BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2015/16 Pre Season

Fantastic, old school! And why not? Who did we play pre season in 94? Hibs, Shamrock Rovers?

Maybe when we've paid up (Kean, Anderson and) Best up we can think about asking Barca back instead of Wigin. Until then....

No biggie. As ever - win the first league game, nothing else matters.

Just crack on it's the Lancs Cup.

Funnily enough I always remember fixtures against Oldham and Tranmere being quite tasty. We don't need the Lancs cup these days anyway because we're near enough all in the same division, well if PNE don't @#/? it up. Oldham away on a good Friday, now that was a game ! Apart from that damn plastic pitch :rover:

Loads of games against lower league teams to boost rovers chance of winning some so everyone thinks everything is rosy in the garden thus blinding people into renewing season tickets and giving bowyer the vote of confidence, wouldn't be surprised if bowyer hand picked these teams himself

I'll look forward to being attacked at these Tinpot clubs. Always amazed me how so many Rovers fans never helped out if a fellow Rover was being bullied or worse. No wonder Kean and Slug could do what ever they wanted.

I'll look forward to being attacked at these Tinpot clubs. Always amazed me how so many Rovers fans never helped out if a fellow Rover was being bullied or worse. No wonder Kean and Slug could do what ever they wanted.

Strange comments. As a rule of thumb people don't usually get attacked for no reason whatsoever, and if you're looking for trouble, you'll find it.

Imagine the mard arses now playing Friday Saturday and Monday

Remember when that game was switched from Ewood to Oldham at the last min. They'd have gone on strike these days. Gaz would have given them a week off and they'd have @#/? off to Benidorm and plastered it all over twitter.

Strange comments. As a rule of thumb people don't usually get attacked for no reason whatsoever, and if you're looking for trouble, you'll find it.

Under normal circumstances yes but football in the 80's wasn't normal, you must remember lol

Remember when that game was switched from Ewood to Oldham at the last min. They'd have gone on strike these days. Gaz would have given them a week off and they'd have @#/? off to Benidorm and plastered it all over twitter.

Under normal circumstances yes but football in the 80's wasn't normal, you must remember lol

Yeah maybe I'm thinking back to when we played these teams. I wonder if they're still in the dark ages.

Yeah maybe I'm thin kickback to when we played these teams. I wonder if they're still in the dark ages.

From what I can remember Oldham was one of the the rare fixtures were Rovers fans seemed 'up fer it'. Mind you I was only young so I was watching from a safe distance lol. It was probably far less than it seemed at the time. If they're are anything like Preston though they'll still be stuck in that era !

Rovers play at Chorley on July 31st according to the Chorley FC website.

I know that Rovers U21's play Chorley U21's, didn't know of a first team fixture between the two sides.

I hid in a wheelie bin once as I got chased back to the car .. I were not that old and got split from my dad

Oldham

I went in the Oldham end one year.

Got thrown out of the away end another year.

Next time will be incident free :)

Pity no games in Scotland. Better to play local teams though than to go to Austria to play some lower division teams. Hilarious how our glamour home game has shed glamour each year since it was introduced. Accy next year I predict.

To be honest if you look at what fixtures other clubs in the Championship have got lined up they are in the main all against League One or Two sides. Some clubs have got the odd 'glamour' game lined up but that's just one of six/seven fixtures.

I would have liked them to have arranged a game in Portugal like they did a couple of years ago. Would have been a nice few days away going to the Algarve rather than Tranmere or Oldham.

• Backroom

I hid in a wheelie bin once as I got chased back to the car .. I were not that old and got split from my dad

Oldham

Oldham is more your family club these days Abbey... more chance of the wheelie bin chasing you than the Oldham fans :tu:

Poor player in my opinion ...

I was never impressed when he was partnered with Hanley, but in the FA Cup and a few other leauge matches where he was played alongside Kilgallon I thought he'd really improved

Really? Pretty sure that Gomis will disagree with you.

The way he shaped last season he'd look more at home on Formby sands as one of Antony Gormely's scultures.

Big improvements required from the big lad next season

• 4 weeks later...

Archived