BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

They scored a late fluke against a Yeovil side that due to the fact they need to win to stay up went for it a left more gaps at the back than they did against us.

Whereas we didn't score any kind of goal - or trouble their keeper much at all

So if they were going forward more wouldn't that be more reason to 'protect the point'

Whatever way you put it bowyer had a stinker on what could have been a pivotal day

So apart from a flukey goal, and then a second when they forced Yeovil to attack is bad practice? Im confused.

I'm merely pointing out that Bucks Rover the different situation between our game v Yeovil and the game Brighton had tonight, interms of how Yeovil had to play. And Brighton did not really throw caution to the wind they brought on Lua Lua a quick winger like we did against Yeovil in King and young midfielder who isn't as good as Dunny the other player that we brought on. The only difference between that game tonight was that Brighton put a poor cross into the box and it some how went in. It was nothing to do with some tactical innovation by Garcia, he did do anything different to Bowyer did in similar circumstances he and his team just had some luck.

1. I ain't your pal

2.. Don't pretend you know what I think

3. Commenting on something you didn't hear .. Er ok ?

4. Your own eyes over what Robbo said ? You should of gone to spec savers

20/20 vision pal.

http://www.blackburn.vitalfootball.co.uk/stats.asp?a=356538

21 attempts at goal in 90 minutes is negative football attempting to conserve a point.

I'm merely pointing out that Bucks Rover the different situation between our game v Yeovil and the game Brighton had tonight, interms of how Yeovil had to play. And Brighton did not really throw caution to the wind they brought on Lua Lua a quick winger like we did against Yeovil in King and young midfielder who isn't as good as Dunny the other player that we brought on. The only difference between that game tonight was that Brighton put a poor cross into the box and it some how went in. It was nothing to do with some tactical innovation by Garcia, he did do anything different to Bowyer did in similar circumstances he and his team just had some luck.

Do you think Garcia would have told his players to hold on for a point when they needed a win against the bottom team at home?

Yeovils situation was pretty similar against us surely? They've needed snookers for several weeks now. Given their gd you could well argue they had little to play for tonight?

Yet it clearly was

That's the beauty of subjective opinion. Doesn't make me a WUM saying I thought we under performed due to 3/4 players putting in lacklustre performances. Still statistically controlled the game based on evidence though.

That's the beauty of subjective opinion. Doesn't make me a WUM saying I thought we under performed due to 3/4 players putting in lacklustre performances. Still statistically controlled the game based on evidence though.

Toms quoting a player, your using opinion though, that the difference.

I think Bowyer only instructed the team to protect the point at the very end of the game. Robinson said at the very end of the game, he didn't say the entire game.

So it was negative, for what, 10 minutes? Is that enough to warrant a sacking?

I mean, if it's the 80th minute, and Yeovil just threw 2 strikers on, would you throw all caution to the wind and press on, only to concede a sucker-punching 90th minute or extra time goal and lose the game? That was what happened in Sheffield Wednesday. The players were so eager to score a 4th goal that Sheffield Wednesday capitalized on our over-aggression and scored their freaking equalizer in extra time. If I were Bowyer, I would not want that to repeat itself. I would want to play safe and make sure we get 1 point rather than get sucker-punched in the dying minutes of the game - the same exact thing that happened in the last game before this.

It might be negative, but if you put into context the Sheffield Wednesday game, maybe it might make more sense.

I think Bowyer only instructed the team to protect the point at the very end of the game. Robinson said at the very end of the game, he didn't say the entire game.

I mean, if it's the 80th minute, and Yeovil just threw 2 strikers on, would you throw all caution to the wind and press on, only to concede a sucker-punching 90th minute or extra time goal and lose the game? That was what happened in Sheffield Wednesday. The players were so eager to score a 4th goal that Sheffield Wednesday capitalized on our over-aggression and scored their freaking equalizer in extra time. If I were Bowyer, I would not want that to repeat itself. I would want to play safe and make sure we get 1 point rather than get sucker-punched in the dying minutes of the game - the same exact thing that happened in the last game before this.

It might be negative, but if you put into context the Sheffield Wednesday game, maybe it might make more sense.

It's indicative of the managers approach. How many of the top teams get late goals and keep trying until the end?

Not Bowyer, he's happy to shut up shop and settle for a point at home to Yeovil - they'll be queuing round the block for season tickets in the summer.

Settling for a point when he knew how tight things were for the last play off place against the bottom team is crass stupidity. And we weren't going for a fourth at Sheffield, we were deep and playing on the break. At 16.50 tonight I believe we will all rue these decisions.

It seems to me that some are so defensive of GB, that he can do no wrong. Surely even if you think he's the right person, you can accept he did the wrong thing?

What was he actually protecting? A top 10 finish? The fear of a defeat? I think people would have been more willing to see us really going for it, and running the risk of a defeat, rather than being defensive, it was a cup game in that effect, nothing to lose.

Bottom line is that the 2 points not gained from the Yeovil game were/are more important than the 1 point gained.

Robbo and Bowyer's post Yeovil interviews - both on Rovers Player - both go to lengths to 'big-up'' the opposition to justify the result and make it a 1 point 'gained' big deal. There were 3 points on offer that day and we just did not go for it. For whatever reason.

Toms quoting a player, your using opinion though, that the difference.

No offence intended, and this may come across as childish but if he told us to jump off a cliff would you do it?

.. And on that point, why would we take everything a player says as true, but then question what the manager says?

I personally would rather make my own judgements.

I personally would rather make my own judgements.

You're entitled to your own subjective opinion, but Robbo's revelation backs up what many at the game reported: a team lacking urgency or desire in what was supposedly a must-win game against the league's bottom side. A team that seemed perfectly content to consolidate a point. Not to mention Bowyer's rather self-satisfied post-match musing that it could be a "good point", when in actuality it was more vital ground lost in the so-called "promotion push".

It's got nothing to do with backing the manager it's all down to opening my eyes and watching the game. Certainly fizzled out and I'm not disputing that we didn't throw the full kitchen sink at them in the last 5. I already stated that Robbo was stopped from going forward for the last corner and that by definition is not going all out.

That said, bringing Dunn and King on was attacking. There also was a large period of the first half where we couldn't get the ball into anyone's feet so I'd suggest a large chunk of those 21 attempts came in the second half.

The games before and one since has shown us hitting the target much more often and weirdly we scored a bucket full.

Perhaps the negative atmosphere took confidence away from us in front of goal?

"Speaking with a refreshing sense if vitality and desire, in contrast to the dour pragmatism and caution... which ultimately proved his undoing" [of Giggs following Moyes at United]

Wonder if this will be written about Bowyer's potential replacement next season, temporary or otherwise? Personally I'd move Boywer into a scouting role now but, failing that, GB needs to hit the ground running next season. He has put together a decent young team but he needs to show that he has learnt how to use them appropriately when it matters.

21 shots ? The first save came on 86 mins .and now it's the fans fault .

Your mate said your only aim on here is to wind folk up Your not doing that you just mzle yourself look like numpty dumpty .

I've seen the post in admin no doubt what he says is true in one aspect, as Khod is no liar. Since I have known him 10+ years I'd like to think he knows I know the difference between taking the @#/? with the lads on the lash, and talking about my views on a sport I very much love.

Where Blackburn Rovers are concerned at present I find no humour. It's hard work being a season ticket holder, and as they say opinions are like ****holes.

I need to change my sig to a Roy Walker quote.

"Speaking with a refreshing sense if vitality and desire, in contrast to the dour pragmatism and caution... which ultimately proved his undoing" [of Giggs following Moyes at United]

Wonder if this will be written about Bowyer's potential replacement next season, temporary or otherwise? Personally I'd move Boywer into a scouting role now but, failing that, GB needs to hit the ground running next season. He has put together a decent young team but he needs to show that he has learnt how to use them appropriately when it matters.

Although I was deeply critical of Bowyer after the Yeovil game, and will continue to play the "experience over youth" tune, I can't help thinking a more realistic compromise under the current incumbent would be to revamp the backroom staff in the summer. He should look at finding a Bad Cop to his Good, someone tactically savvy who can complement Bowyer's lack of tactical awareness. And also a certain Scottish Fitness Guru to whip the players into shape.

• Backroom

Of the 21 shots against Yeovil I can't remember many great chances but I do remember a lot of pot shots from distance that didn't come close to troubling the keeper

Yeovil were sat back for the most part and happy to let us do that

Archived