BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is Bowyer Right To Have A Go At Fans ?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

He uses the sh1te of the last three years to his advantage with all this stability talk, but blames the fans for not getting behind the team. The same fans who've had to put up with so much in this time.

There's nothing to get the fans out of their seats, no crunching tackles, no good shots, passes, goals, it's just all dull cautious football. He should be thanking his lucky stars every day he's got this job, it's only because we've got nutters for owners and no semblance of a board that he's in this position.

Always the victim Gary...

Never. Managers should never ever be negative about fans - regardless of the situation. Might sound ridiculous but its a line you don't cross, because it IS primarily a job for a manager to entertain such fans. Sadly didn't today - and it's a shame he said what he has.

The flip side says (and I have every right to say this as a fan) the crowd WAS absolutley terrible today. Obviously, a goal lifts any crowd and breaths confidence. We never got that. We had some chances but didn't do enough. To start booing after 20 odd minutes is an example of what I want to see less of at a football game. Stupidity incarnate, its beyond reality to spend money SUPPORTING a team then your time getting on its back.

• Moderation Lead

Booing is toxic, and whilst I would never do it myself, I understand why people do it, it's an easy way to voice displeasure.

It's become a reflex for a lot of our fans as we've had three and a half years of sh1te to deal with.

Thing is, there hasn't really been anything to cheer properly in that long, people are easily riled and it makes for an awful atmosphere on the terraces. So many fans arguing week in, week out, all damning indictments of this horrendous time period.

depends on whether you think we would have won today if we did get behind the team from k.o. instead of just turning up expecting to beat the likes of Yeovil

When we win it means we have scored at least one goal

When we score goals the fans have something to get excited about

When the fans get excited, they cheers and sing

When they cheer and sing the opposition fans are more likely to be quieter

This means the balance of the atmosphere swings in our favour

This translates to the players and they put that bit more effort in

This sometimes, not always means we score more goals

When we lose or struggle to draw, Bowyer blames the fans

I think he's bang out of order but where I particularly differ with Bowyer is that I think that the onus is on a bunch of professional athletes EARNING thousands of pounds a week to generate that *spark* and not the fans SPENDING hundreds of pounds a year (of money a lot of them can't really afford).

I don't think the fans have a right to complain. Especially when quote unquote GB says;

"Three more games of sheer excitement and twists for the fans. It is going to be entertaining"

:tu: :tu: :tu: I can hardly contain my excitement..................how about you guys?

Bowyer the fans do not expect to see half paced on the beach football in the current situation when there is a chance of the play offs.

The players doid not look interested from the start.

Bowyer can get lost with such cheap shots.

He did not have them up for thr game simple as......... that is not the fans fault.

Absolutely not and should have the decency to step down after it. Slowly starting to create an us and them sort of atmosphere between the players/manager & fans. Some fans wont forgive that and for many will be the final straw... That is the final straw for me.

Bowyer Out.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's working on the Kean methodology to keeping the owners sweet, they obviously hate Rovers supporters with the contempt they show, so probably buys him more time blaming the supporters

Absolutely spot on.

I don't think the fans have a right to complain. Especially when quote unquote GB says;

"Three more games of sheer excitement and twists for the fans. It is going to be entertaining"

:tu: :tu: :tu: I can hardly contain my excitement..................how about you guys?

Let's just say for one micro-second that he is right, with 3 matches left, there aren't going to be any more days like today where everyone above us drops points. Brighton were the big winners today, when it was in our hands for that title to be ours.

It's just so frustrating being so close and always so far away. It might have been easier if we had lost these last two games. We could start planning for next season.

I'll bet the clubs marketeers will be using your quote above in the season ticket sales - which might eventually be on sale "when we know which league we are going to be in".

Looking like Bumley are all set to go up tonight too - sickening what difference a decent manager can make over a decent coach.

There was nothing, absolutely nothing for any Rovers fan to get excited about today. This is the team that Bowyer has assembled that plays boring, sedate paced football. On one occasion today we went from our throw in the attacking third back to Robinson. For him to have a go at the fans insults the intelligence of each and every one of us. The pressure got to him today and it is his team, tactics and general play that should hurt him.

• Backroom

Absolutely disgraceful comments IMO if Kean had made them the torches would be being lit

Worse than that was robbos comments that the manager wanted to 'protect the point' if that hasn't been misquoted

Absolutely disgraceful comments IMO if Kean had made them the torches would be being lit

Worse than that was robbos comments that the manager wanted to 'protect the point' if that hasn't been misquoted

I thought the same too, Tom. What Robbo said was bad enough, what he didn't say was pretty telling too.

"It wasn't for lack of effort".

He may as well have said, our tactics were completely useless.

At any other club, today would be the beginning of the end for the manager. But then we had to wait for a know-nothing Malaysian football pundit to intervene despite several protests for the last manager who frequented the Pune flight on a regular basis. Maybe that's a pre-requisite for any prospective manager at Rovers, and why we have another one who calls the owner "Madame" and not "the owners".

Archived