BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Life under Venky rule

The whole Newcastle myth is perpetuated by the media far more than their own fans.

'Geordie Nation'

'Most passionate fans in the land'

'The fans would rather lose 4-3 then grind out a win'

Total nonsense, of course, they get big gates because they are a one club city with a massive region to draw from, good for them, but it also means they 'should expect better'.

Blackburn Rovers fans should have been delighted to just be there.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole Newcastle myth is perpetuated by the media far more than their own fans.

'Geordie Nation'

'Most passionate fans in the land'

'The fans would rather lose 4-3 then grind out a win'

Total nonsense, of course, they get big gates because they are a one club city with a massive region to draw from, good for them, but it also means they 'should expect better'.

Blackburn Rovers fans should have been delighted to just be there.

Can you imagine what the reaction would have been in the media had Ashley done up there exactly what Venkys did to us ? At least he did sensible stuff when they went down and got them straight back up.

• Moderation Lead

Good programme on last night, lifting the lid on Ashley's 'SportsDirect'... Don't think I'll be spending money in there again !

Looking forward to watching that, missed the start and then it clashed with Game of Thrones by the time it was on +1!

Not too sure if anyone has seen today Daily Mail, but I have pasted a couple of paragraphs below. If the letter is doing the rounds, it must be available somewhere. I wasn't aware of it, but it does look like Venky's are trying to take Kentaro to task. Who knows, it might be Kean and Anderson next!

Sam Allardyce's future as manager of West Ham is subject to much speculation at a time when an extraordinary letter sent by lawyers acting for Blackburn Rovers owners Venky’s to football agency Kentaro’s legal representatives is still doing the rounds.

The letter, from December 22, 2011, makes numerous disputed claims about Kentaro’s involvement in Blackburn after Venky’s bought the club the previous year. Among other things, it alleges that it was Kentaro who persuaded the new Indian owners to sack Allardyce and replace him with Steve Kean, a client of Kentaro’s agency partners SEM.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3059818/ECB-head-selectors-James-Whitaker-facing-exit-door-new-director-cricket-announced.html#ixzz3Yi02jWZy
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Interesting stuff. Hopefully things will begin to flow, it's usually the case that things like that come out as a by product of another matter. If they really have been shafted I hope they are going to bite back, sit back and watch the heads roll............

Having now read it sadly it just sounds like another smoke and mirrors blame shifting exercise similar to the Berg fiasco. :(

Interesting stuff. Hopefully things will begin to flow, it's usually the case that things like that come out as a by product of another matter. If they really have been shafted I hope they are going to bite back, sit back and watch the heads roll............

Having now read it sadly it just sounds like another smoke and mirrors blame shifting exercise similar to the Berg fiasco. :(

I wouldn't be to sure, the India way is slowly slowly catchy monkey

I wouldn't be to sure, the India way is slowly slowly catchy monkey

I hope your right. Seeing as this has supposedly been floating around since 2011 I'm surprised it's only just made the news. Although it has been said on here coco dictated the terms of his own contract. Sounds like dastardly and muttley were operating under everyones radar. I wonder who they were dealing with at the Venky end though.

I hope your right. Seeing as this has supposedly been floating around since 2011 I'm surprised it's only just made the news. Although it has been said on here coco dictated the terms of his own contract. Sounds like dastardly and muttley were operating under everyones radar. I wonder who they were dealing with at the Venky end though.

They maybe had free reign for a while

It is rather strange that the letter is doing the rounds, but no one has seen it. Kamy, perhaps you could check with your contacts to see if it is available, or exactly what it says. I would love the agent and all his connections to cop for it.

Hope we get to see the letter but it doesn't really add up;

Yes, they were probably pursuaded to sack Allardyce and replace with Kean.

But why keep Kean on for so long when he was obviously dragging the club down? Unless of course, they weren't in control of the club during that time, which would be a breach of the rules.

Call me whatever you want but I don't understand what us has to do with West Ham.....

Why is a letter doing the rounds now?

But why keep Kean on for so long when he was obviously dragging the club down? Unless of course, they weren't in control of the club during that time, which would be a breach of the rules.

We know answer of this already- Kean was chosen by the agents, and they only wanted us running a 10% steal and run game. The owners probably had little say on Keans contract because they'd paid SEM to run the club...

Hope we get to see the letter but it doesn't really add up;

Yes, they were probably pursuaded to sack Allardyce and replace with Kean.

A complete assumption, but if he effectively wrote his own contract, then a big pay off was probably in there. Lets face it, he made a killing by simply resigning.

A complete assumption, but if he effectively wrote his own contract, then a big pay off was probably in there. Lets face it, he made a killing by simply resigning.

And posters still have the nerve to compare him as a manager, coach and person to GB. Makes me sick when I think of that bald @#/? licking his lips. If I knew I could get away with it, he'd be one of the few that would get a good kicking...

Call me whatever you want but I don't understand what us has to do with West Ham.....

Why is a letter doing the rounds now?

We know answer of this already- Kean was chosen by the agents, and they only wanted us running a 10% steal and run game. The owners probably had little say on Keans contract because they'd paid SEM to run the club...

Just blame shifting. It'll be over money, maybe good old tantric dancer had over his Kentaro buddies as well.

J Biz, I don't think it has anything to do with West Ham, the author was just leading in to the story by Mentioning Allardyce. Probably, due to the fact that the letter, is alleging that Kentaro suggested to Venky's that the sack him!

Archived