BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Radio 5 Live Rovers Documentary

Anyone know how i could download this to play on an mp3 player?

Yeah, you can download it here, just right click and save as http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/5live/5lspecials/5lspecials_20150514-2000a.mp3

The radio Lancs special is also running the radio 5 stuff hopefully that will be available soon to download/listen online because super atko is on fine form with his stories :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also felt it meant the world to Sutton. I dunno what it is about Shearer, but I always feel it was just business. Maybe that unfair of me. But he always seems a little detached from it all. Probably because he reserves his sentiment for his hometown club. Which I guess is understandable. But Kenny just got it. He just understood it all and really bought into the dream.

Doesn't it make you sick that the footballing super powers have put paid to any such dream? The only consolation is we were probably the last club fortunate enough to experience it.

Yeah, you can download it here, just right click and save as http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/5live/5lspecials/5lspecials_20150514-2000a.mp3

The radio Lancs special is also running the radio 5 stuff hopefully that will be available soon to download/listen online because super atko is on fine form with his stories :)

Cheers. Just noticed the radio lancs thing whilst surfing. Atko was the best 45k the club ever spent. @#/? right back though lol

moon on a stick time. any mp3 links to the radio lancs piece would be nice :)

It's a bit much to hope but how good it would be for that broadcast to be heard in India. What a legacy ...and responsibility...to have this wonderful football club in their hands and what a challenge to aspire to. A great listen. many fantastic memories..especially that dreadful 15 seconds at Anfield when it seemed like we'd lost it and then going bonkers when we won it. Happy Days.

It was so good to hear how much it meant to them all still. The Newcastle game at home in 95 is something I think about quite a lot still, almost like some kind of PTSD. I would have only been 7/8, but it's still the most stressful atmosphere I've ever been in, the tension unbearable. Le Saux's tiny, deft dummy before he sticks it up to the back post is actually more vivid to me than Shearer crashing it in. The rest of the game is just an agonising blur of Raul Fox vs Flowers.

Just finished listening and I'm left emotional.

Instantly transported back.

Wonderful anecdotes, particularly from King Kenny.

Ray Harford is rightly praised (a great man, shamefully butchered and insulted by Radio Lancs when he became manager.

God rest him.

Made my kids listen to this last night. Still got palpitations when the discussion turned to the Newcastle game. On way back after that game I stopped at Hartshead Moor Services at the same time as 4 Geordie coaches. Their fans literally cornered me in main entrance with "how the @#/? did you win that game?" Thought I was done for, then every single one of them shook my hand and told me that we had to beat Utd to the title. I had to stop about 3 times on the hard shoulder on the M1 and punch the air...I was just overwhelmed with happiness

Archived