BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Will our attendances rise

What are your feelings regarding attendances next season at Ewood.

Is it me or is there a real possibility that a few MORE fans will return next season?

Here are the reasons why I believe they will-

• Feel good factor
  • 12 game unbeaten run
  • Venkys letter
  • Promising, exciting squad of players
  • Cheap ticket pricing policy (I hope) offering really cheap affordable for under 18's
  • The rise of Burnley (Fuels the fans passion)
  • The belief GB will add to strengthen certain areas of his squad whilst not being forced to sell his best players

For what it's worth, I feel we'll gain between 1-2000 which would rise dependant on how well we're doing.

So attendances would start around 14,000 and possibly rise to around 16-17000.

Similar to last season I think. We'll lose a few as usual but perhaps a few more will buy to balance it out. The letter won't make much difference I would'nt have thought. A few imaginative signings and an eye watering ST initiative would be the only things to boost them considerably from the off. Walk on prices in most areas aren't cheap so that puts a few off from going regularly.

Will depend how we start , think a lot of fans dont see much progress to be made , whilst Bowyer is in situ...

Just think , where Derby would be now , if they had potted Clough last June ?

Promoted already I suspect !

People should wait and view the situation once the summer transfer window closes and evaluate it from there to see if improvements had been made to the team and they were continuing on an unbeaten run.

Luke Varney's Jason Lowe's and Simon Eastwoods of this playing world arent going to win you many games.

Will depend how we start , think a lot of fans dont see much progress to be made , whilst Bowyer is in situ...

Interesting - most fans I talk to are happy GB has been retained and are looking forward to next season. All with season tickets intend to renew (unless a massive increase in cost - which may make them rethink) a few lapsed season ticket holders are talking of getting one this season.

I find that very hard to believe. The atmosphere at the last few games was so much better than it was a year ago. If we start next season as we finished last season then I can see attendances rising slightly. Can't see us regularly topping 15k but if we're in the promotion mix come March/April then you never know.

Depends how many of those thinking of renewing read this website I'd have thought. Chances are they'll probably take up fell walking, full time abject pessimism or suicide instead.

You are so right there. But remember, it is usually the negative feelings that drive people to the keyboards. Who is driven to type about things like optimism? ( apart from Mary Poppins!)

Good to see you back, by the way

Price will be important for us in that we miss a fair few games and there is not always someone to go on our tickets as my son works weekends and my daughter is going to be doing more 5 Live match reports from stadia around the country if they rewrite her contract to include them. So if it's not much more than single match tickets for matches we could attend, we will still get one for the convenience of it, but if it works out that over the season a ST would be significantly more then we won't. We intend to at the moment. Just need to see how much they are!

What are your feelings regarding attendances next season at Ewood.

Is it me or is there a real possibility that a few MORE fans will return next season?

Here are the reasons why I believe they will-

• Feel good factor
  • 12 game unbeaten run
  • Venkys letter
  • Promising, exciting squad of players
  • Cheap ticket pricing policy (I hope) offering really cheap affordable for under 18's
  • The rise of Burnley (Fuels the fans passion)
  • The belief GB will add to strengthen certain areas of his squad whilst not being forced to sell his best players
For what it's worth, I feel we'll gain between 1-2000 which would rise dependant on how well we're doing.

So attendances would start around 14,000 and possibly rise to around 16-17000.

Judging by the reaction to us signing Varney id say no, folks getting in their excuses early. Im sure if we do well though a few more might. Still stability might keep em away.

Depends how many of those thinking of renewing read this website I'd have thought. Chances are they'll probably take up fell walking, full time abject pessimism or suicide instead.

I'll plead guilty to the pessimist bit Bob. Strangely enough, I've had a short conversation with a couple of people who run the site about just that. Tell you what, I'll make you a genuine, public offer. You come back and start posting more often and I'll posting. That's a one for one, positive move for the site and for the many posters who hate the negativity. This isn't me trying to call you out or anything like that, it's just that I'm more than aware of the negativity and how it drives people away from the site. It would give me a real reason to stop bringing the site down and away from what it's intended for.

Pm me if you like.

Will attendances rise? Yes I think so, just a little.

Thing is we need a bit of negative stuff just to remind us that, despite improvements of a sort, all is not well with the good ship rovers. However, it's the constant sniping at the club and at one another just because someone sees a bit of positivity at times that wears most of us down. I used to be a regular here for years but now i pop in, have a look, post if i see anything really interesting but so much is just doom and gloom with no attempt to cheer good stuff accasionally - and that's not you den but a large number of our current regulars - that I find myself far more interested in restaurant recommendations on ICBINF than anything to do with football

I shall be buying my usual season ticket and my feeling is that sales will increase a bit but the signing of Luke Varney will put off a few who might otherwise have returned.

• Backroom

I think game on game it will go up slightly but the overall average won't be much different factoring in the loss of the bumper burnley attendance.

I can't see attendances going up in any significant way. From the lads I speak to that no longer go there's a feeling that whilst things are marginally better on/off the pitch the venkys remain and the brand of football we play is negative and isn't exactly going to get you out of your seat (eg Lowe/Williamson most of the season).

But the thing I feared would happen and has happen with people I know in that they have just found different things to do on a Saturday whether it's taking up golf, joining a local team, family time, pub, whatever. As one lad who used to do all home games and 10+ away games per season put it "I don't know how I ever had time to go rovers" and I think that's the biggest problem re attendances.

I'll plead guilty to the pessimist bit Bob. Strangely enough, I've had a short conversation with a couple of people who run the site about just that. Tell you what, I'll make you a genuine, public offer. You come back and start posting more often and I'll posting. That's a one for one, positive move for the site and for the many posters who hate the negativity. This isn't me trying to call you out or anything like that, it's just that I'm more than aware of the negativity and how it drives people away from the site. It would give me a real reason to stop bringing the site down and away from what it's intended for.

Pm me if you like.

Will attendances rise? Yes I think so, just a little.

Oh No need to quit.... If I'd have been a teenager in the 60's I'd have much preferred Dylan to say Cliff Richard!

We've had the letter from Myers/Venkys but I don't recall hearing anything from GB. You'd think on return from India there'd be a statement outlining our intentions and saying we are keeping our best players unless there is ridiculous offers etc. It's happened before but not yet this time, a tad worrying perhaps ? Maybe it's coming before ST's are announced, if not well.....

I can't see attendances going up in any significant way. From the lads I speak to that no longer go there's a feeling that whilst things are marginally better on/off the pitch the venkys remain and the brand of football we play is negative and isn't exactly going to get you out of your seat (eg Lowe/Williamson most of the season).

But the thing I feared would happen and has happen with people I know in that they have just found different things to do on a Saturday whether it's taking up golf, joining a local team, family time, pub, whatever. As one lad who used to do all home games and 10+ away games per season put it "I don't know how I ever had time to go rovers" and I think that's the biggest problem re attendances.

Negative brand of football? Our last 12 games:

4-3, 1-3, 2-4, 0-0, 3-3, 2-0, 2-0, 3-3, 2-2, 3-3, 1-1 2-4 with not one defeat.

The people who say "I've found other things to do" you can do all that stuff when we play away like you did when you had a ticket last time. Every supporter who was around for those last 12 games can't wait for next season and wouldn't dream of not renewing because of what they saw on the pitch. Those who weren't, well, they're just still making excuses...

The people who say "I've found other things to do" you can do all that stuff when we play away like you did when you had a ticket last time. Every supporter who was around for those last 12 games can't wait for next season and wouldn't dream of not renewing because of what they saw on the pitch. Those who weren't, well, they're just still making excuses...

Still that 0-0 game that grates slightly.....otherwise I'm reet positive!

I hasten to add those aren't my feelings as I've continued to go just trying to explain from the perspective of people I know who aren't going any more and why they won't be back. And yes those last 12 games were good (Yeovil aside) but judging over the course of a season if we're honest the football was at times pretty dreadful.

So just as I couldn't be convinced not to go anymore if there were 12 awful last games you'll not convince those who have lost their passion for the club because of 12 decent games. People have been badly betrayed by venkys and the point was trying to make is not enough has actually changed for those who have lost interest and find other things to do to be tempted back yet. The only way people will return is if we are top of the league and winning nothing else.

We might be able to keep a few hundred extra fans because Liverpool didn't win the league.

I guess it depends how we start the season. If we get on a roll then the 'push for 7th place promotion' marketing will reach fever pitch.

We might be able to keep a few hundred extra fans because Liverpool didn't win the league.

I guess it depends how we start the season. If we get on a roll then the 'push for 7th place promotion' marketing will reach fever pitch.

The only marketing required is price and success on the pitch.

Archived