BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Radio 5 Live Rovers Documentary

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radio 5 Live will be airing a 90 minute documentary on Thursday, 20 years on from Rovers winning the title. Likes of King Kenny, Alan Shearer, Chris Sutton and Tim Sherwood will all feature: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05tl1f8

Fantastic stuff from the BBC.

Hosted by Kelly Cates, I believe.

Heard Sutton talking about it on 5live the other week.

Are radio lancs doing anything? They're airing the Newell and Atkins evening.

Sadly Myers being off maybe contributed to the complete lack of any public celebrations from the club. Just shows what a set off shitehouses the rest of them running the show are that no one else picked up the baton so to speak.

The last home game of the season should have been the one targeted for a day of celebration right from the start of last season and regardless of if there was anything to play for. Dunnys last game would just have added to it. I say it again shitehouses running the show. Stuff you Derek knob end Shaw !

Sadly Myers being off maybe contributed to the complete lack of any public celebrations from the club. Just shows what a set off shitehouses the rest of them running the show are that no one else picked up the baton so to speak.

The last home game of the season should have been the one targeted for a day of celebration right from the start of last season and regardless of if there was anything to play for. Dunnys last game would just have added to it. I say it again shitehouses running the show. Stuff you Derek knob end Shaw !

There is a celebration dinner on the 14th , which has been organised by the FPA , which will be well attended by the squad who won the premiership and also the 1975 squad .

Tickets were snapped up pretty quickly by businesses at a premium. Would of been good if it had been extended into opening the ground to the supporter base so everyone who wanted to could join in , with the celebrations.

I'm fortunate enough to have a got a ticket through work , but do think the FPA missed a trick by keeping the evening to just a dinner

I just get the feeling the present bunch running the club don't give a toss.

You've both got your tickets for the do on Monday night haven't you??

You've both got your tickets for the do on Monday night haven't you??

Glad that they've sorted that and hope it goes well but really that just comes comes across as a token gesture. Those kind of events used to be put on regularly when the club was run by real people. Just how hard would it have been to sort something for the last game of the season. Enjoy your freebie.

There is a celebration dinner on the 14th , which has been organised by the FPA , which will be well attended by the squad who won the premiership and also the 1975 squad .

Tickets were snapped up pretty quickly by businesses at a premium. Would of been good if it had been extended into opening the ground to the supporter base so everyone who wanted to could join in , with the celebrations.

I'm fortunate enough to have a got a ticket through work , but do think the FPA missed a trick by keeping the evening to just a dinner

nice of the club and Former Players Association to treat the fans with such disregard - won't be bothering with any of their events in the future if that is how they treat fans.

Do you Venky's employees get free tickets?

Enjoy your freebie.

You should hang your heads in shame. Venkys employee blah blah, freebie blah blah.

The accusation was that the club had done nothing for the 20 years. They have.

I've paid my fiver along with 299 others, and if you two have missed out then tough sh!t.

You should hang your heads in shame. Venkys employee blah blah, freebie blah blah.

The accusation was that the club had done nothing for the 20 years. They have.

I've paid my fiver along with 299 others, and if you two have missed out then tough sh!t.

What do you want a @#/? prize ? No other club in the entire land would let this pass so meekly, never mind the commercial opportunities. They are the only ones who should be doing any head hanging.

What do you want a @#/? prize ? No other club in the entire land would let this pass so meekly, never mind the commercial opportunities. They are the only ones who should be doing any head hanging.

So did you bother getting a ticket?

So did you bother getting a ticket?

What's that got to do with anything ? It won't alter my feelings on the matter and I've probably attended more of these events down the years than you've had hot dinners.

No.

Apparently 'they were snapped up quickly by businesses at a Premium'

OK Cha.

Monday night - 5 quid a ticket, includes a free potato pie supper.

Thursday night - 75 quid a ticket. Different do.

What's that got to do with anything ? It won't alter my feelings on the matter and I've probably attended more of these events down the years than you've had hot dinners.

So you didn't bother to get a ticket. And down the years, we've probably met. You became a bitter c*** , I didn't.

there is an event on the 11th for fans at which tickets cost a fiver (run by the club) and there is an event on the 14th for the prawn sandwich brigade at which tickets cost a bit more than a fiver (run by the former players association). The tickets for the club event were on sale for 10 days and the tickets for the former players association were "snapped up quickly by businesses at the premium" according to Glen Mullan.

Monday night - 5 quid a ticket, includes a free potato pie supper.

Thursday night - 75 quid a ticket. Different do.

So you didn't bother to get a ticket. And down the years, we've probably met. You became a bitter c*** , I didn't.

Not a question of not bothering it's a question of being able to attend. Pity because I'd have welcomed the opportunity for you to call me a bitter @#/? to my face but then again you wouldn't would you. Anyhow it's irrelevant because we could have had 15 or 16 thousand turn up and join in a celebration on the last home game of the season like most normal clubs would do. So I'm the bitter @#/? but your the clueless @#/? !

Not a question of not bothering it's a question of being able to attend. Pity because I'd have welcomed the opportunity for you to call me a bitter @#/? to my face but then again you wouldn't would you. Anyhow it's irrelevant because we could have had 15 or 16 thousand turn up and join in a celebration on the last home game of the season like most normal clubs would do. So I'm the bitter @#/? but your the clueless @#/? !

You're - not your

You're - not your

It's getting late and anyway the last time you spell checked me you failed to spot the irony after your own grammer mistake in your reply. Couldn't make it up you really couldn't :rock:

Archived