BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Liverpool QF Replay - 8th April 2015

brfc-vs-lfc.jpg

We all know what's at stake but, despite the worries over ticket arrangements for the Semis, there's the small matter of Liverpool standing in our way first.

In some ways their heavy defeat yesterday is the worst thing that could have happened for us. They will be smarting and will have had a rocket up them. With some key players missing, such as Gerrard, Sturridge, Skrtel and Can, there is a danger of over-optimism from Rovers fans - although given our season I'm sure even the most enthusiastic will see us as firm underdogs. Those players who come in for Liverpool will be quality and potentially hungry to prove a point.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/183046-we-must-bounce-back-at-blackburn

At the same time there is pressure on Brendan Rogers to deliver some kind of success this season, and I know at least one Liverpool fan who believes that defeat to Rovers should mean that "heads must roll". Probably true, if a little arrogant.

But at the end of the day, it's 11 blokes against 11 blokes and there have been several examples in recent times of there being an outsider in the last 4.

Here's hoping this season it's us!

:rover:

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Head says they'll get the job done 2 nil this time despite a battling effort from us. Heart says we are going to go through in dramatic fashion. Things don't seem well in the Liverpool camp and if we can stay with them then the longer the game goes on anything can happen. A wounded Liverpool is a very dangerous beast though.

1 - 1 in normal time, then................

Sturridge came off the bench against Arsenal. Imagine he'll play some part.

If we try to close them down high up the pitch they'll go straight through us, we aren't Arsenal. Sit back, pack the midfield and hit teams on the break is how we've got this far. We need Rudy and/or King fit to have any chance i'd imagine. Rudy could have some joy against their CB's if we can get the crosses in.

Really looking forward to it, full house and should be a cracking atmosphere. COYB

Desperately needing Rudy & King to be passed fit for this game. Don't know where our outlet will come from otherwise.

King will be nowhere near match fit, but I guess you have to play him or do you? a big decision for a rookie manager.

Reminds me of the FA Cup game with the 'ball girl incident' I seem to recall both Garner and Sellers struggling with injury, Garner ended up scoring.

Looking forward to this, think we'll lose 0-2 but hey ho.

Tough game but I do fancy is especially if the King is back

Don't think my heart could cope with penalties

Seeing that reminded me of this game. Rovers v Chelsea Carling Cup

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/league_cup/8387299.stm

I was back for this game and it was bloody freezing, anyway that's my excuse.

Apart from the frostbite I found it an exiting game but sad to say sitting in the JW I lost the plot when Robbo did his late late flap- and that's with my being a big fan of Robbo still!

Anway after my tirade in Anglos Saxon I was talked to a bit sternly by a very polite steward and mutually agreed it was time I left. So what I thought with a penalty shoot out coming up - that's fine by me.

I went straight back from Ewood up the hill to the hotel thinking I would get to meet the gloating Chelsea fans I'd meet there earlier - nice bunch actually.

Walking into the bar the girls said 'well you must be happy but tone it down when the Chelsea lot get back' - so I just said......................ermmm......so...............................what was the score......

To be fair the Chelsea lot took it in good heart and beer helps.

We have a chance however small.

Will be nice to see a near capacity Ewood Park...it's been a while!

1-2

If it was boxing they'd say we have a punchers chance ! Sadly they're heavyweights an we are middleweights these days but can we punch above our weight just one more time ?

For the first time in months I am really looking forward to a game.

The team at Leeds gave me heart. The positive team spirit was clear to see at Elland Rd and I expect the players are up for it.

We have nothing to lose but play our hearts out for 90+ minutes.

Come on lads and make us proud win, lose or draw.

LOVE ROVERS, HATE VENKYS.

For the first time in months I am really looking forward to a game.

The team at Leeds gave me heart. The positive team spirit was clear to see at Elland Rd and I expect the players are up for it.

We have nothing to lose but play our hearts out for 90+ minutes.

Come on lads and make us proud win, lose or draw.

LOVE ROVERS, HATE VENKYS.

Yes, that's all I want!

Bowyer needs to get at the em and really go for it from the word go NOT SIT BACK as they'll punish us.....in reallity this is all Liverpool have left to play for and cant see them lacking the final ball like they did in the 1st game

Liverpool have a bit of disarmonay at the moment with the Sterling situation a couple of injuries and come after a bad defeat

Just go for it its a one off game nothing to lose

It's a crucial game in our season, so far GB record in games that really matter is very poor. Has he got the bottle to throw king in and just give it a right good go with Rudy flicking em on etc. will the occasion get to him and he goes ultra defensive, sit right back and get battered for 90 mins......interesting

We could do with a song aimed at Sterling, put him off his game.

I remember Beckham getting subbed just after half time at Ewood. He lost his rag after relentless barracking from the Rovers fans.

You're just a greedy Scouse @#/?!

We could do with a song aimed at Sterling, put him off his game.

I remember Beckham getting subbed just after half time at Ewood. He lost his rag after relentless barracking from the Rovers fans.

Something based on the hard guy who knocks his woman around perhaps?

Archived