BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Radio 5 Live Rovers Documentary

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a sad indictment of football though that only a handful of teams are 'allowed' to win the league. How do Abramovic and the Glazers represent fair play in football? Far from making things more even, FFP have cemented the haves and have-nots forever more. The very idea of fair play is a fallacy.

It's a sad indictment of football though that only a handful of teams are 'allowed' to win the league. How do Abramovic and the Glazers represent fair play in football? Far from making things more even, FFP have cemented the haves and have-nots forever more. The very idea of fair play is a fallacy.

It's what the top clubs have been trying to do for years.

The sooner the join a European Super League the better.

It's getting late and anyway the last time you spell checked me you failed to spot the irony after your own grammer mistake in your reply. Couldn't make it up you really couldn't :rock:

Is that containing a silent 'd'?

Couldn't agree more. What's taking so long?!

None of their supporters is interested enough in the potential matches.

There is a celebration dinner on the 14th , which has been organised by the FPA , which will be well attended by the squad who won the premiership and also the 1975 squad .

Tickets were snapped up pretty quickly by businesses at a premium. Would of been good if it had been extended into opening the ground to the supporter base so everyone who wanted to could join in , with the celebrations.

I'm fortunate enough to have a got a ticket through work , but do think the FPA missed a trick by keeping the evening to just a dinner

What is the FPA Glen?

there is an event on the 11th for fans at which tickets cost a fiver (run by the club) and there is an event on the 14th for the prawn sandwich brigade at which tickets cost a bit more than a fiver (run by the former players association). The tickets for the club event were on sale for 10 days and the tickets for the former players association were "snapped up quickly by businesses at the premium" according to Glen Mullan.

The Club kept that quiet, was it advertised?

What is the FPA Glen?

The Club kept that quiet, was it advertised?

the event last night was well advertised however the event on Thursday is run by the Former Players Association (BRFPA) and it seems they only offered tickets to their corporate chums. It seems the BRFPA didn't want 'joe public' there, which won't be forgotten.

Thanks for the info guys.

I must admit I did not see any info about last night whatsoever. As a ST holder I heard nothing and I rarely go on the official site (except to get Rovers Readies results and away ticket info) and rarely read the LT. I am not sure what other organ was used by Rovers.

Thanks for the info guys.

I must admit I did not see any info about last night whatsoever. As a ST holder I heard nothing and I rarely go on the official site (except to get Rovers Readies results and away ticket info) and rarely read the LT. I am not sure what other organ was used by Rovers.

tbf it was mentioned on the website, at the game, by Radio Lancashire and on facebook/twitter that I know of, and it was sold out so they've hardly not marketed it. Not sure where else you'd like it to be publicised :)

Anyway it was a really good night. Mike Newell and Mark Atkins were on top form and provided lots of laughs for the audience. I know a few years ago there were quite a few of these events which fizzled out a bit, but hopefully given that about 200 (or maybe more) people turned up shows that there is a nice appetite for what always turn out to be a good event.

Clare you misunderstand the event on monday in the prem suite was well advertised the sportsman dinner on thursday which Andy is referring to was not I can also confirm I actually spoke to the club about the sportsman dinner on thursday I called them on tuesday they said it was sold out but can confirm what Andy says tickets were not available to the general public as I would have loved to have gone tickets were only available to posh people and bigwigs I agree with Andy the supporters will not forget about this I have to say I am disappointed to not be attending.

Just seen some of the clips with shearer, sutton, kenny and sherwood. it looks great, but they should have got tony parkes on, nevermind... still looking forward to listening to it

Brought a tear to the eye that documentary.

King Kenny - what a man.

Same here. Its like looking back at your best Christmas as a kid. Makes you smile but theres also a sadness knowing it can never be as good again.

Thank You Jack.

Radio 5 Live will be airing a 90 minute documentary on Thursday, 20 years on from Rovers winning the title. Likes of King Kenny, Alan Shearer, Chris Sutton and Tim Sherwood will all feature: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05tl1f8

Fantastic stuff from the BBC.

Anyone know how i could download this to play on an mp3 player?

Archived