BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets and Stand Closures

Earlier the better for those who use the direct debit scheme which many do.

The asme Direct Debit scheme that had to be reduced to 8 payments for 13/14 (down from 10) because ticket information was so late?

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Selling season tickets towards the end of the season or having them on sale already would enable the club to 'cash in' quickly on the feel good factor that has developed over the last 10-15 games.

Leaving it until June before announcing a price structure will see many people off on their holidays and out of football 'mode' with their minds and money on other things.

Other clubs understand this and thats why every other club in the Championship had announced prices and started selling tickets as early as March.

Derby have announced today they have sold almost 18,000 season tickets for next season. Brighton passed the 10,000 mark weeks ago. Neither of those clubs know what division they are going to be in next season. We will need to compete against one or both of them next season.

Rovers do know and it has been pretty likely for some time they would be in the Championship in 2014-15 and haven't even bothered to announce prices yet.

To be fair I would hardly say it was a farce. We have only known what league we will be in since Saturday, so an announcement during the week seem reasonable enough due to the PL pledge having an impact on what existing ST holders will pay.

I think we knew in January what league we were going to be in next season !

The yearly season ticket farce shows how far behind we are off the field still. Conference standard management/ownership structure.

Indeed so. It is likely a reflection of our unsustainable give-away ST prices.

Why is there this desperate desire to spend some money? Even if the season ticket details had been published on Saturday I wouldn't have done anything about it until the deadline for season ticket holders, probably the end of June, unless there was some financial incentive for early purchase. Do people really believe that some fans would have bought a season ticket on Saturday but will not do when details come out a few days later?

You are right. Why pay the money now when it makes sense to leave it to the last minute.

The only concern I have is the lack of a published policy.....it will come soon and the delay will make no difference to ST sales.

the next 7 - 10 days should see the ST info put out in the public domain (according to Alan Myers on Twitter) with my prediction being a nominal increase in price with zero stand closures...

just a thought on the when STs should go on sale debate - if they had put them on sale, say around April time, you can bet a pound to a penny the reaction would have been 'they (Venkys) are trying to get our money early before selling Rhodes and riding off into the sunset'

:rover:

the next 7 - 10 days should see the ST info put out in the public domain (according to Alan Myers on Twitter) with my prediction being a nominal increase in price with zero stand closures...

just a thought on the when STs should go on sale debate - if they had put them on sale, say around April time, you can bet a pound to a penny the reaction would have been 'they (Venkys) are trying to get our money early before selling Rhodes and riding off into the sunset'

Doesn't bother other clubs though.

They'll only get around to the ST debate in Pune when Mr B has finished horse whipping under performing staff. It's that time of year :)

Don't you mean the annual "arse smoke blowing" contest featuring special guest star G. Bowyer? ;)

Is that the best you can do Mum, seeing as it was written on a mobile? Very weak.

Rude? Seeing as you have set the bar low I assume you have heard the phrase? In fact you have had your own first hand 'smoke blowing' sesh in Pune. ;)

Sorry! I think you have entirely the wrong person. I've never been near India. Check your facts

Sorry! I think you have entirely the wrong person. I've never been near India. Check your facts

Aplogies. I thought I had read the reference somewhere :blush:

Still a poor hole to pick when I was rightly calling what the trips to Pune are. Toadying sessions to blow smoke up his paymasters rear ends. Just as they were when Kean was here

If he want's to come across in a better light introduce them to skype and give them a map to ewood they can follow on non-royal visit days

And what else is he to do other than go to India? If they won't come here and we all know that nobody here actually knows what they are thinking, how else is he meant to find out what is going on. We all treat our bosses with a certain amount of deference. doesn't mean we like them or are doing any of the things you are suggesting. We merely have to get along with them or we can't do our jobs. Bowyer may have said some ill advised things but if you read between the lines there are plenty of veiled references to the mess we were in when he came and suggestions from him and the players that all is not still great. I think he deserves a little more credit than you seem prepared to give him. Perhaps he takes his long spoon with him to India

Still a poor hole to pick when I was rightly calling what the trips to Pune are. Toadying sessions to blow smoke up his paymasters rear ends. Just as they were when Kean was here

If he want's to come across in a better light introduce them to skype and give them a map to ewood they can follow on non-royal visit days

You are so wrong there

Stop clutching at straws. Your criticisms are making you sound increasingly churlish.

I think we knew in January what league we were going to be in next season !

Presumably you contacted the bookies and staked your house, life savings and shirt on it and have made a significant profit? I wish I had but unfortunately I didnt share your foresight waggy76.

Can you give us your prediction for next season?

Can we expect all the clubs announcements to bereleased first on twitter? I may be old fashioned and im no scouser but it seems rather lacking in class and professionalism to me.

Is there to be any work being carried out on the foundations to the riverside stand ?

Is there to be any work being carried out on the foundations to the riverside stand ?

Apparently not, maybe they're hoping that when the Fracking starts in the Ribble Valley, there might be the odd minor earthquake

and the whole thing will fall down, then they can claim on their insurance for a new stand.

Can we expect all the clubs announcements to bereleased first on twitter? I may be old fashioned and im no scouser but it seems rather lacking in class and professionalism to me.

100% with you on this one Gordon. Mr Myers is supposedly Director of Communications and he seems to consider Twitter and 140 character statements as an adequate way of communicating with the supporter base. In my view it is a lazy and exclusive method of talking to the fans. If 140 characters is adequate to express the club's news all I can say is that news can't be of any interest.

I don't consider myself out of touch but must say I view Twitter as an irrelevant method of communication. Quite easily the downside of modern communications.

Most certainly this approach does lack class and professionalism and if Mr Myers and the club want to improve communication with me he is going to have to try a damn sight harder.

In September 2013 Twitter had 15 million UK users - less than 25% of the population. Through extrapolation Myers is failing to communicate with approximately 80% of Rovers fans.

Archived