BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer's thoughts on the season

Same old excuses. FFP has affected us for 1 transfer window, so I don't see how it affected our lack of pace, our lack of experienced players, or the fact we had a miserable December.

As for the unbeaten in 7 games stuff, he's kidding himself.

• Backroom

That's a lot of excuses in one interview.

]“It is no secret we need pace in the team. When Josh King was missing we did not have the blistering pace that, if you look at certain other teams, they have got in them.

By missing does he mean on the bench? Even when he was fit Josh was backup, so this excuse in particular is ridiculous in its revisionism.

Longest serving sorry

Fair enough, I wasn't having a pop at you. Bowyer frustrates me as well but some people (not you) go a bit too far (such as having a go at him because Bournemouth got promoted!)

That's a lot of excuses in one interview.

By missing does he mean on the bench? Even when he was fit Josh was backup, so this excuse in particular is ridiculous in its revisionism.

And this goes back to the very first game at home to Cardiff. The game was there to be won when Cardiff went on the back foot. We had King on the bench as a potential match winner but Bowyer seemed to accept the point when I thought he should have gone to look for the win. And that negativity has been repeated too many times by him for my liking.

I think what is in the article will be his mantra when he visits the Indians soon.

Yup plenty of excuses in already. Getting particularly sick of the ffp excuse its affected one transfer window and it was coming a mile away so if short in key areas it's down to poor dealings in transfer windows running up to the imminent sanctions. When it actually becomes a valid excuse, and it obviously will be, can see it being trotted out on a daily basis.

You don't need a crystal ball to see post match comments next season. So Gary we played 4 centre halves and 2 defensive midfielders did that contribute to not scoring...no ffp. So Gary you put our leading goal scorer on the bench...ffp. So Gary you played Jason Lowe in goal...ffp.

Yup plenty of excuses in already. Getting particularly sick of the ffp excuse its affected one transfer window and it was coming a mile away so if short in key areas it's down to poor dealings in transfer windows running up to the imminent sanctions. When it actually becomes a valid excuse, and it obviously will be, can see it being trotted out on a daily basis.

You don't need a crystal ball to see post match comments next season. So Gary we played 4 centre halves and 2 defensive midfielders did that contribute to not scoring...no ffp. So Gary you put our leading goal scorer on the bench...ffp. So Gary you played Jason Lowe in goal...ffp.

Like it, but what makes it even more galling is we shouldn't be under ffp. As excuses go it's a crap one on so many fronts. Not just because we've seen it ages away and it's only affected one window (although that'd be reason enough) but the fact we really shouldn't be under it as any half competent senior management would have steered us well clear of it. I'm struggling for an analogy but basically our excuse is our own fault.

Btw don't mean the debt is the current regime's fault, but not avoiding ffp certainly is.

I did notice one thing, no comments are allowed on that article.

Talk about having the local media in their pockets.

It also tells you that the club and local media know that there is a lack of fans' support for Bowyer.

Archived