BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boywer's Transfer Prowess

Andy

If we didnt have rhodes then I think the likes of Judge and Rochina could prosper playing off Gestede. Rhodes is such a difficult player to play with as you have to do all the physical side of the game on your own. Very hard if the way you play is facing goal rather than with your back to it.

Not knocking Rhodes, fabulous poacher, but he does need someone who will create space for him.

If we didnt have rhodes then I think the likes of Judge and Rochina could prosper playing off Gestede. Rhodes is such a difficult player to play with as you have to do all the physical side of the game on your own. Very hard if the way you play is facing goal rather than with your back to it.

Not knocking Rhodes, fabulous poacher, but he does need someone who will create space for him.

He can create space for himself.

What he and the team needs is a Dunny type central midfielder who can play the ball into him, sadly, Lowe and Willamson just arent this type of player.

I was having a look through some of Boywer's signings last night and although I'm overlooking some dodgy ones, the below are actually really impressive bits of business:

Spurr - free transfer, decent enough LB at this level and young enough to have resale value.

Kilgallon - preferable to Dann for me.

Evans - few hundred grand, good young player, big resale value.

Cairney - as above.

Marshall - approx £1m but young, promising and again, resale value.

Conway - few hundred grand, excellent start and offers us another dimension going forward.

Gestede - another for a few hundred grand, good start and scores goals. Another with resale value.

I know it's balanced out a bit by your Marrows, but the above players should make the spine of a good, young Championship team next season and all signed for less than what Jermaine Jones on loan for 6 months would have cost us.

Compared to all managers since Hughes, have we seen such value for the outlay?

Spurr - bang average, doesnt do a lot wrong but not exactly a threat going forwards in open play.

Evans - injury prone - you cant say a success when he's never fit.

Cairney - good

Marshall - at his level, not good enough to play inside, not fast enough to play on wing in PL

Conway - early days, good so far, possibly too lightweight for PL

Gestede - good

Then theres the 13 or so more (Songo'o, Marrow, Judge, Feeney, DJ, Taylor, Kane, Dabo etc). I said last summer that we needed 3 or 4 quality signings in key positions. Other people are still saying this in other threads on here now.

Spurr - bang average, doesnt do a lot wrong but not exactly a threat going forwards in open play.

Evans - injury prone - you cant say a success when he's never fit.

Cairney - good

Marshall - at his level, not good enough to play inside, not fast enough to play on wing in PL

Conway - early days, good so far, possibly too lightweight for PL

Gestede - good

Then theres the 13 or so more (Songo'o, Marrow, Judge, Feeney, DJ, Taylor, Kane, Dabo etc). I said last summer that we needed 3 or 4 quality signings in key positions. Other people are still saying this in other threads on here now.

Good job we're not in the Premier League then.

Archived