BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Liverpool QF Replay - 8th April 2015

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At best I'm nervous. And that worries me because it means there is belief that we have a chance. I had no nerves against Swansea or Stoke because I expected to lose.

The idea of confidence is a false one. It ignores reality and recent home games.

My biggest worry is that Bowyer will pick Hanley to start and everyone's spirits will be dampened by that 'oh' moment.

All eyes will be on the selection. We have picked attacking line-ups for the last two and been successful. When we have been cautious and defensive we have slipped up.

On Wednesday I just want to be proud to be a Rover. The fans can impact that as much as the players.

This is what worries me, he seems to have wrapped 'the big guy' in cotton wool recently.

We didn't punished in the 1st game tho did we?

all the pressure is on them.

I would play King on the left wing and Gestede up front if both are fit.

My team would be:- Steele; Henley, Baptiste, Kilgallon, Olsson; C.Taylor, Cairney, Evans, Williamson, King; Gestede.

the onus is now on us to get in their faces ASAP as moral isnt the best at Annfield at the moment

Is Hanley fit?

I'm just excited to see Ewood Park full again if I'm honest. I hope the massive logo flag makes an appearance in the Blackburn End too! We got so much stick for our attendances in the FA Cup recently.The Swansea, Stoke and even the City home games really showed how far we'd fallen!

In terms of the game, I can see Gestede starting,

with King coming on for the last 20 minute or so, running Toure absolutely ragid. I just hope we're still in it by that point.

I can see it now though... Last minute penalty from a blatant dive, sending them to Wembley. To top it off the 'Get Gerrard to Wembley' banners appear. I feel sick now thinking about it 😂!

This is what worries me, he seems to have wrapped 'the big guy' in cotton wool recently.

Just imagine if Bowyer has been saving 'The Warrior' for this game, at the expense of Baps or Killa.

• Backroom

If you believe Facebook Hanley was out on the lash at weekend, told people he was out of the game then proceeded to do kick ups with chewing gum to impress the lasses

If you believe Facebook Hanley was out on the lash at weekend, told people he was out of the game then proceeded to do kick ups with chewing gum to impress the lasses

he'd have to do something to impress them as I doubt his looks would

The game will come down to how well the midfield can protect the back four. At Anfield they never got behind us and we have to make sure they don't get behind us on Wednesday. If they get behind us regularly, we'll lose the game. We have to defend deep enough to deny them space behind, but not that deep where were pinned into our own area for long periods. Force 'em to pass sideways, frustrate them and chances for us will come.

It's a tough order. Very tough.

Seen him in action before in the Whittle Le Woods area !

Ben Marshall was in Rio's by all accounts on Friday night, almost got a slap, not sure of the details.

• Backroom

I was critical of Marshall in summer as he has a bit of a history and his Instagram account just showed him on the lash all summer - he then went on an amazing run of form and made me look a muppet (not hard)

Seems they are always close to imploding somehow, a Ched Evans situation could easily be manufactured (not saying that one was I don't know), hope they keep their wits about them.

No excuses for drinking as a professional footballer in the 21st century - especially during the season, if allegations are proven to be true. It would set the tone for a holiday camp culture if such players continued to be picked for the team.

Contract requirement number one should be that players agree to be in the best possible condition between July and May, inclusive, every season. By all means have June off and enjoy yourself but I'd expect you to be back and ready to get fit again at the start of pre-season.

These guys are highly paid (so-called) professional athletes and should be able to put their physical fitness ahead of boozing.

Seen him in action before in the Whittle Le Woods area !

So have I and plenty others, not difficult seeing as he's a @#/? pot. Won't be long before he gets in lumber of some sort. I hope we get rid in the summer and use the cash to sign up Killa/Baps as first choices, get Duffy fit and bring in another young centre half with a bit of potential and an ambitious professional attitude instead of this tit.

No excuses for drinking as a professional footballer in the 21st century - especially during the season, if allegations are proven to be true. It would set the tone for a holiday camp culture if such players continued to be picked for the team.

Contract requirement number one should be that players agree to be in the best possible condition between July and May, inclusive, every season. By all means have June off and enjoy yourself but I'd expect you to be back and ready to get fit again at the start of pre-season.

These guys are highly paid (so-called) professional athletes and should be able to put their physical fitness ahead of boozing.

Couldn't agree more. I don't know what annoys me about it more, Hanley being completely unprofessional or the club letting him get away with it.

We have to score first, preferably in the second half. If we do that we will win. In their faces, niggly fouls on half way and get Rudy up front. Looking forward to waking up Thurs morning and planning a trip home for the final! (Aston who?)

Couldn't agree more. I don't know what annoys me about it more, Hanley being completely unprofessional or the club letting him get away with it.

I don't know what to make about players out drinking. It's one of those where if things are good then they can get away with it more but when hanley for eg has had the atrocious season he's had keeping his head down probably the best bet. I saw Dunn and Marshall in that new bar in Whalley on Saturday after leeds game they didn't seem to be "on it" as such but were probably drinking but I wasn't too interested in speaking to them for closer inspection.

Perhaps they deserved a celebratory drink after the team they played for had a solid win at bellend road as every normal rovers fan who likes a drink would but when you earn in a week what the every day fan earns in a year I really do expect footballers to be judged by higher standards than the average bloke on the street. May be harsh but it's what I think purely because of the vast money they are on they should be taking professionalism to extremes.

• Moderation Lead

Ben Marshall was in Rio's by all accounts on Friday night, almost got a slap, not sure of the details.

I don't want to be THAT guy, but do you mean Saturday? As being out Friday would be fairly unprofessional even for our players!

The excitement is building!

Heard Bowyer (or Bauer as the numpty Alan Brazil called him) on TalkSport this morning.

He mentioned Rudy and Josh King so hoping they are both available. Although he didn't give away too much, I'd expect a 4-4-1-1 approach once again, particularly early on.

A bit quiet on the injury updates! Conway? Eastwood? Hanley? King? Gestede? Brown? C.Taylor? All available? All unavailable?

I expect given those cup tied/inelligble/injured/not 100%

Steele

Henley - Baptiste - Kilgallon - Olsson

Marshall - Williamson - Evans - Cairney

Rhodes

Gestede

Archived