BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brum Away

Goodwillie has scored 3 goals in 10 games for a struggling Blackpool whereas Varney has scored 2 in 23 league games for Rovers and Leeds this season two stronger teams than Blackpool. I'd say Goodwillie is a better option for a goal of the bench than Varney although that probably says more about Varney's ability than Goodwillie's.

Varneys crap but he's a different type than Goodwille obviously. He puts himself about and is quite physical unlike the Scottish Rooney who often just stands there hands on hips. Get rid of both, we can do better even on the cheap.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

You missed Judge coming last summer DE, but must say I agree with you.

Den, I can certainly appreciate your stance but it does seem you're focusing too much on comparing our players past and current and our debt levels.

The only question that matters on a playing level would be:

If we had our current squad from the start of this season, do you think we'd be in the playoff spots?

From August-Jan, we won 10, drew 11 and lost 10.

From Feb-now, we've won 5, drawn 7 and lost 3.

Extrapolate the points gained and they remain very similar with a SLIGHT improvement since Feb (an extra 3pts). But it'd have been enough to get us squeezing into those playoff places.

My old man tells me baby steps are better than leaping without looking. It all depends whether the finances actually dictate what happens with us. Imo, we have one more crack at it next season (before any transfer embargo) to get into the PL and straighten out our debt. Whether we have a chance after that, I don't know. But I prefer the way we're trying to go about it.

Getting Etuhu, Best, Campbell and Goodwillie off the books (as well as Kane and Feeney) is the more important thing for me this summer than incomings tbh. At an guess, it'd be about £5.5m less to worry about in itself, just for those players!

The only question that matters on a playing level would be:

If we had our current squad from the start of this season, do you think we'd be in the playoff spots?

From August-Jan, we won 10, drew 11 and lost 10.

From Feb-now, we've won 5, drawn 7 and lost 3.

Extrapolate the points gained and they remain very similar with a SLIGHT improvement since Feb (an extra 3pts). But it'd have been enough to get us squeezing into those playoff places.

Even when the barrel is completely scraped we come up with an 'extrapolated' 3 measly points.

But yet to talk about the number of times we've dropped 2 points, and ended up with (or even settled for) 1 instead of 3, is derided - because that paints Bowyer in a bad light. :rolleyes:

One thing JBizzle and I do agree on is that some people see what they want to see.

• Backroom

Even when the barrel is completely scraped we come up with an 'extrapolated' 3 measly points.

But yet to talk about the number of times we've dropped 2 points, and ended up with (or even settled for) 1 instead of 3, is derided - because that paints Bowyer in a bad light. :rolleyes:

One thing JBizzle and I do agree on is that some people see what they want to see.

But as you unwittingly acknowledge. What you see as barrel-scraping others may see as valid. That's still points gained having lost Marshall and with a further preseason of playing together. And I did mean progress on the condition we don't give away so many silly points.

Still unsure what's down to Bowyer and what's down to the players tbh. I'm happy to give him another crack at improving the rb and cb options. I'm hoping for a Nelsen-type as we have the 'Todd' in Hanley.

But as you unwittingly acknowledge. What you see as barrel-scraping others may see as valid. That's still points gained having lost Marshall and with a further preseason of playing together. And I did mean progress on the condition we don't give away so many silly points.

Still unsure what's down to Bowyer and what's down to the players tbh. I'm happy to give him another crack at improving the rb and cb options. I'm hoping for a Nelsen-type as we have the 'Todd' in Hanley.

Nothing 'unwitting' about it.

WTF are you on about?

A joke, albeit a bad one. Sorry.

The other guy said unwittingly, you said not unwittingly, so I assumed you meant you acknowledged it not unwittingly. Of course I knew you didn't mean that, but that was the joke. Sorry if it didn't get through.

Archived