BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Rao's : We need a statement of intent for next Season.

So Just what are your expectations for next Season fellow Blues? Will our much maligned owners engage their thoughts and wishes with us?

Do they care enough? Will targets be set or will we just bumble on as we are,a ship without a rudder simply drifting along in the Chumpionship sea of mediocrity?

Club debt grows and we are losing supporters,God only knows we deserve answers as Season Tickets are to be sold.*Cough*

Oh and by the way Madame D....the Parachute payments run out next season too.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Just what are your expectations for next Season fellow Blues? Will our much maligned owners engage their thoughts and wishes with us?

Do they care enough? Will targets be set or will we just bumble on as we are,a ship without a rudder simply drifting along in the Chumpionship sea of mediocrity?

God only knows we deserve answers as Season Tickets are to be sold.*Cough*

Oh and by the way Madame D....the Parachute payments run out next season too.

I believe that payment to have already been borrowed against.. I really do feel next season is going to be one big season we have to go up... My worry is if we don't go up next season what will the loons do.. Possibly pull out..

'We are happy to let Gary and Derek continue to plod along in a stable manner whilst everything is going as fine as they tell us. We enjoy this game of Blackburn Rovers Russian roulette and hope you do to. P.S Gaz & Deggs don't call us we'll call you'.

Don't think that'd help matters but it's the truth :blink:

It's very simple, if we want a statement of intent from the owners, appoint a supporters spokesperson, draft a supporters letter and refuse to purchase season tickets, until some sort of dialogue is forthcoming. I am sure Blackpool supporters wish they had done this last season. The supporters need to make a point to the owners and we are in a position, now that season tickets are about to go on sale.

Fail to do this and we fail the team, in my view.

Not sure that I understand the question. Is it, what are our expectations of the owners' intentions? Or our expectations and the owners intentions.

Our expectations - next season we will plod along with Gary doing what he has done since he started. Doing his best and giving it a right good go. A top half finish will be a great achievement from a football point of view and simply add to the concern over debt whilst under a continued embargo. If we want to get out of the embargo then we have to sell all of our players and bring in Blackpool's squad. If we intend to keep going as we are, racking up debt to pay the wages for the current squad then embargo and FFP needs to stop being used as an excuse. On this score, we are where we are because we deserve to be. Confused owners, impotent board and "novice" manager.

Owners intentions- good luck with that one. I have no idea why they are still here. Tell us what their plans are? Mrs D's plans cupboard seems about as full as Old Mother Hubbard's!

I feel next season is going to be pretty much a carbon copy of this season. Nowhere near were we need to be, nt really threatened with relegation. Win a few , lose to many home games against " weaker opposition" and draw the rest after being two goals up. The problems of last season were not addressed and throughout this season no attempt to rectify them either. With big names more than likely leaving a fear it make take a few years treading water before we see any improvement. On the plus side we may get to see a few home grown talents coming through. After watching a number of u21 games this season there are couple of kids that look potentially decent but are a mile away from the first team. O' Sullivan and Raya the only ones ready to compete for a first team place imo

I hope they tell us they've had enough, having destroyed the football club, ruined enough people's lives and businesses and are sodding off back to Pune never to be seen again.

• Backroom

Not interested in hearing any statements from Venky's. Why would I listen to the words of people who have proven to be utterly untrustworthy?

Actions speak louder than words. If they keep Bowyer and we lose our best players we will know exactly where we stand.

• Moderation Lead

We won't get one though. As DE say, actions speak louder than words.

Even if we did get one, they'd probably say they were confused again....

No, we do not need a statement of intent from these people. They have long since forgotten where Blackburn is on the map, let alone the piece of document that says they own a football club there. What we need is to get rid of these people by all means necessary.

The message is this:

Get your act (finally!) together and appear like you give a toss.

If not pack your bags,take the debt YOU have accrued with you and in the name for God put us in the hands of people who have the best interests of Club and Town at heart.

There won't be a statement from these people so we will still be going on week to week with no clear direction...

They don't attend games, we hear nothing all season, even from a newly appointed director of communication...

Bowyer will still be here and as per his aftermatch on the pitch comments of "we will give it a right good go" when asked about the new season ahead we should have more of the same of this year to look forward to...

We have been so wasteful this year and with an anticipated weaker squad for the new season I can't see us having a better opportunity to go back up than the last couple of years...

Despite all that, I would love to hear something from the owners about their plans, all it takes is for them to make small changes, build those bridges, it isn't too late...

On the other hand, the fans have it in their grip to make their own statement of intent.

Some people would say if you don't like what's happening, then don't go - and if you do go, then stop bloody whinging.

It's an option.

My expectations next year are that we will lose one or both of Rhodes / Gestede so we will bumble along similar to this season but scoring fewer goals, smaller crowds and more frustration for supporters.

A league position between 9th and 14th I'd guess. However at this stage it's all guess work until we see exactly what our squad looks like etc.

Here is the statement:-

Dear supporters/gullible idiots

We would like to thank you for your magnificent support this season, we have seen that ewood has been a sellout all season thanks to the video images we have been getting beamed backed to pune, (we do play at old trafford dont we?)

Next season we will strive to make at least the playoffs because our great, nice, kind freindly, spineless manager told us so, this season hasnt been a complete failiure because we have made an increase in value on some of our players so the good news is they will be sold in the summer to fund the new swimming pool we are having fitted in the back yard (well we didnt say it was good news for you) we were also awarded a trophy for finishing as champions for 8th place though there seemed to be a £2.50 sticket on it from tesco when gary handed it to us, he assures us its genuine.

Gary will be manager next season so he can continue his good work, we seem to be making steady progress (not stability) and he assures us that we should be promoted in 2025 as long as he has 16 more transfer windows to bring in another15 wingers and 10 central midfielders but he believes we don't need defenders as we have enough goalkeepers to cover it.

We have frozen season ticket prices for next season with the promise of promotion or bust (we are putting more emphasise on bust)

We will make a few trips over next season preferably when its not winter, its always nice when fans stand outside the ground before the game shouting things at us as we are sat in our limmos, we keep the windows up as we have been told that people are complimenting us so we might be embarrassed.

Well hope this letter reassures you and we look forward to your continued support

Statement from Venkys will probably be: Career opportunity for anybody who wants our money, just be incompetent, know feckall about football and you have a well paid job for as long as you are nice

Do they @#/? .... Bowyer told em brfc are in the play offs and they believed him . No mention of Bristol rovers .

Bowyer told them we changed name to Bournmouth, and we are in the PL. They believed him lol

We got a statement last season (supposedly from the owners although how much they contributed to it is questionable). I can't remember exactly what it said other than they were pleased with the progress being made under Bowyer and that they accepted things had gone wrong previously and they were committed to putting it right.

I think an updating assessment from the owners is due now the season is over with. Are they happy with the season? What are their aims going forward? I think any major organisation needs at least annual input from the people at the very top.

Is it correct that Bowyer travelled out to India after the Ipswich game? If so does anyone know if Myers/Shaw went out with him?

Personally I have nothing but contempt for the Venkys. They are either engaged in some kind of jiggery-pokery which we don't know about or are utter and complete fools who have no idea how to run a business but either way, HOW DARE THEY DO THIS TO OUR CLUB! The statement of intent won't be forthcoming as I doubt whether there is any intent and if there is they wouldn't want to publicise it and it certainly won't be foe the benefit of BRFC as a football club.

Archived