kane, Kilgallon, Hanley, O`Connell, new cd, Spurr. Kilgallon could cover lb of Spurr is injured.

In midfield, we need to get rid of Williamson, Etuhu, Marrow, Judge, Olsson. Don't think we'll keep Dabo and probably not Feeney either unless he impresses. We need a new pacy winger and a holding midfielder. That would leave midfield option of:

Lowe, Evans, Cairney,Taylor, New pacy winger, King, new holding midfielder, Conway, Marshall.

Up top, we need rid of Best, DJ, Rochina. We need to keep Rhodes and we'll prob sign Varney permanently. We'll need a new striker as well. That would give us the following striking options:

Rhodes, Gestede, Varney, Dunn and new striker.

We need rid of the portugeezers as well. As well as O`Connell, the following youngsters could be on the fringes of the first team next season:

Rittenburg, O`Sullivan, O`Connor, Mahoney, Forrester.

we'll prob sign Varney permanently.

You think? I'm not so sure. Not played that much for us so far, surely you want your squad to be full of players good enough to gain promotion (e.g. Cardiff)... I don't think Varney fits in that bracket.

I actually think next season will provide a genuine chance for promotion. We have to keep key players and get rid of deadwood like Best, DJ and Etuhu.

We need a new centre half to replace Dann and to promote O`Connell to the first team squad. Robbo will go so we'll need a new GK. I'd sign Todd Kane permanently. That would leave a defensive squad of:

Kean, Eastwood, New GK

Henley, Kane, Kilgallon, Hanley, O`Connell, new cd, Spurr. Kilgallon could cover lb of Spurr is injured.

In midfield, we need to get rid of Williamson, Etuhu, Marrow, Judge, Olsson. Don't think we'll keep Dabo and probably not Feeney either unless he impresses. We need a new pacy winger and a holding midfielder. That would leave midfield option of:

Lowe, Evans, Cairney,Taylor, New pacy winger, King, new holding midfielder, Conway, Marshall.

Up top, we need rid of Best, DJ, Rochina. We need to keep Rhodes and we'll prob sign Varney permanently. We'll need a new striker as well. That would give us the following striking options:

Rhodes, Gestede, Varney, Dunn and new striker.

We need rid of the portugeezers as well. As well as O`Connell, the following youngsters could be on the fringes of the first team next season:

Rittenburg, O`Sullivan, O`Connor, Mahoney, Forrester.

So you fancy promotion but want at least 15 players out ?

• Backroom

Sign players that would actually improve the team and not a million average squad fillers

Lowe is far better at right back than he is in midfield he'd possibly be my first choice there but about my 5th in midfield

I do not like criticising home grown players .Just cannot see Lowe cutting it at any level above League 1...

Fair enough, that's why my point is I'd sell him whilst he has some value.

People talking about our injury crisis, is this not the fault of the manager and his methods?

Just before Souness left we had a terrible injury problem. In came Hughes and his team and cleaned out the treatment room.

Even Roque Santa Cruz, well known for being injury-prone, was kept fit for the season.

• Backroom

I would say in theory the manager needs another full season

He's been allowed to bring in 18 players you have to see how that settles over the summer it's pointless having a total upheaval as that's another transition season then

I would say he could do with some solid tactical help in the form of an assistant or similar though

Disclaimer - I reserve the right to totally change this opinion with no warning week on week

I would say in theory the manager needs another full season

He's been allowed to bring in 18 players you have to see how that settles over the summer it's pointless having a total upheaval as that's another transition season then

I would say he could do with some solid tactical help in the form of an assistant or similar though

Disclaimer - I reserve the right to totally change this opinion with no warning week on week

Agreed - would like to see him bring in an experienced (from a higher level) assistant.

Love your disclaimer :lol:

I would say Rhodes will be sold, meaning our only goal scoring threat gone, probably a bottom half finish, chaddy telling us that bowyer is doing a good job with limited resources and that venkys are fully committed, bowyer sacked by Christmas (should be earlier), and another season of turmoil behind the scenes

I don't suppose any of us could accurately second guess Venkys but based on THIS season the club is undoubtedly on the up IMO.

Massive overhaul of players and more importantly egos..reduced wage bill in line with FFP and improved performances on the pitch. Stability is the key and with Bowyer and his young hungry team along with solid additions such as Myers I can only see this as positive progression.

Are we going up this season? Most probably not.

Would I want us to go up for anything other than financial reasons? Probably not as to put it simply, we would probably be crushed!

Do I believe that the group of players GB is putting together can click and achieve promotion? Yes I do, I really do think when this team finally settles that the likes of Robbo, Hanley, Spurr, Cairney, Evans, Marshall, Rhodes, Gestede and Varney can get us out of this league given stability and platform to play..

I'm not sure we'll sell Rhodes mainly because I don't think anyone with the money for him wants him...the talk of a new contract only strengthens my belief in this.

I'm optimistic about next season...GB obviously struggles tactically at times but he is calming, stable and quietly strong. IMO his transfer business has been nothing short of miraculous overall in reducing the wage bill and adding the quality that he has.

Bring.It.On!!

• Moderation Lead

Will there be one? Hopefully it doesn't contain Bowyer. Not good enough and too negative for too long.

This balls about him not being Appleton, Berg or Kean just does not wash. Like I said before, if he wants the pressure of a 'play-off push' which by the way was extinguished last weekend, and emphasised emphatically today then he needs to show more, if not, thanks and goodbye.

As long as Venkys are here, there is 0 point in making any plans or building any hopes. It was the exact same case at the beginning of this season, but most people seemed to ignore that. You can't cure cancer with aspirin.

Archived