BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brum Away

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fully expect Rovers to win this one comfortably.

For a start, we've had an extra day's rest so GB can have no excuses about 'the lads being leggy'.

Sitting in 11th at the moment so extra incentive for Bowyer to climb to 10th or above and keep the 'Rovers Fans' on board - Kean also had a habit of getting a win when he needed it most.

Unfortunately, a Rovers win will only serve to paper over the cracks

He has lavished praise on the away support on many occasions. They have deserved the praise as well.

After the crap we have seen this season, the home fans - those who, y'know, give Rovers their money - deserve to be praised as well. Certainly not derision.

Whilst not questioning the fans' commitment, away tickets don't put money in Rovers coffers and, it could be said that many away fans deliberately so.

After the crap we have seen this season, the home fans - those who, y'know, give Rovers their money - deserve to be praised as well. Certainly not derision.

Whilst not questioning the fans' commitment, away tickets don't put money in Rovers coffers and, it could be said that many away fans deliberately so.

Obviously.

Home games have generally been pretty dire with little or nothing to cheer. I think it is a big mistake for Gary to do anything that could contribute to the team losing the fans at home. Almost, whatever home fans do or don't do, he would be most unwise to criticise, given our home experience this year.

Away from home there is something that makes fans cheer even when they are watching complete s***. Sometimes local pride and loyalty,sometimes complete irony!

The performance of the fans at City was superb, for instance, when in reality, the team merely turned up to fulfill the fixture.( imo) City fans were very impressed, I know.

All I was saying was that Bowyer repeatedly gives the away fans credit.

Also, I have noticed real frustration and sometimes flatness in his post match delivery of late. The repeated disappointments and mistakes are obviously getting to him too.I am prepared to view Fridays comments in that context. And before all hell lets loose, I am not offering this as an excuse, but maybe part of an explanation....

• Backroom

I expect us to win what his now almost a nothing game, some fans to put all the credit on bowyer and use it as solid proof that he is the right man to take us forward and the cycle to continue.

For me a lot of damage was done on Friday, that was when we needed to push on and we failed I don't think we will get another gift sadly

All I was saying was that Bowyer repeatedly gives the away fans credit.

This was the bit I picked up on. Just recently he has also started to question the home fans' support. It's a slippery slope.

For me a lot of damage was done on Friday, that was when we needed to push on and we failed I don't think we will get another gift sadly

Friday was all about an opportunity presenting itself and Bowyer not being able to take advantage. Since he took over I have yet to watch a game where I felt he deliberately and decisively changed a game for the better.

We've had that many opportunities to kick on since Christmas it's unreal and every single time the players and management have been asked to step up to the plate they've flunked it. When a manager starts criticising the support it's when he's run out of other excuses, injuries, luck, refs, conditions, quality of oppo etc etc. I feel he's had a few digs before and It starts to grate after a while.

Friday was all about an opportunity presenting itself and Bowyer not being able to take advantage. Since he took over I have yet to watch a game where I felt he deliberately and decisively changed a game for the better.

Plus we have chucked away probably 5-6 opportunities. 16 draws this season. If we had just closed out half those matches we'd been fourth and planning a Wembley trip on here.

I don't understand Bowyer at all. His pitch side and media demeanour seem all wrong. Can't put my finger on it but things simply aren't right.

Weird is the word I think

I see Bowyer is saying a postive attitude is needed

A bit ironic after the overcautious tactics and selections over tha last few weeks.

Well the stats tell him Lowe Williamson midfield is not a winning proposition but yet it is his default choice.

Conway - Evans - Cairney - King / Dunn/ Marshall if fit is more positive to my mind.

I don't understand Bowyer at all. His pitch side and media demeanour seem all wrong. Can't put my finger on it but things simply aren't right.

Weird is the word I think

I wouldn't say its weird. I'd say it's just him being completely out of his depth as a manager. His demeanour on the touch line really irks me. No passion, no leadership. Compare this to every other single manager in the championship. They would have been blowing steam out of their ears in the closing stages against Yeovil on Friday.

Anyway, apologies for dragging this off topic. I can see the final nail, belatedly, being put in our coffin today. Brum will pinch it 1-0.

There's no way he'll play Evans and Cairney together in midfield. They look like a potentially good combo but GB obviously doesn't see it like that so at least 1 of Willowe will play. Frustrating in that we have chopped and changed so much hut the combination which looks best in theory has never been tried......no idea why not.

The ticket I bought for this game will stay pinned to the memo board in my kitchen. A combination of the weather, Boreyer's tactics and recent comments made my mind up. A nice bike ride as opposed to feeling angry and frustrated is a far, far better option. If anybody is daft enough to want my ticket they can have it for free.

The ticket I bought for this game will stay pinned to the memo board in my kitchen. A combination of the weather, Boreyer's tactics and recent comments made my mind up. A nice bike ride as opposed to feeling angry and frustrated is a far, far better option. If anybody is daft enough to want my ticket they can have it for free.

Get a couple of hours through the Ribble Valley, back nice hot shower, feet up, crack open a beer and watch on the net!

There's no way he'll play Evans and Cairney together in midfield. They look like a potentially good combo but GB obviously doesn't see it like that so at least 1 of Willowe will play. Frustrating in that we have chopped and changed so much hut the combination which looks best in theory has never been tried......no idea why not.

I think injuries - especially for Evans has driven many selections.

Archived