BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Channel 5 have rights to football league highlights

Just found out that championship, league 1 and 2 highlights will be shown at 9pm on channel 5 next season. I think this is great news. Now we dnt need to wait until daft o'clock in the morning see rovers surrender a 2 goal lead. They also have the rights to capital one cup and john stones paint trophy.

http://mobile.rovers.co.uk/news/article/the-football-league-channel-5-itn-productions-2440948.aspx

Just found out that championship, league 1 and 2 highlights will be shown at 9pm on channel 5 next season. I think this is great news. Now we dnt need to wait until daft o'clock in the morning see rovers surrender a 2 goal lead. They also have the rights to capital one cup and john stones paint trophy.

http://mobile.rovers.co.uk/news/article/the-football-league-channel-5-itn-productions-2440948.aspx

Good for channel 5 is that, this season BBC werent going to renew the deal to show highlights but they did, their viewing audience probably not great, hence channel 5 getting it, 9pm sounds good though!

Good for channel 5 is that, this season BBC werent going to renew the deal to show highlights but they did, their viewing audience probably not great, hence channel 5 getting it, 9pm sounds good though!

Better time TBH even though people's viewing habbits have changed with the advent of Iplayer etc

I've got a one year old so my wild nights out are over so I like the thought of getting my baby in bed for half eight then straight through 9 til twelve watching all the football league finishing with match of the day. Boom. Run at me.

• Backroom

Channel 5 coverage of football is bad but the football league show was terrible so it can't be any worse.

Well at least when we watch them we won't have to put up with maniche or whatever he is called. I asked my daughter how he kept the job and she said he was considered a safe pair of hands I. E. He wouldn't rock the boat or do anything remotely edgy.

• Backroom

Well at least when we watch them we won't have to put up with maniche or whatever he is called. I asked my daughter how he kept the job and she said he was considered a safe pair of hands I. E. He wouldn't rock the boat or do anything remotely edgy.

Makes sense, he comes off as possibly the most boring person on the planet.

Tend to catch the Football League highlights on Sky these days, but may give the new ch5 show a watch. Not usually much on at 9pm on a Saturday night anyway...

I think that it is a good move. Highlights show doesn't need to be owt fancy, just so the games. Not bothered about the 'expert' opinion of the likes of Leroy Rosinior or Steve Claridge!! And at least now it is at a reasonable time. I'm a night owl, but can hardly ever be bothered to carry on watching after MOTD just to see 5 seconds of highlights.

He come across as solid and fairly knowledgeable. If I want some annoying prick presenter I'll tune in to ITV2 or Channel 4.

Maniche, like Lineker, isn't there to juggle ostriches in their underpants. What lets that show down is that it always has Claridge or Rosenior. They are the one's being paid to give their opinions yet one's a plonker the others like watching paint dry. Too busy backslapping their mates and being the Lib Dem of football punditry.

Good news as long as Manish, Leroy and Steve aren't moving too.

Struggle to stay awake through their boring "insight", theres not an opinion between them.

Well blow me down with a feather.

Archived