BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Programme Fair

If you collect football programmes (or memorabilia generally) I'll have a stall at the Lancashire Programme Fair tomorrow, selling:

approx. 30 pre 1950 Rovers programmes

approx. 200 pre 1960 Rovers programmes

approx. 200 pre 1970 Rovers programmes

approx. 600 pre 1970 general league programmes

I'll also have various cup, European (both home and away, including Legia Warsaw - probably the most difficult to get), play offs, testimonials, etc along with the Rovers magazine c. 1995 to 1996 and finally some copies of the Pune v Rovers match from 2011.

If you come along, make sure to say hello.

:rover:

Lancs Fair

thanks to those who came down this morning and introduced themselves...a very busy morning, and hopefully the first of many fairs.

Don't forget, if you are looking to sell your collection of Rovers programmes, please contact me for a price.

thanks very much for anybody from here who has LIKED the page, which can now be found at https://www.facebook.com/ewoodprogrammeshop

Just uploaded 5 programmes from 1964 when Rovers competed in the International Soccer League in the USA, which also featured Bahia (Brazil), Hearts, Lanerossi (Italy), Werder Bremen.

Do any older members around remember this competition?

Does anyone know when Rovers first produced home programmes?

In my younger days I used to collect old Rovers programmes and I had a home programme v Huddersfield from 1922.

If you get hold of any older than 1930 you are very lucky,not many have survived the passing of time compared to other clubs ( both Sheffield clubs and Chelsea especially) and they are very,very rare.

I posted some pictures In my gallery if anyone is interested.

• 2 weeks later...

if this post isn't allow, please feel free to remove it.

Following on from the very success programme fair in Preston, I have decided to take a stall at the indoor market held at King Georges Hall this Sunday (11th) with well in excess of 1000 programmes for sale covering Rovers and other league clubs. The vast majority being from the 1950s and 1960s, however will also have some rarer programmes from the 1940s and a few pre WW2.

I also have 5 programmes from the International Soccer League that Rovers competed in, in 1964 over in the USA but not sure if these will be for sale yet.

Anyway, if you pop down, be sure to make yourself known and if you have any football programmes that you are looking to sell (from before 1970), bring them down - I might make you an offer!

Does anyone know when Rovers first produced home programmes?

In my younger days I used to collect old Rovers programmes and I had a home programme v Huddersfield from 1922.

If you get hold of any older than 1930 you are very lucky,not many have survived the passing of time compared to other clubs ( both Sheffield clubs and Chelsea especially) and they are very,very rare.

I posted some pictures In my gallery if anyone is interested.

I managed to pick up a home programme from 1920 against Manchester City last week, which is now the oldest home programme I have...

Thanks to everyone who came down to visit, browse and purchase programmes - reinforces our thought that there is a gap in the market and with programmes available from 'pocket money' prices, hopefully it can encourage the next generation of programme collectors.

:rover:

Archived