BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Remaining Fixtures...

Any play off dreams end with the next two games..that's our lot.

Our play off dream ended with the draw to Sheff Weds and loss to Brum at Christmas IMO SG, it was obvious at that point that the current side and manager just didn't have what it takes to make the play offs.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our play off dream ended with the draw to Sheff Weds and loss to Brum at Christmas IMO SG, it was obvious at that point that the current side and manager just didn't have what it takes to make the play offs.

Jeez Gav, I didn't give up hope until after the Reebok shambles

Couldn't agree more especially Brum, 3 nil down at half-time to a struggling team, you just knew we were never going to be able to do it.

• Backroom

But how many times this season have we been 4 points or so away then fail to push on, we go on a decent run then capitulate, no backbone.

I fancy us to beat QPR though they are woeful, like us at the start of last season picked up results due to teams fearing the opposition and beating themselves.

• Moderation Lead

1-0 to the optimists

If Reading lose at Bournemouth on Tuesday and we beat QPR this sh*t is gonna get real.

Perhaps for Bournemouth....

I'm only half-serious but you just never know. Reading have a tough run-in and we're only 2 points behing the rest. Agree though, we've not been consistent enough this season.

Don't agree with the lack of backbone comment, our last few results show the team is becoming more resilient. It takes time to reverse the losing mentality of the last few years.

1-0 to the optimists

If Reading lose at Bournemouth on Tuesday and we beat QPR this sh*t is gonna get real.

Burnley play Reading on the final day of the season. They'll be promoted long before then and will love rolling over to give Reading the 3 points should we be anywhere near 6th.

It's getting rather interesting. Just hope we get something at Sheff W:-

Reading:- Leicester (h) Wigan (a) Boro (h) Donny (a) B*rnl*y (h) 63pts

Brighton:- Charlton(h) H'field (a) B'Pool (h) Yeovil (h) Forest (a) 61pts

Ipswich:- Donny (h) Watford (a) B'mth (h) B*rnl*y (a) Sheff W (h) 61pts

B'mouth:- Yeovil (a) Sheff W (h) Ipswich (a) Forest (h) Millwall (a) 61pts

Forest:- QPR (a) Brum (h) Leeds (a) B'mouth (a) Brighton (h) 59pts

Rovers:- Sheff W(a) Yeovil (h) Brum (a) Charlton (a) Wigan (h) 59pts

Despite our amazing run, we are at the bottom of the 6-team tree, and we only have Wigan of those above to play, and they are not in our mini-league.....simple fact it is out of our hands, and all we can do is win the last 5.....very unlikely imo

Despite our amazing run, we are at the bottom of the 6-team tree, and we only have Wigan of those above to play, and they are not in our mini-league.....simple fact it is out of our hands, and all we can do is win the last 5.....very unlikely imo

some of the teams above us have to play each other though. Brighton look to have the easiest run-in.

I just hope Wigan go into freefall and we can get to within 2 points of them by the last game of the season. Very unlikely, but it would be fun to pay them back for 2 years ago.

Too hard to predict obviously, anything can happen in this weirdo league. Ours and Brighton's look the easiest on paper but that essentially means very little.

I think if we win at least 4 then we might just make it. Massive ask I know.

The rest all play each other a few times so some draws will do us nicely.

Watford are on joint points with us if they win their game in hand by the way. They've probably got a better goal difference as well.

You could add Watford to that as well as if they win their game in hand they go to 59 as well. Looking at those run ins though I'd make Brighton favourites. Our run isn't not bad but I think that we have just given ourselves a little bit too much to do. Bournemouth are certainly the form horse, which surprises me having seen them twice against us this season as they were very poor at their place and it was probably our easiest game of the season and it was a poor game between two at Ewood with everyone down due to the Sunday result and they only scraped the win then.

We should probably also be looking at Wigan. They have the FA cup semi finals coming up which will be a distraction. If we can get within 3 points of them come the last day of the season it could get interesting.

Burnley play Reading on the final day of the season. They'll be promoted long before then and will love rolling over to give Reading the 3 points should we be anywhere near 6th.

I would settle for us still having a chance come the final game to be honest. I don't believe that they would roll over at Reading either. Some of the fane would like that, but the players and manager would never do it. A bit like Liverpool fans being happy to lose to lose to us on the last day in 1995, What the fans wanted and what the team did, were different!

Archived