BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sheffield Wednesday v Rovers

Neal

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the Hillsborough thing I think after everyone has paid their respects then that's it. It had nothing whatsoever to do with the teams of Sheffield Wednesday or Blackburn Rovers so it should have no bearing on the game at all. Neither team is setting out to win it for the 96, obviously the first ten mins might be a bit more charged than normal but after that it should settle down. Believe it or not but a lot of LFC fans hold Sheff Weds in contempt because of it, apportioning some of the blame on them.

why change winning team??? Gestede and Rhodes up front for sure

Agree, a must win if they are serious about mounting a late charge.

Recent league record at Hillsborough is decepitively poor.

06/04/2013 - Sheffield Weds 3-2 Rovers - Johnson 2, Lita pen. Rhodes pen, Dann

28/08/2000 - Sheffield Weds 1-1 Rovers - Westwood. Taylor

12/09/1998 - Sheffield Weds 3-0 Rovers - Atherton, Hinchcliffe, Di Canio

26/12/1997 - Sheffield Weds 0-0 Rovers

19/10/1996 - Sheffield Weds 1-1 Rovers - Booth. Bohinen

23/08/1995 - Sheffield Weds 2-1 Rovers - Waddle, Pembridge. Shearer

02/11/1994 - Sheffield Weds 0-1 Rovers - Shearer

League Cup Semi Final

08/01/2002 - Sheffield Weds 1-2 Rovers - Ekoku. Hignett, Cole

I swear this kid and his dad (and Uncle Paul - are you after a job at Rovers?) are just doing it to annoy me.

"Fit-again Rovers midfielder Lowe urges play-off caution"

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/11139100.Fit_again_Rovers_midfielder_Lowe_urges_play_off_caution/

The actual 'story' is less stupid than the headline but what is there to be cautious about? There is no expectation, this is the last roll of the dice. We just need to do what Burnley have been doing all season. Try to win every game. Worrying about winning three games in a row is pointless, we have to win the next 5.

I'll bet our new team spokesman will be captain next season.

Caution, FFS! It's been a season of caution that will see us miss out on the play-offs anyway.

Caution, FFS! It's been a season of caution that will see us miss out on the play-offs anyway.

Can't be too cautious, don't concede and you've a chance of winning.

Eleven men behind the ball, everybody in our own box for Wednesday corners and all that :wacko:

Just go for it FFS, we have the quality to rip Wednesday a new one.

I swear this kid and his dad (and Uncle Paul - are you after a job at Rovers?) are just doing it to annoy me.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/11139100.Fit_again_Rovers_midfielder_Lowe_urges_play_off_caution/

The actual 'story' is less stupid than the headline but what is there to be cautious about? There is no expectation, this is the last roll of the dice. We just need to do what Burnley have been doing all season. Try to win every game. Worrying about winning three games in a row is pointless, we have to win the next 5.

Makes you want to pull your hair out... It would makes sense to have a negative & cautious performance straight after one of very positive performances we've had all season. We keep being told by the manager that "it's about momentum"... Well if it's about momentum then BLOODY ATTACK. How are you supposed to gain confidence and momentum by defending every week?

More of the same please.

Not sure why your hot and bothered about this headline. Like you say the actual story is a total non story. Take each game as it comes, focus on Sheff Wednesday, win three on the bounce for the first time in years, don't get ahead of ourselves, etc. Standard stuff.

Maybe it's the player quoted that has caught your imagination!

Notice that Lowe didn't use the word 'caution' once in that article, expressly stated, quite rightly, that the team shouldn't get carried away and focus on one game at a time. It's a slow day at the office story, so why scrutinize it if only because it's got Lowe's name attached to it?

• Moderation Lead

I know people often say this about Dunny but he did look heavy on Tuesday. Possibly because he was put on as a forward and had to run around but It did show his heaviness.

I would probably start with the same side and bring on at half time if it's 0-0

He never looks like he's having a nice time when he's running, as if it's a chore to him!

Positivity, or "going for it" isn't something that should be turned on or off. It should never be a case of throw players forward because we've nothing to lose. Positivity is in the coaching. It's about playing the ball forwards whenever possible, it's about players wanting to get forward, it's about a state of mind. You can still defend and play positively at the same time.

Throwing caution to the wind is not a great idea. Coaches demanding that players are positive from the first minute 'til the last, in all situations,in every game is.

Positivity, or "going for it" isn't something that should be turned on or off. It should never be a case of throw players forward because we've nothing to lose. Positivity is in the coaching. It's about playing the ball forwards whenever possible, it's about players wanting to get forward, it's about a state of mind. You can still defend and play positively at the same time.

Throwing caution to the wind is not a great idea. Coaches demanding that players are positive from the first minute 'til the last, in all situations,in every game is.

That is a cracking post, take a bow.

I think the best case scenario is 2 points away from 6th at 5pm tomorrow.

Let's hope Leicester have sobered up for this evening!

Realistically, there is little chance of all the sides between us and 6th place slipping up.

If we win tomorrow I think we can be considered contenders but would then probably still have to win every game until the end of the season.

Let's just hope we finish strongly.

Reading V Leicester is Monday night. So IF Rovers win the best case is 1 point off and worse 2 points off - this is regardless of if the sides between us and 6th win or not.

• Backroom

Rhodes and Rudy have shaken off knocks but Evans and Etuhu both out

I think Etuhus hamstrings are actually made of wafer thin ham

Lowe and Williamson arent winners though chaddy

Not a big fan of the Lowe Williamson partnership either. Really think Evans is a big loss for us.

Having said that though I think the players around Williamson and Lowe are performing really well so we are able to make up for their deficiencies.

For example Lowe is useless on the ball, but if he has either Cairney or Conway close by when he wins it then we are ok.

Lowe and Williamson arent winners though chaddy

I'm very sure they were part of the team that WON at Tuesday night tho!

Lowe is good player and does his job for the team. Williamson has improve his game alot.

both were very good on Tuesday night

I'm very sure they were part of the team that WON at Tuesday night tho!

Lowe is good player and does his job for the team. Williamson has improve his game alot.

both were very good on Tuesday night

According to GB the one mission for Lowe tuesday was stopping Ravel Morisson and that was obvious he did, not many has done since he joined QPR

Archived