BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sheffield Wednesday v Rovers

Neal

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to GB the one mission for Lowe tuesday was stopping Ravel Morisson and that was obvious he did, not many has done since he joined QPR

Dont think hes scored more than twelve goals in two years of football so who's this Ravel Morrison. Another footballing myth.

I'm very sure they were part of the team that WON at Tuesday night tho!

Lowe is good player and does his job for the team. Williamson has improve his game alot.

both were very good on Tuesday night

Dream on chaddy !! Rovers need a new central midfielder to partner Corry Evans that is if the club are to progress.

Dont think hes scored more than twelve goals in two years of football so who's this Ravel Morrison. Another footballing myth.

Dream on chaddy !! Rovers need a new central midfielder to partner Corry Evans that is if the club are to progress.

Or just move Cairney inside and play Marshall there... Done.

Dream on Jal yourself

lets focus on this season and focus on next season after this season is finish

er, I thought you were promoting that this season is building for next season!

Or just move Cairney inside and play Marshall there... Done.

Is Cairney strong enough for the team to play in the middle ? Would have thought that would be based on who was playing on the other side and is this Marshall fella really any good.

Is Cairney strong enough for the team to play in the middle ? Would have thought that would be based on who was playing on the other side and is this Marshall fella really any good.

It sounds like you haven't watched a game this season.

As someone said on here before the last game that Cairney like playing wide right and prefer it there.

Jal, Marshall has been very good signing.

proves to me how many games you have seen live. probably not many

Roversfan99, thought you rated Henley highly so why loaning him out? for me, just hasnt perform good enough..maybe sell him? i dont know tbh. give him a chance next season? maybe?

Yoda, we have 5 games left so lets finish this season and maybe we can get 6th place. who knows?

As someone said on here before the last game that Cairney like playing wide right and prefer it there.

Jal, Marshall has been very good signing.

proves to me how many games you have seen live. probably not many

Roversfan99, thought you rated Henley highly so why loaning him out? for me, just hasnt perform good enough..maybe sell him? i dont know tbh. give him a chance next season? maybe?

Yoda, we have 5 games left so lets finish this season and maybe we can get 6th place. who knows?

It's yoda,

6th place!

it's all down to the managers tactics in my opinion

Cairney is much less effective on the wing.

Henley looked promising at one stage but after seeing him play consistently he is very poor. No I'd prefer not to give him a chance next year, he's had plenty this and made far too many mistakes and shown no signs of being a championship right back.

If Lowe is a regular next season in central midfield then I doubt we will go up.

Ok Stuart how good are these players for Rovers when the opposition have the ball ? Do they get the ball ?

Clearly you haven't seen them at all.

It's all relative but, yes, Marshall and Cairney have been good players for Rovers this season.

In recent games Cairney has been pressing players when we don't have the ball. Marshall was injured busting a gut to win the ball back. A silly tackle really but the desire was there. On the ball they are pretty good too. The trouble is Bowyer is playing Cairney where I would play Marshall. I guess we will have to wait and see how he accommodates them both, and Lowe. It seems Williamson will always be the one to make way in the centre.

We have a rather imbalanced midfield though:

Conway - King - Feeney - Taylor

Evans - Williamson - Etuhu

Cairney - Lowe - Dabo

Marshall

More left wingers than an old Labour Party Conference.

Just goes to show that Bowyer can pick a player but not necessarily a team.

Is Cairney strong enough for the team to play in the middle ?

Yes he is but it wouldn't matter if he weren't... You play a defensive mid alongside him. Something we have lacked (I'm sick of saying this) is ball retention. When we score, we don't protect the ball enough and calm play down, the QPR game was the first since I can't remember when we have done that.

Welcome back bitches. Currently in Sheffield town centre. The fact that I'm posting says a lot about the quality of woman in this town... Just bumped into a rovers fan with "arte et labore" tattoo... Seemed a bit Abbeyish...

Anyway, hope we win tomorrow. To keep the season going at least! If your at hillsborough tomorrow- look out for a "greying" ginger mullet. It's probably me..

Going to be one of those 'look back and remember' days at Hillsborough today. (Along with, this season, the fan turn out at City and Alan Judge marking Marouane Fallaini in a pre-season friendly).

Hope the sense of occasion doesn't affect us like it did at Bolton after the Muamba incident.

A win today and it's 'dare to dream' time.

Strong in a physical sense? Probably stronger than Xavi, Iniesta, Scholes or perhaps even Tugay but not quite as strong as Goulon.

I think we will win today if we play the pressing game we have played in much of the last two games. If we defend deep and allow them time on the ball I think we will struggle. Quite simple we are not quick enough to play on the break.

Yes he is but it wouldn't matter if he weren't... You play a defensive mid alongside him. Something we have lacked (I'm sick of saying this) is ball retention. When we score, we don't protect the ball enough and calm play down, the QPR game was the first since I can't remember when we have done that.

Sick of hearing this limited defensive midfielder nonsense you should be an all rounder being equally as good in possession as you are out of possession if the team is to be strong.

How good is Jason Lowe at heading the ball ?

Clearly you haven't seen them at all.

It's all relative but, yes, Marshall and Cairney have been good players for Rovers this season.

In recent games Cairney has been pressing players when we don't have the ball. Marshall was injured busting a gut to win the ball back. A silly tackle really but the desire was there. On the ball they are pretty good too. The trouble is Bowyer is playing Cairney where I would play Marshall. I guess we will have to wait and see how he accommodates them both, and Lowe. It seems Williamson will always be the one to make way in the centre.

We have a rather imbalanced midfield though:

Conway - King - Feeney - Taylor

Evans - Williamson - Etuhu

Cairney - Lowe - Dabo

Marshall

Just goes to show that Bowyer can pick a player but not necessarily a team.

Does Bowyer pick the players ?

Going to be one of those 'look back and remember' days at Hillsborough today. (Along with, this season, the fan turn out at City and Alan Judge marking Marouane Fallaini in a pre-season friendly).

Hope the sense of occasion doesn't affect us like it did at Bolton after the Muamba incident.

A win today and it's 'dare to dream' time.

Definitely!

A win today today and its a four game roll over v Yeovil on good friday what a pity Rovers let in that late equaliser against Brighton

I'm very sure they were part of the team that WON at Tuesday night tho!

Lowe is good player and does his job for the team.

Williamson has improve his game alot.

Lowe is a good player.....:-) haha just proves you know FA chaddy

both were very good on Tuesday night

Archived