BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn's Prospective new MP

Might have known it would happen in Blackburn but surely in Bastwell there was no need to cheat.

There was a backlash against Straw the then Foreign Secretary and the Labour party in general for their participation in the war on Terror and the local elections that year was the first chance for the locals to express their views. The Blackburn Labour party were exceptionally worried at the time hence lots of promises made in certain areas to get the leaders of those communities on side .

Bastwell was the only area to go to court but from memory the initial investigation also included 3 other wards with an unusual large number of requests for postal votes.

TJ.= Of course It's not just Blackburn that's why I posted the link to the Parliament.uk doc .

I am personally against the idea of postal votes except in certain circumstances (and a large degree of security checks to be eligible) ,like the elderly, medical reasons etc as the UK system is far to easy to manipulate.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea sorry, my last post was mainly aimed at drog and his like minded merry men.

So you obviously condone electoral vote rigging. As you exhibit left wing tendencies i can only say I am not surprised. Not many left wing regimes are bastions of democracy are there?

"Power to the people"?... Not.

• Backroom

What do people think of the current debates between Ckegg and Farage? I think it's proven very interesting and I'm of the view that Farage seems the better in terms of being a leader and putting his view forward, while Clegg still seems to be spineless and naive.

Wouldn't vote for either tbh, but Farage seems the lesser of these 2 evils (not what I expected to be saying).

I haven't heard much of the arguments but I know that I am heartily sick of the constant interference in the British way of life from Brussels and want out of the EU. I voted for a common market with the relaxation of trade barriers. Just that and nothing more and so did the rest of the voters. That was the way it was represented not this United States of Europe that it is becoming. If we are going to have a united states I would much rather throw in my lot with America who think much more like us and speak in a language that we can understand. I will never become part of a nation that includes French and Germans.

It seems therefore that I very much agree with UKIP or at least with the aims that they present.

UKIP doesnt represent anything. They don't stand for anything of substance. They don't offer any policy innovation. They are anti-political and completely unelectable. Come the election cycle they will drive debate and prove popular on the road, but they won't make any gains.

Sure they will mop up some old, home county Tory voters, and the immigration protest votes, but that wont win them anything. All they will do is split the Tory vote thus swinging a few seats in favour of Labour. UKIP will continue to be an election footnote.

What the BBC is doing giving Nigel Farage 60 mins of one on one debate time with the Deputy PM, I'll never know.

UKIP doesnt represent anything. They don't stand for anything of substance. They don't offer any policy innovation. They are anti-political and completely unelectable. Come the election cycle they will drive debate and prove popular on the road, but they won't make any gains.

Sure they will mop up some old, home county Tory voters, and the immigration protest votes, but that wont win them anything. All they will do is split the Tory vote thus swinging a few seats in favour of Labour. UKIP will continue to be an election footnote.

What the BBC is doing giving Nigel Farage 60 mins of one on one debate time with the Deputy PM, I'll never know.

Expert on British politics from South Korea are you?

Al, have you thought that he could be English?

He may well be English, he could also be British,

what is certain is, he never voted for a non elected European government to have power over European national governments,

he may have voted for a European common market though.

All true and his message is straight out of Little England but in his odd blustering way Farage demands attention. However those thinking of voting for Ukip had better reflect on the fact that his policies would cut the income tax and national insurance contributions of John Terry by £1.5 million a year. If you think John Terry deserves it, vote Farage.

Mate rang and said put radio lancs on on way home ... 1750ish .

Apperently there's a school in Blackburn and it's changed faith . This woman came on carrying on about it should have been turned into a Muslim school as most of the locals are Muslims and NOT English. !!!

How does that work love ?

Mate rang and said put radio lancs on on way home ... 1750ish .

Apperently there's a school in Blackburn and it's changed faith . This woman came on carrying on about it should have been turned into a Muslim school as most of the locals are Muslims and NOT English. !!!

How does that work love ?

Sad sign of the times Abs. I've been driven out of Blackburn. It no longer belongs to the English.

I was talking about wilpshire blue. Has a very similar posting style, views and IP address to a fairly recently banned user.

Maybe he should just "come out" so people know who they are debating with, again.

Yes understood. That's who I was talking about too but I must say I haven't spotted the banned user yet.

All true and his message is straight out of Little England but in his odd blustering way Farage demands attention. However those thinking of voting for Ukip had better reflect on the fact that his policies would cut the income tax and national insurance contributions of John Terry by £1.5 million a year. If you think John Terry deserves it, vote Farage.

Is that in their manifesto! bit strange targeting one footballer

Sad sign of the times Abs. I've been driven out of Blackburn. It no longer belongs to the English.

Yes understood. That's who I was talking about too but I must say I haven't spotted the banned user yet.

can I ask which utopia you are now living in?

• Backroom

Actually ultra, you'll find that UKIP are actually (if you believe the relevant polls) taking the traditional Labour votes and the occasional LibDem votes rather than Tory.

I believe I'm too young (not enough experience of a 'real' working life or providing for a family) to truly understand the effects of politics on our lives. But I reckon we could end up with Tory/Ukip coalition next time round.

Actually ultra, you'll find that UKIP are actually (if you believe the relevant polls) taking the traditional Labour votes and the occasional LibDem votes rather than Tory.

I believe I'm too young (not enough experience of a 'real' working life or providing for a family) to truly understand the effects of politics on our lives. But I reckon we could end up with Tory/Ukip coalition next time round.

Highly unlikely. Athough Ukip may do well in the Euro elections next month voters won't trust them in a general election. Tories are running scared over the threat from Ukip which is why Cameron has bowed to his more rabid backbenchers and committed to a referendum. Europe, as always, is the Tories' Achilles heel. Labour may lose some votes to Ukip but how much appeal does a pipe-smoking southerner who advocates cutting taxes for the rich have in the North? Labour will also be boosted by returning voters disillusioned with the LibDems.

• Backroom

Frankly, as long as the LibDems get nowt I'll be happy. Clegg on these debates has done nothing more than try to shout down Farage in the 'I love modern Britain' stakes. Farage (while also contemptible) at least appears to have a principle to his politics.

As has been pointed out, however: So did Hitler.

Also noted that Cameron said BOTH Farage and Clegg are wrong about the EU. Given that it's about In vs Out, how does that work? I'd like him and Miliband to add their tuppence to this.

If they are polling well with Labour voters then that says a lot more about the leadership vacuum in the Labour Party and disenchantment from their base, rather than potential votes for UKIP. Really, it's bad news for both of them. UKIP would much rather be polling well in the Tory heartland.

And yes I'm English. Started going to see Rovers when I was 8. Season ticket holder from 1992 to 2006. I studied Politcs and Business at Nottingham and Sheffield Unis. And I've voted in every election local and national since I was 18.

Do I qualify for an opinion Al?

Archived