BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Channel 5 have rights to football league highlights

Sorry about spelling - I usually check. And it's nothing to do with her job. She doesn't work in the same dept. it was me who asked why such a boring guy was employed on the show and she said it was because he's a safe pair of hands. It wasn't a criticism from her but a statement of why she thinks that he's there. The BBC trust him. I personally don't like his style. I record football league show, jump to matches I want to see and delete it. Problem solved.

• Backroom

He'd be fine if there were a couple of lively pundits to focus most of the attention on. But I can't imagine many people being enthusiastic over the concept of Manish Bhasin discussing lower league football with Steve Claridge or Leroy Rosenior in a basement somewhere at midnight.

Yea he does MOTD. I'm not the biggest fan of him on that tbh, I preferred him on Robot Wars.

I agree. I used to be on edge, waiting for Sgt. Bash to enter the arena. I couldn't stand Colin Murray either. His accent really went through me. If I'm honest, Channel 5 as a channel rubbish. Anything factual they do, I can't seriously, to the point where I don't believe anything their news bulletin says.

To make it better, each league should have it's own programme. 1 hour or so for 3 divisions is never going to work.

Channel 5 may get a rude awakening as its allegedly one of the most expensive programmes the BBC make......hence no Boxing Day episode.

I'd guess that's because of the amount of cameras they have in operation. I'd suspect they have a fair few people employed to sift through each game, to get highlights down to about 30 seconds per game.

Archived