BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Ultimate Warrior has died :(

Great crowd reaction but by god the match was dull. Taker was past it last year and up against an overweight Lesnar it had nothing going for it.

I was really hoping that Lesnar would bring out the Shooting Star Press to wow the crowd and actually be a move worthy of ending the streak but no, just a tired old slog. Granted I was dreaming as I don't think he's done it since the botched effort where he nearly broke his neck.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry forgot to add, back in late 80s/early 90s wwf days I always thought ultimate warrior was genuinely the toughest wrestler of that era

Never been a wrestler since Mick McManus. :huh:

if we want to be pedantic then formula 1 isn't a sport either, sport is all about exerting yourself, theres nothing sporty about sitting in a car going round and round a racetrack, its no different to sitting on the edge of a motor way in my eyes and watching cars going round and round there

if we want to be pedantic then formula 1 isn't a sport either, sport is all about exerting yourself, theres nothing sporty about sitting in a car going round and round a racetrack, its no different to sitting on the edge of a motor way in my eyes and watching cars going round and round there

F1, Snooker and Darts aren't sports in my eyes.

If you start this you will eliminate half the Olympics (Equestrian, pole vault etc). They are all games of skill where you train your body to use a skill better than the next man, they may use tools but at the end of the day the skill counts and they are therefore sports. Therein lies the difference between wrestling and WWE showmanship.

If you start this you will eliminate half the Olympics (Equestrian, pole vault etc). They are all games of skill where you train your body to use a skill better than the next man, they may use tools but at the end of the day the skill counts and they are therefore sports. Therein lies the difference between wrestling and WWE showmanship.

yup, F1 drivers, Tennis pros, rock climbers and cyclists are among the fittest people on the planet, "wrestlers" are actors, bit like modern day footballers

Guest Norbert

You do have to be fit to be in F1. You get anything up to 3 Gs in some corners and you probably sweat more than Andy Murray does running around a tennis court.

WWE wrestlers are fit too. To lift another burly man above your head and control the drop so you don't break their neck must take some effort and training.

You do have to be fit to be in F1. You get anything up to 3 Gs in some corners and you probably sweat more than Andy Murray does running around a tennis court.

WWE wrestlers are fit too. To lift another burly man above your head and control the drop so you don't break their neck must take some effort and training.

Think that is more strength than fitness, Majiball will be able to expand on that

• Backroom

The majority are athletes as they often come from other backgrounds such as the NFL.

They're essentially athletic stuntmen. Or in some cases (Terry Funk or Mick Foley) just stuntmen.

Wrestling (scripted-style) is still a skill, pulling off the choreography to a tee as well as giving the crowd a reason to love you or hate you etc. Even having to adjust the match 'plan' if one of you is injured.

Think that is more strength than fitness, Majiball will be able to expand on that

Try running the ropes. THAT is very hard to do properly and requires a lot of fitness in terms of making it look good. I still haven't got decent at it in several goes.

• 1 month later...
  • Backroom

And I thought collecting World Cup stickers was sad ;)

It gets worse! I bought a BadNewsBarrett t-shirt when I went down to London for the Monday night taping :P

Archived