BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Or Sack?

Guest Wen Y Hu

Back Or Sack  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer continue as manager of Blackburn Rovers?

• No, he should be sacked immediately.
    • Yes, but replace him at the end of the season.
    • Yes, but give him to the end of the season and then review his position.
    • Yes, he should receive full backing to manage next season.
    • I'm not sure.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just think some people have shorter memories than others, Abs.

Trouble is, until Venkys cluck off we are going to be more reliant on the goldfish than the elephants.

Don't think it's short memories stu . I would say

It's more of the word fickle. Next season if we are top half it's hail our hero venkys if were near the bottom it's venkys out .

I would hate them and never forgive them until I draw my last breath .

If Ewood had emptied during the height of the Kean protests, we might have highlighted the problem much better. A couple of hundred leaving wouldn't have made much of an impact.

I will be keeping an eye on the Newcastle game with interest.

P.S. I would take Pardew in a heartbeat.

Guest Norbert

I was not expecting to be so close to the play offs after the madness of last season. If he can be a bit better with his tactics and his subs, and if we can keep the wolves from the door in terms of finance, we could get in the play offs.

I have my issues with him but over all he's done a very good job. At times it could/should have been better but others he's probably overachieved a bit, especially some of the signings. He needs to start next season just as we've finished this if we keep the squad, he's shown what we can do. Concentrate on strengthening the back four if poss, lose the weakness of finding a place for his favs and use horses for courses. No messing about or excuses at the start of next season Gaz, just get at it and stay at it !

• Backroom

He would have my full backing to have another go at it he's earnt that

I would still be brutal and say if we are dropping too far from the herd we will need to change it though

Ultimately there has been progress this season and long may that continue

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2619377/Gary-Bowyer-set-talks-Venkys-steadying-ship-Ewood-Park.html

Other clubs interested in Bowyer according to this. Not surprising, he's done an excellent job

Wouldn't be the first time an agent creates some interest in the press when their client wants a new contract. He will be asking for a multi-year contract, but if Venky's have any sense keep the 12 month rolling contract in place.

Guest Norbert

I know I have vacillated between sack and give him another season, but I think we have to hope he can sort the defence and the finances don't fall to bits.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2619377/Gary-Bowyer-set-talks-Venkys-steadying-ship-Ewood-Park.html

Other clubs interested in Bowyer according to this. Not surprising, he's done an excellent job

It's the mail and it'll be planted. If he was an sem/kentaro boy then Nicko would be all over it in the Mirror :)

Have to back bowyer for next season.

Done brilliantly in the transfer market, as well as creating a much more positive vibe about the place.

Pity the season ends now, I think we're currently one of the form teams.

I selected "Give him until the end of the season" in the poll, and now that we're here I feel that he has to stay. We've improved all throughout the season. Mid-season signings (Conway, Gestede, Keane) have improved us a lot, a whole season with them (the first two anyway) would've had us in the playoffs. Tactically naive at times, we struggle to hold onto leads, but we finished a couple points outside the playoffs with a rookie manager, with a huge squad turnaround, with a season where it took us a long time to find a settled XI and even formation/philosophy, and with a young squad. If there's no fire sale, we will do even better next season. The word "stability" has become something that some people on here use in a derogatory fashion, but they fail to see, even after last season's 5 managers, that you need some sort of continuity. One manager one year bringing in players according to his philosophy, the next manager next year discarding them and bringing in his own etc. Basically, we've improved a lot from last season, I see no reason to discard the man in charge for the small chance that his replacement might improve us even faster, seeing as how the replacement might halt all that improvement.

Venky's were lucky enough to stumble upon someone who could steady and then turn around the ship within our own ranks. I don't see them getting that lucky again, and we know that absent luck they don't get many things right...

It's really hard to say whether Bowyer has really learned. Injuries/suspensions have meant that he has had to play an attacking formation on occasions and certainly during this unbeaten run. That has led to some good results, some momentum and a winning habit in the minds of the players.

However, I remain to be convinced that he now knows what is needed to get us into the play-offs (minimum). He certainly does not deserve sacking, and it would be stupid to say he does, but I am very cautious about our chances.

The first half today was brilliant but, hand on heart, I don't think we will see that style too often next season.

My gut feeling is that this season was our big chance because it's going to get much, much harder next season. With the parachutes cut in half, can we hang on to this squad? Will Venkys continue to hand spending money to Best and Etuhu despite them not playing, and unlikely to take a pay cut to leave?

Sack Bowyer? Not for me, but it's probably too late to bother anyway.

• Backroom

You are right in that in many games before this run we have been conservative and played not to lose rather than playing to win and only recently have really gone for it when there was no other option.

The last few games should show him that if we go at teams we will beat them, being brave will get us far IMO

Some posters have shorter memories than goldfish.

Bowyer has done more than enough to be keep the job.

Obviously that won't guarantee promotion but let's hope he carries the good form into next season, as there's nowt to fear!

Some posters have shorter memories than goldfish.

Bowyer has done more than enough to be keep the job.

If you look up irony in the dictionary you will see this post.

Guest Wen Y Hu

End of the season and end of the vote. It is now saved for posterity as, unfortunately, the only way the forum software allows the poll to end is by closing the thread.

Many thanks to all for the votes and even more thanks for the two thousand and odd comments.

Archived