BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfers - In & Out

Might as well start one...

Hugo Fernandez has been released. Interesting comment BTL about how much some of these young 'uns are on.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11148648._/

Interest in Sunderland defender who is out of contract in summer.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/sunderland-afc/blackburn-consider-sunderland-defender-1-6561706

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Send back Feeney and Varney, sign Dabo on a 10 year deal and try and get Keane for one more season.

Let Blackpool have Goodwillie, Either use Bestas 3rd choice striker (who all of a sudden isn't a trouble maker at Sheffield Wednesday) or more likely let Sheffield Wednesday or someone else take him cheap if he can agree wages, try and find a way out of the DJ contract and bring in a 3rd striker.

Sell or more likely release Jake Kean, Josh Morris, Olsson and probably a few others. Taylor will probably leave and be a decent player for another championship side

An interesting one will be what we do with Dunn

Just spitballin' some random ideas:

Send Varney, Feeney, Kane, and Dabo back where they belong.

Try to sign Keane for another year.
Keep Robinson if possible, otherwise sign a cheaper but dependable replacement.
Send Jake Kean out on loan. Keep Henley as back-up RB.
Keep Rochina, otherwise cash in. No use loaning him out again.

Find some legal loophole to tear up DJ Campbell's contract.

See if the same works for Etuhu, Orr & Best.
Sign Craig Dawson and Anthony Pilkington.

Given our lack of defensive cover, Keane or another defender is a must. However regarding the rest of the team, I believe that we have the quality to challenge for promotion once we've 'trimmed the fat' (the likes of Etuhu, Cambell, Best, etc). Keeping Rhodes is an obvious must and doing so would give us, in my opinion, a strong squad.

I think a team next season like below would be a welcomed one:

Robinson

Keane - Killa - Hanley - Spur

Marshall - Evans - Cairney - Conway

Gestede - Rhodes

Given our lack of defensive cover, Keane or another defender is a must. However regarding the rest of the team, I believe that we have the quality to challenge for promotion once we've 'trimmed the fat' (the likes of Etuhu, Cambell, Best, etc). Keeping Rhodes is an obvious must and doing so would give us, in my opinion, a strong squad.

I think a team next season like below would be a welcomed one:

Robinson

Keane - Killa - Hanley - Spur

Marshall - Evans - Cairney - Conway

Gestede - Rhodes

Agree with this.

Hoping that Best and Goodwillie have shown enough to tempt someone into taking them if we don't ask for a fee. Hopefully DJ will be charged so we can cancel his deal. Etuhu is the one I can't see us shifting unless we pay-up his whole contract - which is 3 million we don't have.

Marcus Ollsson leaves in 2 months which I think is a good thing.

Agree with this.

Hoping that Best and Goodwillie have shown enough to tempt someone into taking them if we don't ask for a fee. Hopefully DJ will be charged so we can cancel his deal. Etuhu is the one I can't see us shifting unless we pay-up his whole contract - which is 3 million we don't have.

Marcus Ollsson leaves in 2 months which I think is a good thing.

Good God just look at the names in that post - doesn't the stench of Kean linger on.

Send back Feeney and Varney, sign Dabo on a 10 year deal and try and get Keane for one more season.

Let Blackpool have Goodwillie, Either use Bestas 3rd choice striker (who all of a sudden isn't a trouble maker at Sheffield Wednesday) or more likely let Sheffield Wednesday or someone else take him cheap if he can agree wages, try and find a way out of the DJ contract and bring in a 3rd striker.

Sell or more likely release Jake Kean, Josh Morris, Olsson and probably a few others. Taylor will probably leave and be a decent player for another championship side

An interesting one will be what we do with Dunn

Dont forget Simon Eastwood Tom M

How long did Team Kean give Hendry a contract for? been demoted to assistant Reserve coach so obviously Bowyer doesn't rate him but no doubt still on a first team coach salary, so savings to be made there.

Whose contract is running out this summer?

Dunn? Orr?

Current squad out of contact at end of season also Includes players at Rovers on loan http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/blackburn-rovers/kader-vertragsende/verein_164.html

and the U21's out of contract -

http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/blackburn-rovers-u21/kader-vertragsende/verein_9258.html

Next season's squad of players if no contracts are renewed and loans go back come back , and no additional players brought in etc

http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/blackburn-rovers/kader-zunkunft/verein_164.html

How long did Team Kean give Hendry a contract for? been demoted to assistant Reserve coach so obviously Bowyer doesn't rate him but no doubt still on a first team coach salary, so savings to be made there.

Also Includes players at Rovers on loan http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/blackburn-rovers/kader-vertragsende/verein_164.html

and the U21's out of contract -

http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/blackburn-rovers-u21/kader-vertragsende/verein_9258.html

If Dabo has a market value of £1.25m why isnt he getting a game.

I think we need a summer of more out's than in's , i don't think i need to add anymore names to who has already been mentioned , and if/when everyone is fit we've got a decent 1-11 although i was told a while ago Robinson could end up in MLS with an ex-teamate . A r/b is definately needed though , although i still maintain Lowe's better there than in midfield , i would still want to see that position filled on a permanent basis with a proper r/b , not just someone who can do a job there

If the wage bill needs to be cut (which it probably does) the likelihood is that Robinson will be offloaded.

Personally I wouldn't want to lose him but if he goes then Jack Butland on a season long loan should be brought in.

Try to get Keane in for the season and lose deadwood like Marrow, Ollsen and Morris. Sell Lowe while he's worth something and try to tempt Leicester with a bid for Drinkwater (they may try to buy better in that position for a season in the Prem) - he's a proper leader in midfield.

Boot out Best and Campbell along with Goodwillie and bring the lad O'Connell into the 1st team squad.

Huge work to be done in the summer in order to try to slash the wage bill - easier said than done!

Inevitable that there will have to be a number of Settlement Agreements which have been very costly for Rovers in recent times. The art of negotiation seems to have deserted Ewood.

Stark reality is we are financially up the creek. Just think, we need to sell about 6,000 season tickets just to pay Etuhu's wages.

You can't help but think that we may lose a couple that we don't want to.

• Backroom

In defence of the manager there you could say (and I imagine he has or will use it) that for the first time in a while we actually have a few we wouldn't want to lose and would generate a fee

First priority must be trying to offload some of the high earners who contribute nothing. Olsson would be a good start there. Tough decisions to take on Dunn and Robinson as well. We need a leader at the back and a leader in the middle if we are going to do anything next season and if we could only make 2 signings that is where I would be making them.

First priority must be trying to offload some of the high earners who contribute nothing. Olsson would be a good start there. Tough decisions to take on Dunn and Robinson as well. We need a leader at the back and a leader in the middle if we are going to do anything next season and if we could only make 2 signings that is where I would be making them.

Id offer Robbo and Dunny 12 month deals, if they want them. Robbo has certainly earned his since returning, and if you can get 20 or 60 minutes from Dunny in 20 games a season he's worth it.

Robbo is supposedly still got 12 months on his contract left after this week. he is on high wages so wouldn't be shock to see them try to sell him to cut the wages of him.

whether I would give Dunn a new contract is down to his fitness levels and his desire to play on.

we need a right back, experience Centre back, centre midfield and striker/winger with pace. plus maybe a new keeper if Robinson does goes.

but I expecting at least 10 to 15 players leaving including Goodwillie, Judge, Marrow, Rochina

• Moderation Lead

We'll do well to shift anyone that's not out of contract unless we pay them off, or at least that's just what seems to happen.

We need an emphasis on quality rather than quantity in the squad, god knows whether that will happen or not. I just hope we don't see a load of bizarre unnecessary loan signings next season in the mould of Cameron Stewart and Liam Feeney!

I hope we don't see too much change this summer, sure we want rid of players like DJ and co and not much point keeping the likes of Morris Olsen Marrow.

This season has seen a huge turnover of player, lots of good ones have come in like Cairney Conway etc but one of the reasons we haven't done better this season, and why we shouldn't be too harsh on GB, is that these new players need time to gel.

Obviously a new right back would be good, and one or two high quality additions, otherwiseI don't think we need to much.

Archived