BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC Action Group Updates

There have been a few asking what the Blackburn Rovers Football Community Action Group are up to these days, so I thought that a thread on Rovers largest internet forum would be useful. Hopefully it can be used as a platform to keep fellow fans updated without it turning into a battleground as it has done in the past.

The II Annual Children's Visit to Ewood

http://www.brfcactiongroup.co.uk/group-organises-childrens-visit/

Minutes of meeting with Derek Shaw and Alan Myers

http://www.brfcactiongroup.co.uk/club-meeting-minutes-2/31st-march-2014/

There have been a few asking what the Blackburn Rovers Football Community Action Group are up to these days, so I thought that a thread on Rovers largest internet forum would be useful. Hopefully it can be used as a platform to keep fellow fans updated without it turning into a battleground as it has done in the past.

The II Annual Children's Visit to Ewood

http://www.brfcactiongroup.co.uk/group-organises-childrens-visit/

Minutes of meeting with Derek Shaw and Alan Myershttp://www.brfcactiongroup.co.uk/club-meeting-minutes-2/31st-march-2014/

Words flow from Shelfies mouth, white noise more like, good effort, but he has no more say in our club than we do. I'm looking for a new job Degsie, and I love the club, fancy resigning?

• Backroom
Mr Shaw stated that the owners were all out for automatic promotion back to the Premier League however he and the board had felt that a play-off challenge was more of a realistic aim.

Good to see the owners being their usual level headed selves.

Good work Paul K. Some good info - if we take the club's responses on face value. Still don't rate Shelfy though.

Not sure what the plans are for moving fans closer together. That could be interesting.

The idea that the squad will be stronger at the end of the Summer transfer window is highly subjective though.

I can't help but think that it's like the Fans Forum but with teeth. I wonder how long the club will want to have to separate fan group meetings?

Good work Paul K. Some good info - if we take the club's responses on face value. Still don't rate Shelfy though.

Not sure what the plans are for moving fans closer together. That could be interesting.

The idea that the squad will be stronger at the end of the Summer transfer window is highly subjective though.

I can't help but think that it's like the Fans Forum but with teeth. I wonder how long the club will want to have to separate fan group meetings?

The FF invited BRAG to come along to the meetings on more than occasion - the 'bird' was the response.

Fans Forum but with teeth - I think the phrase you're looking for is 'more faces than the town hall clock'.

Good to see the owners being their usual level headed selves.

So, being honest, we've been nowhere near the playoffs all season. That should mean that Bowyer has underachieved and his position should be under review then ?

The FF invited BRAG to come along to the meetings on more than occasion - the 'bird' was the response.

Fans Forum but with teeth - I think the phrase you're looking for is 'more faces than the town hall clock'.

Actually never mind, ain't even going to bother.

All out for promotion eh !

I wonder if they were told that was definitely on, by Lofty and the crew, what happens now then ?

Shelfy gets a pay rise, GB a villa in Pune, the dark lord returns having won two games back to back somewhere in the Far East & Mr Myers speaks of the Loons desire to go back to the good old times! Yeah baby

• Backroom

So, being honest, we've been nowhere near the playoffs all season. That should mean that Bowyer has underachieved and his position should be under review then ?

By Shelfy's definition, yes. The owners should consider this season a massive failure if they genuinely expected automatic promotion. But if that's the goal and a manager only has one season or less to do it we'll be sacking at least one manager a season if not more. I doubt Venky's have that much money/credit to burn.

Although worth noting "we've been nowhere near the playoffs all season" is a vastly untrue statement. Up until recently we've been pretty close most of the season. We've had a crap tail-end to the season though and thus we've now fallen too far behind.

What a load of baloney. Some of the rubbish these people come out with is something else. While Venkys remains in charge we are a circus with Shaw as a very tragic clown.

By Shelfy's definition, yes. The owners should consider this season a massive failure if they genuinely expected automatic promotion. But if that's the goal and a manager only has one season or less to do it we'll be sacking at least one manager a season if not more. I doubt Venky's have that much money/credit to burn.

Although worth noting "we've been nowhere near the playoffs all season" is a vastly untrue statement. Up until recently we've been pretty close most of the season. We've had a crap tail-end to the season though and thus we've now fallen too far behind.

we have been nowhere near all season. We were much nearer at times last season before a terrible run in the spring dragged us down. Quite recently we were 1 point better off than last year (it is 4 now). Progress? I don't think so.

• Backroom

What a load of baloney. Some of the rubbish these people come out with is something else. While Venkys remains in charge we are a circus with Shaw as a very tragic clown.

we have been nowhere near all season. We were much nearer at times last season before a terrible run in the spring dragged us down. Quite recently we were 1 point better off than last year (it is 4 now). Progress? I don't think so.

To say "we've been nowhere near all season" is a nonsense statement. We haven't been in the lower half of the league all season. We've spent most of it between 7th - 10th which by my estimation is pretty near 6th, a playoff position. We've never put together a consistent run to actually get us into those spots, but we have been close on many occasions. Even now after a pretty poor run of 1 win in 8 we're only 7 points off. Likely a bridge too far with only 7 games remaining but still puts paid to any notion we've not been near the playoffs all season. It's only in the last 5 or 6 games that we've really started to fall away. it was only recently we were neck and neck with Ipswich, so are we saying they've not been anywhere near the playoffs all season too?

• Backroom

Come on, we've all been here before. Let's not this turn into another of 'those' threads!

#RICKYOUT

#TRUEFAN

#TREMBLERS

Mr Shaw confirmed that Venkys continue to support the club financially and have recently agreed to large spending on pitch renovations at both EwoodPark and Brockhall.

Don't most clubs re-lay the playing surface each season or am i missing something bigger? Is this the extent of their 'financial support'?

Mr Shaw confirmed that Venkys continue to support the club financially and have recently agreed to large spending on pitch renovations at both EwoodPark and Brockhall.

Don't most clubs re-lay the playing surface each season or am i missing something bigger? Is this the extent of their 'financial support'?

I'd assume it's over the top. Why should some ill advised people who live 9000 miles away and who had the misfortune to stick their toes in the shark infested waters of the Barclays Premier League provide ever more financial support to a football club in England whose supporters are only willing to pay approx 2/3rds the going rate for ST's in this Division? Ultimately to be healthy and progressive this club has to fund itself.

Jack Walker's involvement has spawned a dependent culture imo. Wean yourselves off the freebie nipple ffs!

Archived