BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Remaining Fixtures...

One game at a time for me, too many fixtures where we should have got the 3 points and didn't and I fully expect the remaining fixtures to contain games where we fall just short again...

yeah left it too late. could have been consolidated in the playoffs with a meaner defence.

would love us to sneak in, it would be brilliant for the fans but I think its too late...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still only 4 behind with 4 to play, only a lily-livered big girl's blouse would give up now:-

Wigan:- Reading (h) B*rnle*y (a) Blackpool (h) Brum (a) Rovers (a) 67pts

Reading:- Wigan (a) Boro (h) Donny (a) B*rnl*y (h) 64pts

Brighton:- H'field (a) B'Pool (h) Yeovil (h) Forest (a) 64pts

Ipswich:- Watford (a) B'mth (h) B*rnl*y (a) Sheff W (h) 64pts

B'mouth:- Sheff W (h) Ipswich (a) Forest (h) Millwall (a) 62pts

Rovers:- Yeovil (h) Brum (a) Charlton (a) Wigan (h) 60 pts

Forest:- Brum (h) Leeds (a) B'mouth (a) Brighton (h) 59pts

Well we still got a chance

, Reading needs to lose against wighan and burnley

Brighton needs to lose against blackpool and nottingham

Ipswich needs to lose against burnley or watford

Bournemoth needs to lose against ipswich

And watford needs fo draw somewhere

And even then we have to win all ours games , which is possible

Forest surely can't remain as bad as they have been for the last 12 games. They play Bournemouth and Brighton. If they can take points off both things could get interesting.

However I think dropping the 2 points on Saturday will be the final nail in the coffin. Can't see us making up the points on all of the teams, it's just too much to ask.

Still only 4 behind with 4 to play, only a lily-livered big girl's blouse would give up now:-

Wigan:- Reading (h) B*rnle*y (a) Blackpool (h) Brum (a) Rovers (a) 67pts

Reading:- Wigan (a) Boro (h) Donny (a) B*rnl*y (h) 64pts

Brighton:- H'field (a) B'Pool (h) Yeovil (h) Forest (a) 64pts

Ipswich:- Watford (a) B'mth (h) B*rnl*y (a) Sheff W (h) 64pts

B'mouth:- Sheff W (h) Ipswich (a) Forest (h) Millwall (a) 62pts

Rovers:- Yeovil (h) Brum (a) Charlton (a) Wigan (h) 60 pts

Forest:- Brum (h) Leeds (a) B'mouth (a) Brighton (h) 59pts

Looking at the fixtures I expect Reading to get that 6th spot. It is theirs to lose now. Boro tomorrow is not easy but then they have Donny away and an already promoted Burnley at home. Can see them getting 5 or 6 points from those games.

Brighton should beat Yeovil on Friday but Forest away will be tough. Reckon they'll get 4 points.

Ipswich are playing Burnley at the right time and sheff w on the last day should be comfortable as they are safely in mid table. 4 points.

Bournemouth vs Forest will most likely be a draw. Millwall on the last day will be tough for Bournemouth. 2 points.

Forest will win today but two tough remaining games. 2 points.

Us? Who knows but 6 points will see us go very close but need other teams, particularly Reading, to slip up. Exciting end to the season and certainly better than a relegation battle.

Very real chance of Brighton and Forest drawing on the final day. I'd probably make Reading favourites at the moment but if Rovers can get 6 points then there's still a decent chance.

If Brighton get 4 points that us done as our goal diff is the worst of the bunch. Reading probably favourites but they are choking so who knows? I would say there are just one or two too many in front of us , enough to make the equation just a little too far fetched even if we win both,

This is going to an agonising ''if only '' scenario sadly. Most of us including me wrote this off weeks ago but even just the Yeovil draw on Friday has killed us. Outrageous and also amazing in that we are hanging on without ever having been in the top 6 and barely above the 9th spot we are currently in. Bet GB really has one or two regrets on the way back from the Midlands.

Just take Sheffield Weds, Yeovil results, four extra points, fine margins, good management? Nice bloke, good manager?

It is interesting looking at some of Yeovil's away results :-

Leicester - draw

Wigan - draw

Reading - draw

Watford - win

What c&*p managers these clubs must have if they can't beat Yeovil ?

Oh and btw Sheff Wed at home :-

Brighton - win

QPR - win

Middlesborough - win

Leicester - win

Reading - win

Ipswich - draw

Bowyer has lots to learn - especially with regards to getting the players fit - but many fans seem to think we have a god given right to beat these teams - and in the Championship nothing could be further from the truth. In a season when many only hoped we would stabilise - we have a very slim chance of making the play offs - given the injuries we have had GB must be doing something right - especially when you look at the most expensive team in the Championship and how their experienced, one time England candidate , is doing.

If Brighton get 4 points that us done as our goal diff is the worst of the bunch. Reading probably favourites but they are choking so who knows? I would say there are just one or two too many in front of us , enough to make the equation just a little too far fetched even if we win both,

This is going to an agonising ''if only '' scenario sadly. Most of us including me wrote this off weeks ago but even just the Yeovil draw on Friday has killed us. Outrageous and also amazing in that we are hanging on without ever having been in the top 6 and barely above the 9th spot we are currently in. Bet GB really has one or two regrets on the way back from the Midlands.

All it tells me is that this is a very weak division.

So many ifs and buts. Cast your mind back to Brighton at home, Rhodes scores on 86 mins and they go up the other end and equalise without us touching the ball after the restart.

That goal doesn't go in and we're in 6th now.

Were any of those 2 goals up at Wednesday at home???

Possibly not - because all bar one of the teams I mentioned got beaten by them - we at least got a draw. In fact - if Rhodes had taken a presentable chance at 3-2 we would have won.

Or have a chance to go 1 point off the playoffs and fail to force the keeper into a real save

Something wrong in that statement - when the BBC says we had 5 shots on target (21 shots in total btw) !

• Backroom

I don't recall the keeper having to react to anything though a couple of headers right at him and a shot from Cairney that barely reached

So many ifs and buts. Cast your mind back to Brighton at home, Rhodes scores on 86 mins and they go up the other end and equalise without us touching the ball after the restart.

That goal doesn't go in and we're in 6th now.

Indeed. But then every team around us will have their own list of if-only's, in fact more so since we have picked up the most points recently

means nowt in the final analysis but some might say it is quite good as a form guide.

I wonder if the fans of those other clubs are whingeing like our lot?

Probably Theno, apart from the team who actually do claim 6th.

Look how poor a season we have had, how few games we have actually won, especially in runs of games; look at where Derby were at christmas, and without signing anyone of note, how they put together runs of wins, then look at us and think what could have been. No disrespect to Burnley, but when a team as poorly resourced as them are going up automatically you must feel we have missed out?

Archived