BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfers - In & Out

• Backroom

Anyone else expect Taylor to leave and do decent elsewhere?

It's weird I feel he hadn't had a fair crack here but done well when he's had a chance

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's weird I feel he hadn't had a fair crack here but done well when he's had a chance

He is busy and works hard, perhaps hm and conway wide with cairney in the middle with one of willowe would work? Perhaps taylors tracking etc would compensate for the defensive stability willowe provide?

Wouldn't surprise me as he has drifted out of the starting 11 again. If he did go I'd like to see Bowyer bring back Aaron Doran very good young winger who has been playing very well for Caley the last couple of seasons. He also fits Bowyer's criteria as he is young and Bowyer will know him.

It's been suggested that we have got Varney on a similar deal to the one we got DJC on last year, ie loan and pre contract. Sincerely hope this isn't true as he is a poor player who has contributed nothing in the time he has been here. Seems like such a ridiculous thing to do to get someone on loan and yet commit yourself to bringing them in full time before you've even seen if they are any good. I'd prefer his brother Reg, at least he could drive the team bus.

• Backroom

Varney does have something to offer imo. He's the kind of sub I'd bring on to keep the ball in the corners and harass defenders.

Working well so far right? Right?

Johnny Williams please Mr Gary

Pulis has said he has a big future at Palace but on loan? Not impossible. We do have a lot of midfielders on the books now though.

OUT: Marrow, DJ, Etuhu, Best, Goodie, Varney all need to go.

IN: Keane, Rochina, Judge, Adam Clayton (hud), Baldock, Wilson (Cov)

LONG SHOTS: Ritchie, Asombalonga, Williams (loan), Lingaard (loan), Mcgoldrick

Pulis has said he has a big future at Palace but on loan? Not impossible. We do have a lot of midfielders on the books now though.

OUT: Marrow, DJ, Etuhu, Best, Goodie, Varney all need to go.

IN: Keane, Rochina, Judge, Adam Clayton (hud), Baldock, Wilson (Cov)

LONG SHOTS: Ritchie, Asombalonga, Williams (loan), Lingaard (loan), Mcgoldrick

Williams would be great but if we can't get him Clayton would be a good signing, comfortable on the ball, gets stuck in and scores some goals.

Who will sign them crap players we have?

We don't need attacking midfielders, in particular central ones. Surely it has become obvious that Cairney should be there?

Also, for the Rochina fans, he has made it clear that he wants regular football. Would you take out Gestede or Rhodes for him?

Sheffield Wednesday cannot afford anywhere near £35k a week or whatever he's on. Etuhu is still here, injured and getting older. DJ Campbell has been sent back because he is facing trial for match-fixing.

Some big problems there.

Might be a drop in the ocean but we get a few extra quid from palace for Dann now they have stayed up.

I was thinking Ollsson's contract being up in June was a big plus but it sounds like he did well today at left back.

With Best, if we let him go free maybe there will be scope for Wednesday to give him what would have been the fee to accept a lower weekly wage. Wishful thinking maybe.

Think we will be relying on Her Majesty to charge DJ so we can sack him.

If we want rid of Etuhu we will need to pay him off. Maybe a chunk now of slightly less than we will pay him in wages over the rest of his contract.

Work to be done!

Sheffield Wednesday cannot afford anywhere near £35k a week or whatever he's on.

I assume we could sell him to Sheff Weds (or whoever) but continue to cover a wedge of his wages for period of time? At least it would get him off the books, officially like.

Also, people saying Best hasn't rocked the boat at Weds. He's started the majority of games during his time there. He's a bit of a Big Time Charlie and couldn't handle playing second fiddle to Rhodes here.

assombalonga is a good shout as long as Peterborough don't go up, stevie may at st johnstone maybe if Rhodes leaves

I like the look of both of those. Stevie May looks like he has a lot of potential and Assombalonga has ripped league 1 apart this season.

• Backroom

Whilst we may not be able to shift some of our high earners I think we may try and shift some of the fringe players who we could find clubs for, I also think Robbo will be allowed to leave if he can find a club but a good replacement is essential.

I imagine its a summer of everyone has a price we just have to hope we aren't tested too much with some of our better players

I could see a newly promoted team fancying the likes of Cairney and Rudy, please not Burnley!

Will be interesting if someone comes in with 10 mill for Rhodes. Personally I would take it... Great finisher, but I think we could find a better team player.

I doubt anyone would give us 10m, but if so yes I agree. Look at our neighbours Rodriguez replaced by Austin, replaced by Ings and Vokes. On the other hand its just not that easy to always find a good replacement.

Hope GB moves for BlackPools Harrison McGahey ...what a player this lad looks....so composed and strong and has been outstanding each time hes played for Blackpool......

Star at Youth Level but hes taken the big step up like a duck to water.........Blackpool have a Gem there..

Always reliable Wiki says he's been already as a youth player. Never heard of him before.

Archived