BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Remaining Fixtures...

I am hoping Reading don't make it, as they have choked recently, despite the win last night. They won't have it all there own way at Doncaster this weekend and I really don't think Burnley will roll over either, on the final day. Despite already being promoted, Burnley players will want to end on a high. Unusual I guess, but we may be praying for a Burnley, win on the last day.

We need to win both of ours, but if Reading do not win on Saturday, then I think we have a pretty decent chance on the final day, so long as we do get the win at Charlton. Some good fixtures on the final day, with Forest V Brighton being a pivotal one too.

At least we do STILL have something to play for, with 2 games to go and that is exactly why the play offs were brought i

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading and Brighton in the box seat for this weekend. Yeovil at home for Brighton and Doncaster away for Reading.

I said to my dad a couple of weeks ago, that if we could get to 70 points it would give us a chance, but also put down a psychological marker for the players and fans going forward.

With recent results going the way they have that means we need back to back wins to get to 70.

To put that achievement into some context when Bournemouth beat us at Ewood on 12th March we had 46 points.

24 points from the final 12 *if we can get two victories*

After the opening 12 games of the season we had 15 points. Burnley had 29 points (what a start they had), QPR 27pts, Leicester 26 pts.

Reading and Brighton in the box seat for this weekend. Yeovil at home for Brighton and Doncaster away for Reading.

I said to my dad a couple of weeks ago, that if we could get to 70 points it would give us a chance, but also put down a psychological marker for the players and fans going forward.

With recent results going the way they have that means we need back to back wins to get to 70.

To put that achievement into some context when Bournemouth beat us at Ewood on 12th March we had 46 points.

24 points from the final 12 *if we can get two victories*

After the opening 12 games of the season we had 15 points. Burnley had 29 points (what a start they had), QPR 27pts, Leicester 26 pts.

I don't think Reading will have it all their own way at Doncaster. Brighton will win I reckon, but then Forest away form them on the last day, will still give us a glimmer on the last day, so long as we win at Charlton. I still think we will get a few twists!

I have us backed to be promoted at 50/1 last week #COYR

At the start of the season we would have taken being in with a shout with 2 games to go - despite some shaky results we have made huge strides this season IMO whatever happens - another season for Bowyer and I can see us being right in the shake up next season.

It is interesting looking at some of Yeovil's away results :-

Leicester - draw

Wigan - draw

Reading - draw

Watford - win

What c&*p managers these clubs must have if they can't beat Yeovil ?

Oh  and btw Sheff Wed at home :-

Brighton - win

QPR - win

Middlesborough - win

Leicester - win

Reading - win

Ipswich - draw

Bowyer has lots to learn - especially with regards to getting the players fit - but many fans seem to think we have a god given right to beat these teams - and in the Championship nothing could be further from the truth. In a season when many only hoped we would stabilise - we have a very slim chance of making the play offs - given the injuries we have had GB must be doing something right - especially when you look at the most expensive team in the Championship and how their experienced, one time England candidate , is doing.

I think you need to ignore the above results for one moment. One of the things which we must understand, is that if we have any hopes of promotion, then consistency is key. After Yeovill beat Leicester, did they lose their next 2 or 3 games, or did they fail to hold onto so many leads? You are looking at one particular result, and lets be honest, one off results mean nowt, as im sure Yeovil probably lost their next game to Charlton or Barnsley etc.

Point is, that if we have any chance of getting back up, we cannot win one and lose 3 type scenario. The draw at home to Yeovil was unacceptable, as like i said before, we still had much to gain in terms of reaching the playoffs. Granted we have had many injuries, but those called up to replace the injured should at least show that they want to keep that place in the team

Next season we need to hit the ground running very early on,to at least ensure that we are in the lottery of the playoffs

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

• Backroom

We actually need Burnley to get results in both of their games now

Its funny we seem to have been around 4-2 points away from 6th for most of the season but have never really appeared like genuine contenders for the playoffs, have we been in 6th or higher at any point?

Maybe we will time it perfectly and sneak in at the death though

We actually need Burnley to get results in both of their games now

Its funny we seem to have been around 4-2 points away from 6th for most of the season but have never really appeared like genuine contenders for the playoffs, have we been in 6th or higher at any point?

Maybe we will time it perfectly and sneak in at the death though

Highest position of the season. 8th!

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/blackburn-rovers

I think that that even if we by some miracle should get that 6th spot this team won't even make it to the play-off final. I think it will be Derby or Wigan that goes up to the PL. I know it's a lottery, but out of those teams currently in the play-off positions I think whoever comes in at 6th will be a massive underdog. 'Tis a crazy league though so you never know, but I think the table doesn't lie.

I'd rather hope we keep the unbeaten run going and end the season on a high. Hope for 2 wins, but a draw and a win would do just fine. I've been on the fence about Bowyer, but give him another year, let this team get a full preseason together and I think we should be real contenders next season if we manage to keep key players and sort out our defensive woes.

If Wigan get nothing from their next 2 games, then they would be catchable on the last day of the season at Ewood. It would be exciting if it does go down to the last day.

Wigan will definitely get something on Saturday, at least a point guaranteed and I will be astounded if it's anything other than a convincing win. Blackpool will go down I think!

Archived