BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Not Good Enough

is Bowyers analysis of the game yesterday according to the official website.

Hats off to him for an honest assessment as in previous games he has hidden behind poor decisions etc etc

Last season he said the corresponding Wednesday away fixture gave him an insight into who was up to the job or not. I hope that the same learnings can come from this fixture too. How many times have we lost or drawn from winning positions, how many times have we overturned losing positions. I just hope that he can continue to develop the squad and improve on the consistency because that has been the difference with the teams at the top this season

I am not wanting a change of manager because there are signs of progress but it is important that the failings highlighted this season are addressed for next.

One signing really confuses me. Dabo? The guy could have been the ideal strongman to dictate midfield but has not played so I have to assume he is neither fit enough or good enough or both.

From my perspoective that central midfield position is the biggest single issue facing Rovers next season. We need another Cowans type figure in there to dictate the game if we are to repeat last times promotion.Who that can be and if we can afford it is another matter.

what changes then would you have done then roversfan99???

I would like to see Kane or Taylor for Cairney. maybe King for Rhodes.

but even if he did make changes we simply do not know what affect it would have done. it still might have been a draw or Rovers win. who knows?????

Chaddy regardless of your intermittent dyslexia, there's something you need to get your head around.

This...

what changes then would you have done then roversfan99?

is a genuine question.

This...

is sarcastic and annoying.

Drop the triple question marks will you. FFS.

I would like to see Kane or Taylor for Cairney. maybe King for Rhodes.

but even if he did make changes we simply do not know what affect it would have done. it still might have been a draw or Rovers win. who knows?????

The team was flagging so you have to make some subs, not just go oh well we might have bottled it anyway.

Taylor for Cairney who was knackered. King for Rhodes. Maybe Varney for Gestede even though he is crap.

He made subs v QPR so why not yesterday.

What we DO know is that making no changes squandered two points.

He saw fit to bring Varney on in injury time. For me, at that time in the game, who replaces who is largely irrelevant, it's about breaking the play up and killing any player or fans' momentum.

So why only one change was made is rather odd, he should have made another the next time the ball went out and then once more.

So basically, you are saying that you do think Bowyer got it wrong, but will just hide behind a cliche instead of admitting so.

I don't think that's right there mate, There were lots of options, King for Cairney or King for Rhodes or xxx for xxx etc. but these options included keeping the same eleven on the pitch for as long as possible. Arguments can be made for each option and only hindsight tells us the last one i mentioned was wrong.

Re: Chaddy, i understand why some people get annoyed at him, like the rest of us, he's not perfect and could be more restrained but i think it is a two street and the same could be said for lots of people.

I'm pleased GB said what he did. I hope during the close season the coaching team as a whole can sit down and analyse what they've done well and where they need to improve so they can push on next season

Not good enough last week, demand a response, goes even worse the following week, same errors, same tippy tappy tactics, same game plan, same midfield, same lack of intensity, same inconsistency,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the reason for this is the fans fault.

It is getting beyond a joke.

Not good enough last week, demand a response, goes even worse the following week, same errors, same tippy tappy tactics, same game plan, same midfield, same lack of intensity, same inconsistency,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the reason for this is the fans fault.

It is getting beyond a joke.

What was the headline on the inside back page of the LT from Bowyer regarding todays game and the remaining fixtures leading upto the Wigan game.

Archived