BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Liverpool QF Replay - 8th April 2015

• Moderation Lead

It was a simple observation, backed up with a horses mouth account that summed up Bowyer well. That was all.

It's just it's been going on for ages and it's boring.

Eastwood went up and nearly made himself a hero, but he didn't. Is it relevant if he ignored Bowyer's instructions and acted on his own steam? I can't imagine the reaction if he'd scored....

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Eastwood went up and nearly made himself a hero, but he didn't. Is it relevant if he ignored Bowyer's instructions and acted on his own steam? I can't imagine the reaction if he'd scored....

Isn't this the second time Eastwood has gone up against Bowyer's instructions? I'm sure this happened before...

• Moderation Lead

Isn't this the second time Eastwood has gone up against Bowyer's instructions? I'm sure this happened before...

I've no bother with 'keepers trying to make themselves heroes, it rarely leads to them scoring but it always causes confusion amongst opposing defenders.

I can't remember any other occasions myself, but not disputing it has happened.

• Backroom

I'll clear this up, not that it really matters.

Eastwood was slowly jogging up as if to say can I go? Bowyer waved him on then held his arm out at the half way line, as if to say stop there... Eastwood didn't see that, he just saw the first gesture which was get forward.

Stuart it's irrelevant, unimportant. Bowyer motioned him forward. I watched Eastwood run up but didn't see Bowyer tell him to stop.

It makes no difference to anything. If Eastwood confirmed it that's fine. I haven't seen or heard that.

I'll clear this up, not that it really matters.

Eastwood was slowly jogging up as if to say can I go? Bowyer waved him on then held his arm out at the half way line, as if to say stop there... Eastwood didn't see that, he just saw the first gesture which was get forward.

End of discussion.

I remember breaking my arm & wrist and tearing ligaments and tendons offafter Brad scored at Charlton and they scored .Result arm/wrist rebuilt.

I was @#/? off sat at home when they went up the other end and won the game, you must have been suicidal Abbey!!

He nearly scored which is the point. He was no use in your own box for that last corner and if Bowyer did tell him to stay back then what was he trying to preserve? A 1-0 loss instead of possible 2-0? If so why?

• Moderation Lead

He nearly scored which is the point. He was no use in your own box for that last corner and if Bowyer did tell him to stay back then what was he trying to preserve? A 1-0 loss instead of possible 2-0? If so why?

I don't know, you'll have to ask Bowyer. But he went up anyway and nearly scored. We had 10 other players in the box at that time anyway!!!

• Backroom

He did it with Steele, can't remember what game it was but recently we were losing and had 3 corners in injury time, each time Steele screamed and bowyer said no.

On the fourth corner he didn't even asked just went straight up for it.

I watched closely each time and couldn't believe it

He did it with Steele, can't remember what game it was but recently we were losing and had 3 corners in injury time, each time Steele screamed and bowyer said no.

I'll vouch for that! Not sure who we where playing, but we where attacking the Darwen End. Steele was furious.

Think what the two games showed is when they can be bothered they have the ability - this is refreshing given what has been on offer for the last 4 years and as many have questioned is why we can't do it more often - this lies with Bowyer ( and no I am not and have never been a fan)

For me * Marshall is the box to box midfield player we are crying out for and should be in the middle of the park - if only he could/would show the determination/desire and effort to go with his ability

Rhodes is wasted up front as a sole 'workman' - give him his dues he huffed and puffed and worked as much as I have seen him do up front but there is a different between 'challenging'/ making a proper effort to challenge for a ball - he should have buried the header and done better with the one on one with Toure.

We have the basis for what for me should be the pinnacle for any team should be built on - a good back bone which for the Championship bar midfield we certainly have

Decent keeper , 2 decent CB, CM questionable , Striker (2 of the best at this level)

Agree with Joey BN re the midfield and it being a winger(s) required as I believe we have an adequate already in place for CM as above *

Need to work with what we have got given the limitations and restrictions but use them in the correct way - not the way Bowyer does and his continuous swapping - number of times people post on here ' I hope Bowyer learns ... etc ' tells its own story - as he simply doesn't- hence the need for him to be potted (along with Venkeyskum)

Overall a good effort and a case of what could have been given a little more belief and determination -given that Liverpool's back line poor especially without Skrtel

For starters I wouldn't be talking about needing another 2 or 3 windows to build my team just before FFP kicks in! In business and all of life circumstances give you/dictate time frames and you have to act within them.

blueboy surely a manager is not completely separate from finances. Surely Bowyer had a budget for his players and had some say on that - how much needed to be spent or how many players he thought he needed. To say Bowyer had nothing to do with finances, especially seeing the power he has, is a bit of a stretch.

thenod - it doesn't help at all does it having those players on those contracts. however what would have helped bowyer is picking a style and buying players who fit and suit that vision. certainly by last summer at the very latest, if not january that had to be the case rather than our scattergun approach. i think it would've also helped to ensure adequate cover in each area as oppose to being weak in numbers in some areas strong in others, even if both strategies meant missing out on the odd player with potential.

Ask them how much Bowyer spent on Marshall. They like to ignore the fact that Bowyer spent £1mill on an inconsistent, unfit winger that he can't bring the best out of. Not forgetting a similar amount on Duffy (yes I'm including add-ons)... Plus numerous useless players on £10k a week contracts.

They use the "our squad isn't good enough" argument to defend our league position under Bowyer, then follow it up by praising his recruitment... Quite contradictory don't you think?

• Backroom

Ah, thanks, I wasn't going crazy after all :) very strange situation.

Ah, thanks, I wasn't going crazy after all :) very strange situation.

My fault I started all the Clint up or not debate after a mate listening at work on the radio text me saying 'typical GB not even wanting his keeper going up for an equaliser in the last seconds' as they'd said on the radio it appeared Eastwood had ignored Bowyer. SE himself has said in his interview that the boss waved him forward but to stop halfway but he misread it (so he says).

The reason for the moan from my pal is that it has happened before with Steele where he was bawling to go up but GB said no much to the annoyance of everyone who saw it including Steele. Not that it matters now really but that should end it :tu:

The point is Paul, is that it's a discussion point on a discussion forum. It grates when people say, "stop talking about that" or "I'm bored with it now".

If people don't like the debate, ignore it and move along, or create a new debate. :)

It's not just the GK's. When defending corners 99% of the time we leave nobody up. It's not just negative, it's very poor tactically. Where's the outlet? How are we meant to retain possession?

Your absolutely right just as it was right for the keeper thing to be mentioned because it just highlights what we are up against week in week out with such an ultra cautious manager. That's not a veiled dig at him it's a genuine concern of mine and others. Ours eyes don't deceive us week in week out. Little things like that make a big difference over a whole season.

blueboy surely a manager is not completely separate from finances. Surely Bowyer had a budget for his players and had some say on that - how much needed to be spent or how many players he thought he needed. To say Bowyer had nothing to do with finances, especially seeing the power he has, is a bit of a stretch.

I find it odd that the Bowyerista's claim with one breath that he was responsible for bringing down the wage bill and then say with the another that he has nothing to do with finances.

You couldn't make it up. But somehow they do :blink:

Think what the two games showed is when they can be bothered they have the ability - this is refreshing given what has been on offer for the last 4 years and as many have questioned is why we can't do it more often - this lies with Bowyer ( and no I am not and have never been a fan)

For me * Marshall is the box to box midfield player we are crying out for and should be in the middle of the park - if only he could/would show the determination/desire and effort to go with his ability

Rhodes is wasted up front as a sole 'workman' - give him his dues he huffed and puffed and worked as much as I have seen him do up front but there is a different between 'challenging'/ making a proper effort to challenge for a ball - he should have buried the header and done better with the one on one with Toure.

We have the basis for what for me should be the pinnacle for any team should be built on - a good back bone which for the Championship bar midfield we certainly have

Decent keeper , 2 decent CB, CM questionable , Striker (2 of the best at this level)

Agree with Joey BN re the midfield and it being a winger(s) required as I believe we have an adequate already in place for CM as above *

Need to work with what we have got given the limitations and restrictions but use them in the correct way - not the way Bowyer does and his continuous swapping - number of times people post on here ' I hope Bowyer learns ... etc ' tells its own story - as he simply doesn't- hence the need for him to be potted (along with Venkeyskum)

Overall a good effort and a case of what could have been given a little more belief and determination -given that Liverpool's back line poor especially without Skrtel

I agree that Marshall is best central as he is like Dunn in that he thrives when he can go either way and take players on and can strike the ball well. His crossing is not that great, nor is he very pacy, which weakens him as a winger.

However he is - again like Dunn - a player who drives forward and much prefers the final third to the middle third of the pitch. I can't see him in the centre of a four man midfield unless we go for a diamond and he is on the point. Could work with Spearing at the base but then it does have a major impact on width and I'm not sure our other players suit it.

In my opinion as all our strikers are jumping ship Marshall could end up playing off Brown in a 451 like Dunn did for a while off Di Santo in the prem. That said we must replace Gestede, Rhodes and King with quality to mean that is an option rather than a necessity.

And who is to say that if Eastwood hadn't been in the box - it would have fallen to Rhodes who would have buried it ? We will never know whether it was a good or bad decision - as there are so many permutations.

Archived