BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Yeovil - Good Friday

When the penny drops with you that one can often look stupid commenting on things that you don't actually see. The above post is is one of them. Spurr got crocked after half an hour and Lowe went to RB.

Seeing that I missed the game, just how many forwarded passes played by Jason Or Williamson against the worst team in the league went into Jordan Rhodes feet for a goalscoring opportunity.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A total disaster of a result. Our chances of making the playoffs weren't great, but we still had an outside shot. But somehow in the last two games we have contrived to throw away a two goal lead and then draw at home with the worst team in the league. There's four points down ther pisser. And this has been our problem all season, lack of consistency. When we finally look like we are going to make a move up the table or are in a good position, we buck it out the window. Very disappointing.

One thing that is blatantly apparent in the team is the lack of pace. The game yesterday was not only frustrating to watch, but also boring. No quick change in play until Dunny came on and even then, a lack of width didnt open up Yeovil at all.

One area on the pitch Yeovil are vunerable is left back, McAllister is 35, slow and prone to a mistake. Bowyer opts to put a left footed CM on the right, which gave no threat at all. Not blaming Cairney, but surely King, or even Feeney would have been better.

I just hope Bowyer just goes for broke now and pushes Cairney into the middle with Evans. Nothing to lose in the final games now, give King or Feeney a shot on the wing to provide some old fashion crosses for the forwards. Might just give us some excitement....

After reading what you have said about Yeovil's left back it makes Fridays performance all the more infuriating. We chose to play nothing down the right whatsoever when from what you say it sounds like we could have had some joy. I remember when we played Donny at home and Marshall demolished their right back in the first half he was booked early, looked over weight and simply had a mare, in the second half we didn't once go down our left and they pummeled us. I could see it, surely our coaching staff did so why wasn't it acted on.

Still can't believe we didn't win this match.

I struggle more to comprehend how we didn't get 3 points v Sheff Wed!!

One thing that I do see as a major factor in our weakness at seeing games out is that once we have gained possession the speed at which we award said possession right back to the opposition. The old saying that 'if the opponents don't have the ball they can't score' certainly doesn't apply to us. As a Prem team we used to pass lower league opponents to death. Now instead of playing a vibrant 'pass and move' football on our toes we continually play flat footed football across the park before being closed down whereupon we inevitably get forward options stifled and end up turning it back to any defender who in turn simply turns possession into a less than 50:50 situation by lumping it long to Gestede or even worse a 99:1 ration if aimed at Rhodes.

Obvious exception being Dunny who is the only player that is quite comfortable playing that game.

I struggle more to comprehend how we didn't get 3 points v Sheff Wed!!

One thing that I do see as a major factor in our weakness at seeing games out is that once we have gained possession the speed at which we award said possession right back to the opposition. The old saying that 'if the opponents don't have the ball they can't score' certainly doesn't apply to us. As a Prem team we used to pass lower league opponents to death. Now instead of playing a vibrant 'pass and move' football on our toes we continually play flat footed football across the park before being closed down whereupon we inevitably get forward options stifled and end up turning it back to any defender who in turn simply turns possession into a less than 50:50 situation by lumping it long to Gestede or even worse a 99:1 ration if aimed at Rhodes.

Obvious exception being Dunny who is the only player that is quite comfortable playing that game.

Agree completely. I do hate the fact that we don't mind the ball. Our pedestrian style is a major frustration to me. We must be so easy to play against.

After reading what you have said about Yeovil's left back it makes Fridays performance all the more infuriating. We chose to play nothing down the right whatsoever when from what you say it sounds like we could have had some joy. I remember when we played Donny at home and Marshall demolished their right back in the first half he was booked early, looked over weight and simply had a mare, in the second half we didn't once go down our left and they pummeled us. I could see it, surely our coaching staff did so why wasn't it acted on.

Loads of teams have targeted our weak right back spot this season. We never seem to do that to any other team. Bowyer must put the fear of god into his team pre match.

Seeing that I missed the game, just how many forwarded passes played by Jason Or Williamson against the worst team in the league went into Jordan Rhodes feet for a goalscoring opportunity.

I'll accommodate you this time although I shouldn't cos you dont go to the game but prefer to make comment from pure assumption.

However......

None or at best one or two. Second half Lowe was free and in plenty of space numerous times down the right flank but successive players chose to look left or back and pass to players who were tightly marked.

Gestede is Rhodes best supply line these days but JR is too slow and too lightweight to benefit from flick ons. Most other passes to Rhodes are lumped long out of defence to his head and that is just a pointless exercise in handing possession to the opposition as he'd rather duck out / under / aside than challenge an opponent in the air.

Just catching up on the Football League show where Eddie Howe was a guest. He said that the reason they got picked off on the break and lost at home to Sheffield Weds is because at 2-2 they had told the players to go all out for a win.

I actually remember thinking on Friday that I would have preferred us to have thrown every man forward and subsequently lost than what I saw. I also find it strange that Yeovil didn't have a win or bust mentality in the final stages. Both teams seemed to settle for a useless draw

• Backroom

Surprisingly I thought Dunn was one of the biggest culprits when he came on he looked lazy and disinterested, hardly rushed over to take a weak corner late in injury time then tried to do too much when it came back to him rather than just putting the ball back in the box

Surprisingly I thought Dunn was one of the biggest culprits when he came on he looked lazy and disinterested, hardly rushed over to take a weak corner late in injury time then tried to do too much when it came back to him rather than just putting the ball back in the box

New contract extension agreed possibly?

He too was a culprit in giving the ball away. The only urgency seemed to be when they brought King but he'd of been better down the right side where there was plenty of room to operate in.

New contract extension agreed possibly?

or he has been told he not getting one already.

I'll accommodate you this time although I shouldn't cos you dont go to the game but prefer to make comment from pure assumption.

However......

None or at best one or two. Second half Lowe was free and in plenty of space numerous times down the right flank but successive players chose to look left or back and pass to players who were tightly marked.

Gestede is Rhodes best supply line these days but JR is too slow and too lightweight to benefit from flick ons. Most other passes to Rhodes are lumped long out of defence to his head and that is just a pointless exercise in handing possession to the opposition as he'd rather duck out / under / aside than challenge an opponent in the air.

Are you suggesting that the players didnt want to pass to Jason and that the management team allow this kind of slow, slow, slow, build up play to happen on a regular basis.

Just catching up on the Football League show where Eddie Howe was a guest. He said that the reason they got picked off on the break and lost at home to Sheffield Weds is because at 2-2 they had told the players to go all out for a win.

I actually remember thinking on Friday that I would have preferred us to have thrown every man forward and subsequently lost than what I saw. I also find it strange that Yeovil didn't have a win or bust mentality in the final stages. Both teams seemed to settle for a useless draw

Dunno about that, They'd just put on two strikers with fresh legs.

Are you suggesting that the players didnt want to pass to Jason and that the management team allow this kind of slow, slow, slow, build up play to happen on a regular basis.

I'm not suggesting anything. Just answering you as I saw it. If you had gone you wouldn't need to ask.

Loads of teams have targeted our weak right back spot this season. We never seem to do that to any other team. Bowyer must put the fear of god into his team pre match.

Exactly, many of the good teams in the division have got pace in their side to stretch the play. We have King and he's hardly played due to injuries etc.... This summer needs some investment in some pace, which would compliment the strikers and centre midfield duo of Evans and Cairney. You only need to look at Leicester this season with Dyer and Knockaert frightened the lives out of teams to see the benefit.

This must be what it's like to be savaged by Paxman

Chelsea must be rubbish, they lost to bottom of league sunderland! Threw away the title, just like how rovers failed to beat yeovil and blew play off chance.....these things happen and playing teams at the bottom at this time in the season are the hardest games!

But did Chelsea look they were trying at least.

One thing that is blatantly apparent in the team is the lack of pace. The game yesterday was not only frustrating to watch, but also boring. No quick change in play until Dunny came on and even then, a lack of width didnt open up Yeovil at all.

One area on the pitch Yeovil are vunerable is left back, McAllister is 35, slow and prone to a mistake. Bowyer opts to put a left footed CM on the right, which gave no threat at all. Not blaming Cairney, but surely King, or even Feeney would have been better.

I just hope Bowyer just goes for broke now and pushes Cairney into the middle with Evans. Nothing to lose in the final games now, give King or Feeney a shot on the wing to provide some old fashion crosses for the forwards. Might just give us some excitement....

Cairney in the middle? Go for broke? He has not done it yet and is not going to now. Expect defeat at brum too. This group simply has no desire to play at top level

Is it really harder to play the crap teams at home during the late stages of the season?

I'm not so sure Brighton will be quaking in their boots at facing the mighty Blackpool today.

Nailed on home win that today, if ever there was one. Lump on quick and take Brum with them as a double

Is it really harder to play the crap teams at home during the late stages of the season?

I'm not so sure Brighton will be quaking in their boots at facing the mighty Blackpool today.

Nailed on home win that today, if ever there was one. Lump on quick and take Brum with them as a double

^_^

Archived