BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfers - In & Out

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where did you get that from? Are you thinking of Keith Andrews?

I try not to think about Andrews if I can help it.

I see Evans as a decent all-rounder who puts himself about at both ends, rather than someone who'll just sit and guard the back four.

I can't see how Cairney and Evans would cope physically as a partnership. They are both tiny in a hoof and chase league. A conservative guess would be that in the average champ game each central mid contests a dozen headers from goal kicks and general terrible head tennis football..

Mourinho does it. Pellegrini does it. Rodgers does it. Fergie did it. Pretty much all teams do it. I doubt you can solely rely on four defenders flatly defending against all opposition attacks. What if you want your full-backs pushing up and they get caught on the counter?

So Stuart says Evans is a DM and Toppers says Evans is box-to-box midfielder. ^_^ My personal opinion is that Evans is a bit of an all-rounder but from what I've seen I wouldn't feel easy about him being our DM doing the donkey work. Lowe works hard at it and generally he's the best at our club in that position. But when partnered with Williamson they generally contribute to our worst performances.

I'd go with Toppers' lineup but I'd swap Evans for Lowe. It really would be a decent lineup capable of a promotion push. Who knows who we'll lose, though. And who we'll gain.

Coming back to championship management El Tombro, if any defender needs protecting in this league for Rovers then they need replacing.

Everyone in the team should be able to put a foot in and also do something with the ball other than going sideways, backwards. Otherwise your just limiting the teams capabilities, thus weakening the side, handicapping its chances of being successful.

Just seen that Craig Gordon (the forgotten goalkeeper) has had persistent surgery and injections and all sorts to solve that knee problem.

Good keeper who was incredibly unfortunate with injury. Could he be worth a little pay as you play contract if we decide to take Robbo off the books OR is that too much of a risk given the chuckle brothers are our reserve keepers?

Just seen that Craig Gordon (the forgotten goalkeeper) has had persistent surgery and injections and all sorts to solve that knee problem.

Good keeper who was incredibly unfortunate with injury. Could he be worth a little pay as you play contract if we decide to take Robbo off the books OR is that too much of a risk given the chuckle brothers are our reserve keepers?

Like you say, we are back on square one again if he gets injured.

Bit of a left-field suggestion but what about Jurgen Macho?

Experienced 'keeper, 36 years old but that's hardly ancient, and he's currently a free agent. Might be worth giving him a trial if Robbo's off to pastures new.

Wouldn't be surprised if we went after a couple of Leicester players. GB likes players that have experienced promotion. Maybe a couple more fringe players at Hull as well.

Reckon we should go for Scott Dobbie. He's a talented player, experienced in this league, cheap and available. Wouldn't be surprised at all if we went for him as a replacement for Rochina and Dunn.

Wouldn't be surprised if we went after a couple of Leicester players. GB likes players that have experienced promotion. Maybe a couple more fringe players at Hull as well.

Reckon we should go for Scott Dobbie. He's a talented player, experienced in this league, cheap and available. Wouldn't be surprised at all if we went for him as a replacement for Rochina and Dunn.

Scott dobie isnt good enough, Blackpool fans want to only sign him if they are relegated which says it all.

Danny Drinkwater is a quality operator at this level.

They won't sell him.

They'd be daft to do so. I'm just thinking they may spend big in CM and he may become surplus to requirements.

He'd certainly fill that 'leader' role that we crave in the centre of the park.

I think he will sign young players and ignore our need for experience to be honest.

That's sad, you just assume the worst. If you look at GB's record, in the summer he mostly brought in young players, in January he added more experienced players to the team - Gestede, Conway, Varney, Feeney. We might expect a little more experience this summer.

They'd be daft to do so. I'm just thinking they may spend big in CM and he may become surplus to requirements.

He'd certainly fill that 'leader' role that we crave in the centre of the park.

I don't think that Leicester would sell Drinkwater even if they sign a couple central midfielders. But if they do sign some then we could try for Matty James, he's not quite as good as Drinkwater but he would be a very good addition to our midfield

That's sad, you just assume the worst. If you look at GB's record, in the summer he mostly brought in young players, in January he added more experienced players to the team - Gestede, Conway, Varney, Feeney. We might expect a little more experience this summer.

None of them are leaders.

Guest Norbert

I've seen Christie a few times. He's a good attacking full back, though I do not know how he's been this season. Carl Baker is a pretty good midfielder too.

Looking at our squad it definitely needs a trim.

One of our biggest problems this season has been down to our inconsistent line up and that's not just due to injuries, it's due to how massive our squad is and how Bowyer utilises them.

Bowyer needs to look at the likes of Burnley who have often played the same 11 for numerous games and try to mould us in that same direction but also not overload us with wingers and central midfielders.

We need at least two players for each position so that we're not constantly making a make-shift team out of our squad.

Rochina should definitely be given one last try as he's proven himself a fair bit in Spain this year and with Dunn not being able to last games we need some creativity just behind our strikers.

Also, enough with the loans! Some have proven good, but it's frustrating when they are good knowing that we won't see them again next year. (Keane)

You would play Rochina behind 2 strikers? That would be suicide.

I think Rochina has had plenty of chances and never shown signs of being a team player, whereas Gestede and Rhodes have scored more goals per minute than Ings and Vokes. If Rochina is happy to be a squad player then I'd be happy to keep him, otherwise we may as well sell as we have much more productive alternatives.

I would like to cut out the loans too. 2 examples are Feeney and Varney who are shocking yet Judge and Best who can have an impact yet we are paying them to play elsewhere.

Agreed we need to ship out the likes of, Best, Goodwillie, DJ, Marrow, Rochina, Slew, Feeney, Dabo, Etuhu, Olsson, need to promote some of the youth players such as O'Connor, O'Connell.

Would also try and get Keane, and Kane back on Loan for next year.

Archived